FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Italian Archbishop: Benedict XVI resigned due to tremendous pressure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I keep telling people this on another forum but they dont believe me.

Now the archbishop is saying it... will they believe him... i doubt it.

If pope benedict was forced to resign under duress this alone means he is still pope

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/italia...s-pressure
It certainly is interesting. It could very well be that Benedict XVI is still the true Pope (in an exile of sorts) and Francis is an anti-pope. It could serve to expose all of the heretics and invalidate everything they've done once the truth comes out. At least let's hope so. Either way, this only works as long as Benedict is alive. We'll see what happens.
if for no other reason, the last Pope has to be alive when Christ comes back to hand over the keys to the Church.
An anti pope does not automatically become the true pope once the true pope dies. Rather he remains an anti pope until a valid election of a true pope.

This story about the archbishop is only one implication that francis is an antipope.

Have you read pope benedict xvi final address? There are implications in that address that suggest pope benedict intends to remain as pope.

Then there is the cardinal electors making a pact prior to the 2013 conclave to elect francis with bergoglios approval contary to the rules set out in U.D.G 81 The penalty of which is automatic excommunication of all concerned including bergoglio as he was compllicit with the conspiracy.

Benedict remaining in white keeping all the titles of the pontiff while francis takes only "bishop of rome" all popes names are written in latin including pope benedicts where francis is the only one in italian. The way benedict "had" to be present at the opening of the holy doors at the begining of the year of mercy. The way the new cardinals appointed by francis "had" to be taken to benedict to recieve his "blessing"

Francis travels the world using his argentinian passport under his own name and not as the vicar of christ and the world lauds him... remainds me of the words of our saviour

"I have come in my Father's name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him."
(03-08-2017, 10:51 AM)Pdudgeon Wrote: [ -> ]if for no other reason, the last Pope has to be alive when Christ comes back to hand over the keys to the Church.

Hey Pam nice to see you  :)

Freedom is nice thanks for reccomending fisheaters to me.
If Benedict dies before Francis then there would be a sede vacante at least until Francis dies (or resigns) and another pope is chosen. Although it seems that there have been periods of multiple years of sede vecante in the past. It could get quite messy in any respect.
(03-08-2017, 09:09 AM)Mea Kulpa Wrote: [ -> ]If pope benedict was forced to resign under duress this alone means he is still pope

No, it does not. The consistent teaching of the Church is that the "universal and peaceful acceptance" by the Church of a new Pope is an infallible sign that he is the true Pope, even if there was a canonical defect in his election. 
                                                    I've always believed this was the reason http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/25/world/euro...p-resigns/ . I'll try to find the article, but I remember also at this time, a homosexual activist group saying that if the Vatican didn't tone down it's homophobia that they were going to out a number of priests and high ranking clerics very soon. Next thing you know, Benedict resigns and "Who Am I To Judge" becomes the unofficial 11th Commandment.
(03-08-2017, 12:28 PM)Eric F Wrote: [ -> ]                                                    I've always believed this was the reason http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/25/world/euro...p-resigns/ . I'll try to find the article, but I remember also at this time, a homosexual activist group saying that if the Vatican didn't tone down it's homophobia that they were going to out a number of priests and high ranking clerics very soon. Next thing you know, Benedict resigns and "Who Am I To Judge" becomes the unofficial 11th Commandment.

You know i think i remember that. It certainly rings a bell

(03-08-2017, 11:52 AM)Dave01 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2017, 09:09 AM)Mea Kulpa Wrote: [ -> ]If pope benedict was forced to resign under duress this alone means he is still pope

No, it does not. The consistent teaching of the Church is that the "universal and peaceful acceptance" by the Church of a new Pope is an infallible sign that he is the true Pope, even if there was a canonical defect in his election. 

Well thats hasnt happened either

But the pope has to resign of his own free will with out coerrsion or pressure for his resignation to be valid...it seems that was not the case
This appears to contradict what Benedict has written in his most recent book/interview where he clearly states it was his choice to resign and did so for health/energy reasons.
Pages: 1 2