FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Our Lady of Knock and the Opening of the Sealed Book
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My personal favorite Marian Apparition sites are Lourdes, Fatima, Betania, Akita, La Sallete, Knock and Kibeho. This article is a rather nice one as regards Knock.

BTW: Maria Espernaza, of the Betania Apparitions, was once asked if the USA would be involved in WWIII. Her answer has always stuck with me (and she has been very accurate in her predictions, even with 9/11), that the US would be too involved in internal problems relating the severe natural disasters nationwide, that would come upon us suddenly and in frequency.

http://unveilingtheapocalypse.blogspot.c...ealed.html

Friday, 17 March 2017
Our Lady of Knock and the Opening of the Sealed Book

In the new edition of my book Unveiling the Apocalypse: The Final Passover of the Church, I attempt to show how the apparitions which took place at Knock, in County Mayo in Ireland in 1879, were intended to announce the opening of the scroll sealed with seven seals described in the Apocalypse. During these apparitions, the Blessed Virgin appeared alongside the Lamb of Revelation, together with St. Joseph and St. John. The presence of the author of the Book of Revelation together with Christ in the form of the Lamb of God gives us a strong connotation that this apparition is apocalyptic in character, and that it was chiefly concerned with the opening of the scroll sealed with seven seals described in Rev 5:

Then I saw in the right hand of him who was seated on the throne a scroll written within and on the back, sealed with seven seals. And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming with a loud voice, “Who is worthy to open the scroll and break its seals?” And no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll or to look into it, and I began to weep loudly because no one was found worthy to open the scroll or to look into it. And one of the elders said to me, “Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered, so that he can open the scroll and its seven seals.” (Rev 5:1-5)

Later in the Apocalypse, we are told that the scroll of the seven seals was given to St. John the Apostle so that he could consume the Word of God:

Then the voice that I had heard from heaven spoke to me again, saying, “Go, take the scroll that is open in the hand of the angel who is standing on the sea and on the land.” So I went to the angel and told him to give me the little scroll. And he said to me, “Take and eat it; it will make your stomach bitter, but in your mouth it will be sweet as honey.” And I took the little scroll from the hand of the angel and ate it. It was sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it my stomach was made bitter. And I was told, “You must again prophesy about many peoples and nations and languages and kings.”  (Rev 10:8-11)

One of the eyewitnesses to the Knock apparition, Mary Byrne, had described St. John as holding an open book in his hands during this vision:

The figure before me on this present occasion of which I am speaking had a book in the left hand, as I stated, and the index finger and the middle finger of the right hand raised, as if he were speaking, and impressing some point forcibly on an audience. It was this coincidence of figure and pose that made me surmise, for it is only an opinion, that the third figure was that of St. John, the beloved disciple of Our Lord…

Therefore the theme of the opening of the scroll sealed with seven seals is a predominant feature of the Knock apparition, and the entire symbolism of this vision must be understood within this context. In my book, I argue that the opening of the scroll of the seven seals described in the Apocalypse is synonymous with the unbinding of Satan at the end of the “thousand years” described in Rev 20, and that the appearance of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse during the opening of the sealed book was directly related to the “wars and rumours of wars” mentioned in the Olivet discourse, which Christ said must take place before His Second Coming. So the Knock apparition appears to be intimately connected to the vision of Pope Leo XIII, wherein the Holy Father was made to understand that Satan was to be granted a period of greater power. A period which not only encompassed the turmoil of the 20th century, but which was also marked by one of the most remarkable events in Church history – the apparitions of Our Lady of Fatima and the occurrence of the Miracle of the Sun.

