FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Admonishing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please correct me if I'm wrong about any of this or phrasing it incorrectly:
Everyday I read articles, blog posts, and forums threads (many right on this site) that show displeasure with the Holy Father and his interpretations of the gospel.  How many of the things he proposes are not congruent with the gospels let alone the catechism. How he seems to want to change the church into something that it really can not be.

I understand that we are called to have humility and be obedient not only to God's will but loyal to the Holy Father and the church.  Everyday I say my rosary and pray for the Holy Father at the end, sometimes also in the intentions. 

Given all of that is there a way for the laity to express to Pope Francis and the members of the church that supported  him up and back him our, the laities, opposition to his and their vision of the church and how we are aware of their inconsistencies?  Is there an acceptable way to physically do this?  If everyone is willing to march against abortion, would they march to show displeasure with the Holy Father's take on tradition and his attack on Catholicism ?

I read the thread on how his own close constituents want his resignation in order to prevent schism and I almost lost it.  My heart really sank. Where are the days of Pope's remaining until God calls them? These guys, and I say guys as in common guys,  are turning these Holy offices into common political seats.  Where are the Holy men in our church?  Is the Pope simply going to banish them all. Is it really that easy to delete the church?

My faith in God remains and I will continue to pray ardently for change to occur in Pope Francis' heart but God also gave me a body with which to performs acts. A mouth to praise Him and also to admonish the sinner in charity.  I think of St. Catherine of Sienna in times like this. 

Has anyone else had thoughts like this? Ideas?  It's just gone on long enough. Because if it's not Pope Francis it's the next "guy" they put in there ahead of a Holy man of God.

Please correct me if need be.

May God's will be done in Heaven and on earth.
Maybe speaking to a local diocesan priest would help.  Express to him your concerns.  Maybe you need to search around for a Priest who is versed in modern controversy.  I know there are some in my diocese, and my family has spoken with them on our journey seeking the truth. 
(03-04-2017, 09:38 AM)AugustineNYC Wrote: [ -> ]Please correct me if I'm wrong about any of this or phrasing it incorrectly:
Everyday I read articles, blog posts, and forums threads (many right on this site) that show displeasure with the Holy Father and his interpretations of the gospel.  How many of the things he proposes are not congruent with the gospels let alone the catechism. How he seems to want to change the church into something that it really can not be.

I understand that we are called to have humility and be obedient not only to God's will but loyal to the Holy Father and the church.  Everyday I say my rosary and pray for the Holy Father at the end, sometimes also in the intentions. 

Given all of that is there a way for the laity to express to Pope Francis and the members of the church that supported  him up and back him our, the laities, opposition to his and their vision of the church and how we are aware of their inconsistencies?  Is there an acceptable way to physically do this?  If everyone is willing to march against abortion, would they march to show displeasure with the Holy Father's take on tradition and his attack on Catholicism ?

I read the thread on how his own close constituents want his resignation in order to prevent schism and I almost lost it.  My heart really sank. Where are the days of Pope's remaining until God calls them? These guys, and I say guys as in common guys,  are turning these Holy offices into common political seats.  Where are the Holy men in our church?  Is the Pope simply going to banish them all. Is it really that easy to delete the church?

My faith in God remains and I will continue to pray ardently for change to occur in Pope Francis' heart but God also gave me a body with which to performs acts. A mouth to praise Him and also to admonish the sinner in charity.  I think of St. Catherine of Sienna in times like this. 

Has anyone else had thoughts like this? Ideas?  It's just gone on long enough. Because if it's not Pope Francis it's the next "guy" they put in there ahead of a Holy man of God.

Please correct me if need be.

May God's will be done in Heaven and on earth.

An excellent post... and I have been thinking the same thing! How amazing that so many good Catholics can think the way they do of the holy father -  that is the state of the church - that is the fruits of modernism - this week I associated "Papa Alinsky"  with the holy father.  I just confessed those same feelings to my priest,  a mature and prudent priest of the SS PX.    I just as you pray for the holy father daily.  As my priest says, I need to make more fervent prayer for the holy father and for the church. Our lady came from heaven  at Fatima to perform the greatest public miracle the modern world has ever seen. Half of her message was about the holy father... La Salette and Akita echo these grave concerns that play out daily in front of us.

