FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Rotate Caeli on my book Cor Jesu Sacratissimum!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Always embarrassed if I seem to blow my own trumpet too much here ...

But I hope  it is not amiss if I report that I am very grateful that Rorate Caeli now has a review of my book-up today!

Link here: http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2017/02....html#more

I just want to add two things.

First, the Rorate Caeli write-up focusses heavily - almost exclusively - on the New Age aspect of the book. That is obviously an important aspect, but the book is about a lot more besides. It's about secularism, the tyranny of political correctness, the failure of the post-Vatican II church , the Latin Mass and traditionalism and the need to fight for CHRISTENDOM. There's also a lot about the French Revolution and the Counter-Revolution that followed it.

The book, then,  is really about Counter Revolution and Christendom. But in that context, the "New Age Revolution" is now a major thing that desperately needs to be addressed, desperately ...

Second, if you, whoever you may be, regular Fishies, lurkers etc are  reading this and go to Rorate and would care to share their piece on any social media you are involved in - Facebook, Twitter, whatever ... I would be very, very grateful to you.

Thank you!

Rorate Caeli Wrote:I believe this to be of the utmost importance because New Age spirituality is in many ways today the spirituality of the West. Explicitly New Age thinkers, communities, and practices are the most visible manifestation of a world-view which you can find everywhere. In order to find the Faith, educated people in the developed world first need to free themselves from the strange mixture of intellectual superiority and superstition which the New Age provides. The keys needed to unlock this dismal prison are provided by Roger Buck, who wants to introduce those attracted to the New Age not to a purely intellectual religion--the kind of religion which they have rightly rejected--but to the riches and warmth of a genuine Catholic culture, which can be provided by the renewal of Christendom.

Ha, that is exactly what I've said to you as well! And they are right on. "New Age-ism" is exactly the modern religion that is always there in the background, like white noise, accepted by so many without a second's thought, absorbed by them through some sort of osmosis. This is why I think this new book of yours -- even though I know it's not just about the New Age -- is an important one.

But as I've also said to you, I think that "The Gentle Traditionalist" is the book to get into the hands of most Millennial types. I SO want for that book to make its way around the world, to be translated into as many languages as possible, to be in our libraries, etc. Seriously, Fishies, if you haven't read "The Gentle Traditionalist," read it! And if you have someone in your life who's fallen into the trap of secularism or New Ageism, get that book into their hands!

Get "The Gentle Traditionalist" here: http://mybook.to/TheGentleTraditionalist

And then get Cor Jesu Sacratissimum! I haven't read ALL of the latter yet, but it is a wonderful, important read so far, just as Rorate Caeli says. You won't be disappointed.
The post V-II Church completely tried to remove the mystery, beauty, ritual, reverence, tradition, and culture from Catholicism. What is left is a shell of the true glory of our great religion. That's why traditional parishes are really the only places where it still thrives, and even here at a decreased/hobbled level since many traditionalists need to travel from all around to get to Mass instead of being involved in their local parish.

With such a massive void, people flock to new ageism because they see it as something that provides them with at least some of these things.
I have been reading the Kindle version of Cor Jesu Sacratissimum, Roger. Only about 14 or 15% of the way in, but I love it. I have an odd (perhaps) question. Might there ever be an audiobook version of The Gentle Traditionalist? I have a coworker who is dyslexic, only listens to audiobooks. He often asks me questions about the faith, as his childhood was secular. Just curious.
(02-24-2017, 12:58 PM)dahveed Wrote: [ -> ]I have been reading the Kindle version of Cor Jesu Sacratissimum, Roger. Only about 14 or 15% of the way in, but I love it. I have an odd (perhaps) question. Might there ever be an audiobook version of The Gentle Traditionalist? I have a coworker who is dyslexic, only listens to audiobooks. He often asks me questions about the faith, as his childhood was secular. Just curious.

Me too!  Audiobooks only.
First, Vox, thank you so, so much for all your enthusiasm and support in so many ways - seen and unseen. You have helped me so very much!

Second, regarding:
(02-24-2017, 05:55 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-24-2017, 12:58 PM)dahveed Wrote: [ -> ]I have been reading the Kindle version of Cor Jesu Sacratissimum, Roger. Only about 14 or 15% of the way in, but I love it. I have an odd (perhaps) question. Might there ever be an audiobook version of The Gentle Traditionalist? I have a coworker who is dyslexic, only listens to audiobooks. He often asks me questions about the faith, as his childhood was secular. Just curious.

Dahveed, Sacred Heart Lover, many thanks for this indication of support and interest for this very striking idea!

Do you know I have never listened to an audiobook in my life. And I have never met anyone who prefers "audiobooks only". I am very culturally ignorant here - VERY 19th century!  Smile

But theoretically, I could do this myself, I think. My publisher Angelico Press has purchased the rights for print and Kindle versions, I believe, but not audio. (I would still want to check if Angelico were happy though.)

So . . . hmmm . . . (wheels turning in my head) . . . wonder about reading it and recording it myself . . . But I would lack the skills that a professional would have. I guess, too, a book of this length would have to be a digest at a shorter length.

Really, I am CLUELESS about stuff like this.

If you or anyone else can tell me anything more about this, I really might be interested in doing it myself, if Angelico doesn't mind.

Would anyone else be interested in an audio version?

Wow ... thank you!
(02-25-2017, 01:25 PM)Roger Buck Wrote: [ -> ]First, Vox, thank you so, so much for all your enthusiasm and support in so many ways - seen and unseen. You have helped me so very much!

Second, regarding:
(02-24-2017, 05:55 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: [ -> ]

Dahveed, Sacred Heart Lover, many thanks for this indication of support and interest for this very striking idea!

Do you know I have never listened to an audiobook in my life. And I have never met anyone who prefers "audiobooks only". I am very culturally ignorant here - VERY 19th century!  Smile

But theoretically, I could do this myself, I think. My publisher Angelico Press has purchased the rights for print and Kindle versions, I believe, but not audio. (I would still want to check if Angelico were happy though.)

So . . . hmmm . . . (wheels turning in my head) . . . wonder about reading it and recording it myself . . . But I would lack the skills that a professional would have. I guess, too, a book of this length would have to be a digest at a shorter length.

Really, I am CLUELESS about stuff like this.

If you or anyone else can tell me anything more about this, I really might be interested in doing it myself, if Angelico doesn't mind.

Would anyone else be interested in an audio version?

Wow ... thank you!

Audio books are pretty big actually!  Check out Audible.com

People love to listen on their iphones while exercising or driving or doing dishes...etc.
Sacred Heart Lover - thank you for this:

Quote:Audio books are pretty big actually!  Check out Audible.com

People love to listen on their iphones while exercising or driving or doing dishes...etc.

I did go. Yes some of those ARE long. Maybe I don't need to digest? A bit out of my depth here. But this helps!
And there is this:

https://librivox.org/