On the exact same day of the Knock apparition, on Aug 21st, 1879, Pope Leo XIII had granted a canonical coronation of the icon at the Basilica of Our Lady of La Salette, which was solemnly performed by the Cardinal Archbishop of Paris, Joseph-Hippolyte Guibert, who acted as Papal legate. This coronation took place 33 years after the apparition of Our Lady of La Salette in 1846. So while the icon of Our Lady of was being formally crowned at La Salette, Our Lady of Knock (who is recognized by the Irish as Queen of Ireland) appeared together with the Lamb of Revelation in order to announce the opening of the scroll sealed with seven seals.

But what exactly is the bridging connection between the apparitions of Our Lady of Our Lady at La Salette and those at Knock? The reason the Blessed Virgin decided to appear in County Mayo during this canonical coronation appears to directly linked with the public message Our Lady gave to Melanie Calvat and Maximin Giraurd at La Salette, which foretold the Potato Famine that would have devastating consequences for the population of Ireland:

Come near, my children, be not afraid; I am here to tell you great news.
If my people will not submit, I shall be forced to let fall the arm of my Son. It is so strong, so heavy, that I can no longer withhold it. For how long a time do I suffer for you! If I would not have my Son abandon you, I am compelled to pray to him without ceasing; and as to you, you take not heed of it.
However much you pray, however much you do, you will never recompense the pains I have taken for you. Six days I have given you to labor, the seventh I had kept for myself; and they will not give it to me. It is this which makes the arm of my Son so heavy. Those who drive the carts cannot swear without introducing the name of my Son. These are the two things which makes the arm of my Son so heavy.
If the harvest is spoilt, it is all on your account. I gave you warning last year with the potatoes but you did not heed it. On the contrary, when you found the potatoes spoilt, you swore, you took the name of my Son in vain. They will continue to decay, so that by Christmas there will be none left. Ah, my children, do you not understand? Well, wait, I shall say it otherwise.
If you have wheat, it is no good to sow it; all you sow the insects will eat, and what comes up will fall into dust when you thresh it. There will come a great famine. Before the famine comes, the children under seven years of age will be seized with trembling and will die in the hands of those who hold them; the others will do penance by the famine. The walnuts will become bad, and the grapes will rot.

[Here the two private messages were given to Mélanie and Maximin.]

If they are converted, the stones and rocks will change into mounds of wheat, and the potatoes will be self-sown in the land.

The Blessed Virgin has appeared to mark some of the most notorious instances of genocide in history, most notably those at Fatima, which coincided with the rise of Soviet Communism and the countless deaths that would ensue under militant atheism. Her appearances at Beauraing and Banneux in 1933 had coincided with the rise to power of Adolf Hitler, while those at Kibeho in 1981 augured the Rwandan Genocide. The apparitions of Our Lady at Zeitoun in Egypt in 1968 were similarly related to the modern day “slaughter of the innocents” in the holocaust of abortion. So Our Lady had appeared at Knock in order to mark the atrocity that was perpetrated against the Catholics of Ireland by the British Government, who exploited the events of the Famine as a means of kerbing the growth of the Irish population, in much the same way the Soviets had used the Holodomor to deplete the population of ethnic Ukrainians.

When we turn back to the opening of the scroll of the seven seals, we find that the theme of St. John being urged to eat the little scroll is rooted in the Book of Ezekiel:

“But you, son of man, hear what I say to you. Be not rebellious like that rebellious house; open your mouth and eat what I give you.” And when I looked, behold, a hand was stretched out to me, and behold, a scroll of a book was in it. And he spread it before me. And it had writing on the front and on the back, and there were written on it words of lamentation and mourning and woe.
And he said to me, “Son of man, eat whatever you find here. Eat this scroll, and go, speak to the house of Israel.” So I opened my mouth, and he gave me this scroll to eat. And he said to me, “Son of man, feed your belly with this scroll that I give you and fill your stomach with it.” Then I ate it, and it was in my mouth as sweet as honey. And he said to me, “Son of man, go to the house of Israel and speak with my words to them." (Ezek 2:19-3:4)

The Prophet Ezekiel was similarly commanded to eat a scroll containing the Word of God when he was commissioned to prophesy to the people of Israel, warning them of their fate. Immediately after Ezekiel eats the little scroll, he was then taken to the exiles at the Chebar Canal:

Then the Spirit lifted me up, and I heard behind me the voice of a great earthquake: “Blessed be the glory of the Lord from its place!” It was the sound of the wings of the living creatures as they touched one another, and the sound of the wheels beside them, and the sound of a great earthquake. The Spirit lifted me up and took me away, and I went in bitterness in the heat of my spirit, the hand of the Lord being strong upon me. And I came to the exiles at Tel-abib, who were dwelling by the Chebar canal, and I sat where they were dwelling. And I sat there overwhelmed among them seven days. (Ezek 3:12-15)

The Chebar Canal is a location found along the River Euphrates, where Ezekiel was granted his vision of the Four Living Creatures in Ezek 1 – the four cherubim who restrain the appearance of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse until the opening of the seven seals. As I show in the book, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are one and the same as the “four angels bound at the great river Euphrates” mentioned in Rev 9, who are released to kill a third of “the people” (i.e. a third of the world’s Jewish population during the Holocaust):

Then the sixth angel blew his trumpet, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar before God, saying to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, “Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates.” So the four angels, who had been prepared for the hour, the day, the month, and the year, were released to kill a third of [the people]. (Rev 9:13-15)

We are told that the four angels bound at the Euphrates are released after the appearance of the other signs which herald the unbinding of Satan at the end of the “thousand years” – the star falling to earth with the keys to the abyss and the rise of the apocalyptic locusts (which I argue refers to the Tunguska event and the invention of military airplanes). The Prophet Ezekiel was shown a vision of the Four Living creatures who restrain these fallen angelic beings at the Chebar Canal, which has been idenfied with the Khabur River in modern Syria - one of the largest tributaries to the River Euphrates. The exact spot where the Khabur River flows into the Euphrates lies at the site of Deir ez-Zor, which was the major concentration camp used by the Turkish government during the Armenian Genocide, which began in 1915. As I detail in Unveiling the Apocalypse: The Final Passover of the Church, it was the Armenian Genocide that the provided the Nazis with the template for perpetrating the Jewish Holocaust, when a third of the world's total Jewish population was exterminated by Nazi Germany.

Another link between the Jewish Holocaust and the appearance of Our Lady at Knock can be found in the fact that the apparitions took place at around the same time of the discovery and subsequent excavation of the Pergamon Altar in 1879 – which is the “throne of Satan” described in Rev 2:12-13. The Pergamon Altar was first erected in Berlin at the turn of the century, in 1900 – at the very beginning of the period of Satan’s greater power.

It thus seems to be of great significance that the upcoming total solar eclipse that will traverse America later this year takes place on the feast day of Our Lady of Knock, on 21st August, 2017. As I attempt to elaborate in the previous post, The Sign of Jonah and the Binding of Satan, another of the signs which heralded the beginning of the short time of Satan occurred on the feast day of Our Lady of Knock. The path of totality of the solar eclipse of 21st August, 1914 made its way across war-torn eastern Europe before crossing the site of ancient Nineveh. This was especially significant in the fact that there is evidence to suggest that the original “sign of Jonah” took the form of the Bur Sagle eclipse over Nineveh in 763BC, and that Christ had made His prophecy about the sign of Jonah in the immediate context of the binding of Satan.

The proximity of the August 21st solar eclipse in relation to the so-called “Rev 12 sign” that will take place later this year on 23rd September, 2017, gives us pause for thought. This date marks the culmination of an astronomical event which began on 20th November 20, 2016, when Jupiter (the King planet) entered into the body of the constellation Virgo. This date, which commemorated the feast of Christ the King, also saw the Polish Church and government officially proclaim Christ as King of Poland at the end of the Year of Mercy, styled after the canonical coronation of the Black Madonna of Częstochowa as Queen of Poland.

Due its retrograde motion, Jupiter will spend 9 ½ months within the “womb” of Virgo, until 23rd September, after which it will then be “birthed” by exiting with the Sun rising directly behind the constellation Virgo, with the Moon laying at its feet and a crown of twelve stars (the nine stars of the constellation Leo together with the planets Mercury, Venus and Mars).

If the American eclipse of 21st August, 2017 is indeed part of a “sign of Jonah” sequence related to this event, serving as a prophetic warning to the people of America, it is tempting to place it in relation to the words of the Prophet Jonah himself:

Then the word of the Lord came to Jonah a second time: “Go to the great city of Nineveh and proclaim to it the message I give you.” Jonah obeyed the word of the Lord and went to Nineveh. Now Nineveh was a very large city; it took three days to go through it. Jonah began by going a day’s journey into the city, proclaiming, “Forty more days and Nineveh will be overthrown.” The Ninevites believed God. A fast was proclaimed, and all of them, from the greatest to the least, put on sackcloth. (Jon 3:1-5)

It appears that the Ninevites only believed in Jonah’s prophecy of doom after the appearance of the Bur Sagle Eclipse. So, it will be interesting to see if anything happens around the time of the 21st August solar eclipse to act as a call to repentance for America. It is worth pointing out that exactly 40 days after the date of 21st August brings us up to the Feast of St. Michael the Archangel on 29th September, 2017, which coincides this year with the Jewish feast of Yom Kippur – the Day of Atonement. According to Jewish tradition, Yom Kippur is the date when the verdict of judgement against a person is sealed at the close of the year, after the opening of the Book of Life takes place at the beginning of the year, on Rosh Hashanah.

The feast of Yom Kippur also happens to be one of the central features of the Third Secret of Fatima, which describes two angels gathering up the blood of the martyrs and sprinkling it on the souls of those making their way to heaven. This imagery explicitly evokes the sprinkling of the sacrificial blood on the Mercy Seat of the Ark of the Covenant by the Jewish High Priest on the Feast of Yom Kippur, as is detailed in the Book of Leviticus:

And he shall take some of the blood of the bull and sprinkle it with his finger on the front of the mercy seat on the east side, and in front of the mercy seat he shall sprinkle some of the blood with his finger seven times. Then he shall kill the goat of the sin offering that is for the people and bring its blood inside the veil and do with its blood as he did with the blood of the bull, sprinkling it over the mercy seat and in front of the mercy seat. Thus he shall make atonement for the Holy Place, because of the uncleannesses of the people of Israel and because of their transgressions, all their sins.
(Lev 16:14-16)

After the two parts which I have already explained, at the left of Our Lady and a little above, we saw an Angel with a flaming sword in his left hand; flashing, it gave out flames that looked as though they would set the world on fire; but they died out in contact with the splendour that Our Lady radiated towards him from her right hand: pointing to the earth with his right hand, the Angel cried out in a loud voice: 'Penance, Penance, Penance!'. And we saw in an immense light that is God: 'something similar to how people appear in a mirror when they pass in front of it' a Bishop dressed in White 'we had the impression that it was the Holy Father'. Other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious going up a steep mountain, at the top of which there was a big Cross of rough-hewn trunks as of a cork-tree with the bark; before reaching there the Holy Father passed through a big city half in ruins and half trembling with halting step, afflicted with pain and sorrow, he prayed for the souls of the corpses he met on his way; having reached the top of the mountain, on his knees at the foot of the big Cross he was killed by a group of soldiers who fired bullets and arrows at him, and in the same way there died one after another the other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious, and various lay people of different ranks and positions. Beneath the two arms of the Cross there were two Angels each with a crystal aspersorium in his hand, in which they gathered up the blood of the Martyrs and with it sprinkled the souls that were making their way to God.
Tuy-3-1-1944.(The Third Secret of Fatima)

