FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Question on Consecration to Mary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a question on the Consecration to Jesus through Mary Devotion, as you may know the Consecration must be renewed every year, but here's my question:

If I wanted to renew it but for a different date then what I originally consecrated myself for, do I have to do the 12 preliminary days over, or just keep the 33 days but on the new day?

I consecrated myself on the Feast of the Assumption but my birthday falls on the Nativity of Mary, I don't know why I didn't just let it be on my birthday - since I only share the date in common with her.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

(03-05-2017, 10:07 PM)Jimbo89 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question on the Consecration to Jesus through Mary Devotion, as you may know the Consecration must be renewed every year, but here's my question:

If I wanted to renew it but for a different date then what I originally consecrated myself for, do I have to do the 12 preliminary days over, or just keep the 33 days but on the new day?

Just change the date of renewal, and prepare the 33 days before.  I'm sure she would want that.
:)

I've done the Consecration, and that's what I would do if I wanted or needed to change the date.
What Miriam said, but I'm confused. The 12 'preliminary days' are part of the 33 day preparation that St Louis-Marie teaches. However, I'm think of changing my Renewal from the Presentation of the BVM in November to OL of Mt Carmel's Feast in July, since I'm a Carmelite Tertiary.
When I made my consecration to the Blessed Virgin it was in perpetuity.
(03-06-2017, 01:28 AM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]When I made my consecration to the Blessed Virgin it was in perpetuity.
Was it the de Montfort Consecration? Because St Louis-Marie says in TD:

Quote: St Louis -Marie de Montfort]233. Every year at least, on the same date, they should renew the consecration following the same exercises for three weeks. They might also renew it every month or even every day by saying this short prayer: "I am all yours and all I have is yours, O dear Jesus, through Mary, your holy Mother."

But, I don't think he'd mind if we renew it early on another Marian Feast.
The Marian consecration is not some legal contract, the reconsecration is simply a reminder like renewing your baptismal vows. Do it however you think will aid you spiritually. Our lady won't disown you for choosing another date.
I thought so. ^

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk