FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Are we on the Final Pope?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have read through the Prophecy of St Malachy, and found that there are phrases that have little, if anything to do with the pope who they are supposed to be about. For example, the phrase "Vrſus uelox" (swift bear) has nothing to do with Pope Clement XIV.

The phrases describing the popes before 1590 are more accurate than those after. As the prophecies were published in 1595, historians have generally concluded that they are a fabrication written shortly before they were published.
From the the Catholic Encyclopedia on the St Malachy Prophecy... this seems to make sense.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/12473a.htm

"The last of these prophecies concerns the end of the world and is as follows: "In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church there will reign Peter the Roman, who will feed his flock amid many tribulations, after which the seven-hilled city will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge the people. The End." It has been noticed concerning Petrus Romanus, who according to St. Malachy's list is to be the last pope, that the prophecy does not say that no popes will intervene between him and his predecessor designated Gloria olivæ. It merely says that he is to be the last, so that we may suppose as many popes as we please before "Peter the Roman". Cornelius a Lapide refers to this prophecy in his commentary "On the Gospel of St. John" (C. xvi) and "On the Apocalypse" (cc. xvii-xx), and he endeavours to calculate according to it the remaining years of time."
(03-04-2017, 04:55 AM)MichaelNZ Wrote: [ -> ]I have read through the Prophecy of St Malachy, and found that there are phrases that have little, if anything to do with the pope who they are supposed to be about. For example, the phrase "Vrſus uelox" (swift bear) has nothing to do with Pope Clement XIV.

The phrases describing the popes before 1590 are more accurate than those after. As the prophecies were published in 1595, historians have generally concluded that they are a fabrication written shortly before they were published.

What about "de labore solis" for Pope JPII?
The Remnant talked about the constellation thing last year at some point. Definitely quite interesting. Many little things are coming together for something big to happen in the fall of this year. We shall see.
(03-05-2017, 11:30 AM)EliRotello Wrote: [ -> ]What about "de labore solis" for Pope JPII?

The Wikipedia article on the Prophecy states the following with regard to Pope St John Paul II:

"Proponents of the prophecies find significance in the occurrence of solar eclipses (elsewhere in the world) on the dates of John Paul II's birth (18 May 1920) and funeral (8 April 2005).[2][16] Other attempts to link the pope to the motto have been "more forced," included drawing a connection to Copernicus (who formulated a comprehensive heliocentric model of the Solar System), as both were Polish and lived in Kraków for parts of their lives"

However, I think this is just clutching at straws. The phrases are vague (at least those since 1590 are) and could be interpreted in different ways.
(03-05-2017, 12:05 PM)GangGreen Wrote: [ -> ]The Remnant talked about the constellation thing last year at some point. Definitely quite interesting. Many little things are coming together for something big to happen in the fall of this year. We shall see.

If you have a link to that article, I'd love to see it! I have a thing for the stars, as you might be able to tell from the Fisheaters Zodiac page LOL
(03-05-2017, 05:06 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-05-2017, 12:05 PM)GangGreen Wrote: [ -> ]The Remnant talked about the constellation thing last year at some point. Definitely quite interesting. Many little things are coming together for something big to happen in the fall of this year. We shall see.

If you have a link to that article, I'd love to see it! I have a thing for the stars, as you might be able to tell from the Fisheaters Zodiac page LOL
I made a thread about this a while back. :)

http://www.fisheaters.com/forums/index.p...=3472744.0
(03-04-2017, 06:15 AM)CaptCrunch73 Wrote: [ -> ]From the the Catholic Encyclopedia on the St Malachy Prophecy... this seems to make sense.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/12473a.htm

"It has been noticed concerning Petrus Romanus, who according to St. Malachy's list is to be the last pope, that the prophecy does not say that no popes will intervene between him and his predecessor designated Gloria olivæ. It merely says that he is to be the last, so that we may suppose as many popes as we please before "Peter the Roman". Cornelius a Lapide refers to this prophecy in his commentary "On the Gospel of St. John" (C. xvi) and "On the Apocalypse" (cc. xvii-xx), and he endeavours to calculate according to it the remaining years of time."

And this is the key. We have no idea how many Popes are yet to come, and worrying about it is counter productive. Pray for the Pope, pray for the Church, work as if there are centuries yet in which to save souls, and live each day as if it is your last.
Pages: 1 2