So not only does the feast of Yom Kippur occur exactly 40 days after the “sign of Jonah” eclipse on 21st August, 2017, but it also occurs on the Feast of St. Michael – the angel with the flaming sword seen in the Third Secret of Fatima. Could something of prophetic importance transpire around these dates just before the centenary of the Miracle of the Sun on 13th October, 2017? It is tempting to think so, given the apparent sensus fidelium that appears to have been arrived at concerning the significance of the centenary of the apparitions of Our Lady of Fatima. Especially when we take the various other accompanying “signs” that appear to be settling around these dates.
I'm not sure about the rest of it...I don't usually pay much attention to apocalyptic interpretations of apparitions and prophecy, but the fact that St. John and the Lamb of God appeared together is an aspect of Knock I hadn't ever given much thought to.

I decided to become Catholic at Knock. My family is historically Catholic, but my parents are not practicing and I was not baptized as a child. I visited Knock when I was 18 and I was awestruck by it. The basilica is certainly not the most beautiful, and even the old church is rather plain and ordinary, though it is pretty like most old churches.  But there was a numinous and peaceful feeling that I have felt on every subsequent visit to Knock as well. Although I was baptized and confirmed almost a year later in California, Knock is where I converted in my heart.
I too Zedta and Optatus Cleary have had an interest in Knock since I was a boy in the 1950s. My sister suffered from St Vitus Dance and my parents took her to Knock. She came home cured, all shaking and sickness gone.

Many years later I met a man who with others did a study of Knock and came up with another version with the same conclusion, the Vision was predicting the future, one we now know has come to pass. For any interested here is his version of it I wrote up many years ago.

[Image: 2aipkzp.jpg]

La Salette and Knock
As interpreted by a friend with some additions.

Heaven’s awareness of the freemasonic revolution against Christ was made known first to a French nun Sister Marie de St Pierre (1816-1848) and then by her request at La Salette in France on Sept. 19, 1846, where a crowned Mother of God appeared to two children. Among the most poignant messages was that: ‘Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the Antichrist.’ Three popes, Pius IX, Leo XIII and Pius X, approved this apparition, but the message was met with furious opposition from many bishops. It seems the Masons and some Masonic-controlled clergy already ensconced in the Church, must not have wanted any such revelations to be taken seriously.
    Thirty-three years after the apparition, on 20th August 1879, a basilica at La Salette was consecrated, and the following day, August 21st, the Archbishop of Paris in France (representing the Melchisedech Priesthood and Melchisedech Kingship) crowned the statue of the Virgin of La Salette according to the prescription of the sacred Congregation of Rites. Heaven’s awareness, it seems, was given new impetus.
    On the same day as this coronation, 21st August 1879, as only heaven can co-ordinate, there occurred an active but silent apparition at Knock, a small town of Connaught in the west of Ireland (as in ‘To Hell or to Connaught’ – Oliver Cromwell).  On a miserable wet night, outside the gable-end of the church of St John the Baptist, ‘dedicated to all the nations of the world’, there appeared a sight that included Saint John the Evangelist (Powers-Priesthood-Tiara), The Virgin Mary, St Joseph (Powers-Priesthood-Tiara), and the Lamb on an altar (Holy Sacrifice of the Mass) surrounded by angels, all bathed in a wondrous light. The figures, which stood a few feet off the ground, showed St Joseph - his head bowed, glancing sideways, isolated and separated by a mysterious black line noticed by at least one witness, and Mary, wearing a crown as in La Salette (Principalities-Thrones) but separated from the lamb on the altar by St John in full Mass vestments, with a book (the same book represented on the Masonic ‘Point Within a Circle’?) in one hand while gesturing in a preaching stance with the other. 

