FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: SSPX Communities and Homeschooling vs Their Schools
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks, two questions for any of you who do or have lived in an SSPX community with an SSPX school:

1) Is there social pressure in these communities to send your children to SSPX schools instead of homeschooling them?

We're considering moving somewhere with a society presence (St. Marys, Kansas City, Post Falls, etc, I run an online business so literally anywhere is fine) but we've always planned on and been excited about homeschooling for the early years (approx K-7 or so).

If we move to one of these places for the sake of the community/parish, would there be pressure to stop homeschooling?

2) Do you know of any specific SSPX communities where a lot of the faithful homeschool?

Thanks!
There is St. Vincent de Paul in Kansas City. They do have an academy, but people often drive a considerable distance to go there, so I am sure there are many homeschoolers who attend there as well. I also know that many people who attend Mass at one of the diocesan (traditional), FSSP, or ICRSS Masses also homeschool.
(03-06-2017, 12:27 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote: [ -> ]There is St. Vincent de Paul in Kansas City. They do have an academy, but people often drive a considerable distance to go there, so I am sure there are many homeschoolers who attend there as well. I also know that many people who attend Mass at one of the diocesan (traditional), FSSP, or ICRSS Masses also homeschool.

Thanks for that, Credidi.  :)