FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The "Hermit of Loreto" and Donald Trump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I stumbled on to this video today and I thought I'd share it. I'm not sure what to make of it and I'd like to here your thoughts about it. Long story short, it tells the story of the American Hermit Tom Zimmer (who's claim to fame is compiling the "pieta" prayer book) who supposedly once prophesized in the eighties that Donald Trump would eventually become president and help bring America back to God. It's sounds too good to be true, but I thought I'd share it none the less.

trump himself though is an amoral man, of not too many scrupples from his actions, but what he said is the cold truth, when he was campaingning, even that dispicable statment about grabbing ladies, but when your rich there are many ladies that dont respect themselves and throw themselves at rich men and sports team memebers, and the corruption in politics is a mile high, but trump I belive will let us have our religious freedome to carry our mandated mission out unlike the progressives today, that I do belive.

They say dont judge but I go by the past actions to say what I belive, I dont always like trumps actions but I belive he as a buisness person will help our country grow once more, and get better deals as a savoy negotiator.
I may not really like Trump (but you kind of have to pick the better of the two you are given) but he hasn't done anything I consider to be any worse than any other president in recent memory, the feminists etc. are just upset that their candidate didn't win. I don't know if he will bring the country to God he hasn't done anything to bring it away from God so far. That being said I would have stayed loyal to my country and respected my president even if Hilary Clinton had won unlike so many others of my age group who have been crazy this election. There is a difference between respecting someone because they are in a position and believing everything they say and think it is right. I wouldn't block the streets for her  election, throw things at the politicians and crowd, or picket the White House like the opposite side did this year. In the same vein I don't think Trump is the savior that will single handily rid the country from evil etc. like my grandparents believe. I think "Chirchesoffortwayne" was right in that he will let us have our religious freedom. I also think "MeanGene" is correct that this prophesy "sounds too good to be true." Trump needs to stop tweeting though.
(02-26-2017, 01:58 AM)churchesoffortwayne Wrote: [ -> ]trump himself though is an amoral man, of not too many scrupples from his actions, but what he said is the cold truth, when he was campaingning, even that dispicable statment about grabbing ladies, but when your rich there are many ladies that dont respect themselves and throw themselves at rich men and sports team memebers, and the corruption in politics is a mile high, but trump I belive will let us have our religious freedome to carry our mandated mission out unlike the progressives today, that I do belive.

They say dont judge but I go by the past actions to say what I belive, I dont always like trumps actions but I belive he as a buisness person will help our country grow once more, and get better deals as a savoy negotiator.

"Amoral" means "without morals," and he is definitely not that. He's not at all an "amoral" man; he's a fellow sinner, like we all are. I doubt, too, that he's any more immoral, either, than most other nominal Christians are.

(02-26-2017, 08:31 AM)KateriElizabeth Wrote: [ -> ]I may not really like Trump (but you kind of have to pick the better of the two you are given)

You were aware at the time that you had more than two choices, right?
(02-26-2017, 11:52 AM)Melkite Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2017, 08:31 AM)KateriElizabeth Wrote: [ -> ]I may not really like Trump (but you kind of have to pick the better of the two you are given)

You were aware at the time that you had more than two choices, right?

Effectively it was and is limited to two candidates as it has been since Lincoln was elected and the Republican Party became one of the 2 major parties. There has been no third party candidate to win a state since 1968 where George Wallace won 5 states. I know you can choose a third-party.

It didn't matter anyway our state went Democrat just like the last election. They voted Democrat every election since 1992.
I would suggest that Donald Trump should return to God first. 
(02-27-2017, 10:42 AM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]I would suggest that Donald Trump should return to God first.

I agree!
(02-27-2017, 10:42 AM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]I would suggest that Donald Trump should return to God first.

How do you know he hasn't turned to God in the first place? Who are you to judge his relationship with the Lord?
(02-27-2017, 01:18 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]

How do you know he hasn't turned to God in the first place? Who are you to judge his relationship with the Lord?

You are rIght. it is not up to me to judge. but in order to lead there must be a clear vision. In the case of Donald Trump I don't see a vision that is compatible with the Catholic Faith.
Pages: 1 2