FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Papal Buyer’s Remorse (Church Militant)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Church Militant is now speaking out about the pontificate of Francis.

"A pontificate on the verge of crisis

A respected Vaticanista recently reported that a group of liberal cardinals who helped get Pope Francis elected are now experiencing buyer's remorse.

"A large part of the cardinals who voted for him is very worried, and the curia ... that organized his election and has accompanied him thus far, without ever disassociating itself from him, is cultivating the idea of a moral suasion to convince him to retire," claimed Antonio Socci in the Italian paper Libero."

More here:

http://www.churchmilitant.com/news/artic...rs-remorse

Edited by Vox to remove "The Download" before the rest of the subject line. Most won't know what "The Download" is and might come to expect some sort of file attachment or something -- i.e., something to download.
Only taken them about 3-3.5 years later than everyone else to start talking about it.

I can't watch the full episode, but it doesn't sound very much like they're saying anything besides what's been reported. Do they give any additional opinions about this?
(03-07-2017, 05:55 PM)GangGreen Wrote: [ -> ]Only taken them about 3-3.5 years later than everyone else to start talking about it.
Some groups have only begun voicing their concern much more recently, trying to give him the benefit of the doubt as long as possible. I think that's fair. He is the Pope, after all. But I think at this point, people are beginning to realize that this pontificate is rapidly spiraling out of control and something has to be done.
(03-07-2017, 05:57 PM)In His Love Wrote: [ -> ]Some groups have only begun voicing their concern much more recently, trying to give him the benefit of the doubt as long as possible. I think that's fair. He is the Pope, after all. But I think at this point, people are beginning to realize that this pontificate is rapidly spiraling out of control and something has to be done.

Even Popes can be criticized -- and should be if they are harming the Faith and harming souls. Francis should've been called out long ago.

I'm seeing a LOT of very open criticism in places I never would've seen it even a handful of years ago. Comments left under articles at Lifesite, NCRegister -- sites that are generally seen as non-contentious and more conservative than trad -- are becoming full of doubt, (righteous) anger, frustration, and all sorts of other things trads have been expressing for forever now. It's very interesting. And healthy. If such talk weren't going on, I'd be worried! But it's good to see that at least some people are waking UP, getting straight about the true powers, duties, and limitations of the papacy, and are defending the Faith.

Now is the time to double down on encouraging people to "go trad," I'm telling you! I so hope all you Fishies out there join in some of those discussions and point people toward FE, especially this page:  http://www.fisheaters.com/traditionalcatholicism.html
what i'm wondering is if these Cardinal electors haven't discovered that the tame pet dog they thought they were electing has turned out
to be a multi-headed beast that could turn on them.
What I find interesting is how it's not the renowned conservatives doing this, but mostly progressives.