What can we do, well it's all about prayer! We can  promote with in our parishes saying the stations of the cross and finish it off with a prayer for the supreme pontiff of the church.  We can raise good Catholic families, and we can do all we can to promote the traditional mass at our parishes. We can be fervent in our vocalizing the need of prayer for the holy father,  The need for reverence within our churches and at our masses, and for the exposition of the Blessed Sacrament regularly.... with all parishioners fervently praying for the holy father.  When I was still attending the diocesan mass, I never heard near the amount of prayer for the holy father as what I do in the SSPX mass.  Not to sound cliche, but I think prayers for the holy father will do far more than any protest or attempts to rally public opinion within the Catholic community will do.  Only she can help us- she said as much.
(03-04-2017, 02:05 PM)EliRotello Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe speaking to a local diocesan priest would help.  Express to him your concerns.  Maybe you need to search around for a Priest who is versed in modern controversy.  I know there are some in my diocese, and my family has spoken with them on our journey seeking the truth.

I am starting to get the inkling that we might be past that. When you see how the left mobilizes, and most importantly how the press panders to them,  how can we be so passive in our reactions to such levels of left wing thinking in the higher levels of the church? We've obviously been deeply infiltrated.  The exhibit I would use for this line of thinking would be this recent thread from this very site:

http://www.fisheaters.com/forums/index.p...=3473781.0

I'm not advocating violence but, hey, even St. Nicholas punched a heretic.  Perhaps a little walking would help flush out the some of the negative things that are festering within or at least call greater attention to them. What could possibly happen? Would they deny us communion? They won't even do that for obvious sinners.
I think that most of the criticism that comes against the Holy Father comes from people who take what he says out of context. These people who do most of the criticizing and complaining are people who should know better.
(03-06-2017, 01:31 AM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]I think that most of the criticism that comes against the Holy Father comes from people who take what he says out of context. These people who do most of the criticizing and complaining are people who should know better.

It could be taken out of context or poor translations, both have happened. But it seems that many times he means just what he says.  He promotes people within who are very liberal. Poche are you saying that no matter what Pope Francis does that he is beyond reproach and his errors should not be recognized or at the very least the laity should just keep quiet? Please explain it to me, sincerely.

How can we explain the sentiments of Bishop Gracida in this interview:

My point is they are men and they can be wrong. They sin like we all do and ignore the promptings of their better angels just like anyone else. When you throw in the mix the amount of outside interference that has taken place it is hard not to say something.  Or is George Soros and his ilk the only ones entitled to influence this church?

I think we are trained to be loyal-no-matter-what to the Holy Father and through much of history (not all) and even the present (most definitely not all) that is reasonable. That said it's hard to modulate that training for a, God help me, a bad pope. Time will tell the real story.  More than likely and sadly we might not be around for the fruits of what he is sowing here but our children will (although he does seem to move very quickly).  This is much like what happened with Vatican II. Many traditionalist look back and say "how could they?" "why didn't anyone say anything?" etc.  Hopefully the future will not say so of us.
one thing that has been brought home to me recently is how much our priests stand to loose if they come out publically against the pope.
How many of us would take a priest into our homes and provide them with everything that is needed if they are turned out of the Church?

It's been a while since we've seen persecution on the level that it will get to against the faithful remnant before all of this is over.
but we know from  mentioned prophecies that it will happen., and that the remnant will be protected.
(03-06-2017, 01:31 AM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]I think that most of the criticism that comes against the Holy Father comes from people who take what he says out of context. These people who do most of the criticizing and complaining are people who should know better.
The out of context may have worked the first year or so, but it's gotten to the point where it's no longer "out of context" when he consistently makes statements that are against long standing Traditions of the Church.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/they-...-heres-how
http://remnantnewspaper.com/web/index.ph...rcy-begins
http://remnantnewspaper.com/web/index.ph...pe-francis
http://www.ncregister.com/blog/edward-pe...s-laetitia
http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2016/11...eider.html

Those are some of the best summaries. I'm sure we could find article after article of dubious things.
(03-06-2017, 12:52 PM)Pdudgeon Wrote: [ -> ]one thing that has been brought home to me recently is how much our priests stand to loose if they come out publically against the pope.
How many of us would take a priest into our homes and provide them with everything that is needed if they are turned out of the Church?

It's been a while since we've seen persecution on the level that it will get to against the faithful remnant before all of this is over.
but we know from  mentioned prophecies that it will happen., and that the remnant will be protected.

I too have thought about this a lot.  Recently I spoke to a priest who had told me of the state of many of the rectories and churches in our diocese. Imagine large rectories with one or two priests living there, large infrastructures that are neglected simply because there really is no one to care for them or the funds are lacking.  If this happens even in the five boroughs of NYC I would imagine it's worse elsewhere. Given that information I would imagine it is much cheaper to house a priest in an apartment or small house than pay for the upkeep of some of these buildings.

If you want to know what could happen if the clergy go against the pope look no further than Cardinal Burke, Cardinal Sarah, and I cannot find the article but there was a priest (Mexican I believe) who was challenging Amoris Laetitia and he was put on leave.  Also consider the appointments he's made; Cardinal Cupich as one example.

PS:Thank you GangGreen for the information.