The apparition at Knock cannot be interpreted by theological norms. Its purpose is allegorical, coming as it did in the wake of the attack on the principalities of Christendom, and the Papal States - by then replaced by Masonic republics, democracies etc - all now under the sole protection of Mary in heaven; and on the same day both Powers crowned the statue of Our Lady of Salette, and involving as it did so prominently both St Johns, it is clearly Melchisedech and Johannine. The message of Knock therefore, is for Freemasons, showing them that heaven is aware of the state of the world and the state of the Melchisedech war.

In retrospect, whereas Knock would be established as a Marian shrine to allay serious interpretation, we see the apparition as a warning of the final assault on the Melchisedech priesthood and traditional Mass, which happened at Vatican II (begun from within the Church by a pope who had to be named John) , both almost eliminated worldwide by the end of the twentieth century.
    Be aware also that here at la Salette and Knock, the latter witnessed by so many people of all ages and dispositions, the master conspiracy is confirmed, and the enemy, the Johannites, identified for those who want to see. The place of Knock has to be one of the most important shrines in the world, and given the new religion practiced by the authorities in Rome and Knock itself today, the apparition’s symbolism may well be the only spiritual refuge left in a Masonic-controlled world for any adept that may be converted by the grace of God.

Of profound importance in Pike’s revelations is the reference to the Johannites and the fact that by then, 1870, the ‘Order that has existed for centuries in despite of its anathemas, has its Sanctuaries and Asyla even in Rome.’ We need to know that the entire profane religion of freemasonry is built on the great truth of esoteric Catholicism is termed Johannism, they having chosen St John the Baptist and St John The Evangelist as the patron saints of freemasonry.
    The Biblical Apocalypse tells of the snatching of divine fecundity by the dragon as the mystic issue is born at the foot of the cross. This then is why the Gnostic-Illuminati chose the two St Johns to profane among all the saints? The probable reason is to arrogate to themselves symbolically the divine fecundating power of St John in his baptism and that preserved alive in St John (and Mary) between Calvary and Pentecost, a fecundating or generation power impossible to Lucifer.

THE VISION

On the evening of 21 August 1879, the very same day that Our Lady of La Salette is crowned and the basilica is consecrated (see window picture above), there occurred an active but silent (i.e., the figures were speaking but could not be heard) vision at Knock, a small town of Connaught in the west of Ireland. On a miserable wet night, outside the gable-end of the church of St John the Baptist, ‘dedicated to all the nations of the world,’ there appeared a vision which included St Joseph, the Virgin Mary, St John the Evangelist and the Lamb on an altar, it of course representing Christ and the Sacrifice. The figures, which stood a few feet off the ground, showed St John superimposed between Mary and the Lamb, holding a Roman missal (now redundant) or book (of Revelation?) in one hand while gesturing in a preaching stance with the other. St Joseph, with his head bowed and glancing sideways, was isolated, separated by a mysterious black line, noticed only by a few of the selected observers. As you can see, a reading of the vision or message can only be attempted in an allegorical sense. Thus a considerable amount of research of the place and its history is needed to begin to try to interpret the happening.
    In the first place the silence of the vision might be accounted for by the fact that the traditional means of communication between God and His people is through the hierarchy of God, Pope, kings, down to their subjects. Given this mode of communication ended with the absence of all kingdoms in the royal boxes at Vatican I; with the exception of Portugal, and the capitulation of Principalities by the pope to freemasonry by raising the white flag of surrender in 1870, 40 years after Our Lady predicted the date in her message to St Catherine Laboure in 1830, there could now be no public communication via the usual mode of speech. This interpretation is not affected by the fact that in 1917 there was such a divine intervention, for Fatima is in Portugal, the last remaining kingdom present at Vatican I. Now there may be some who would contend that the endless series of ‘Marian’ visions at Medjugorje shows this assertion to be untrue. But Medjugorje of the ‘lying wonders’ is not Catholic and therefore is not from heaven, but from the think-tank in hell. The ‘visions’ at Medjugorje, if true, allegedly began on the masonic hour on the feast of St. John the Evangelist, the adopted patron of freemasonry with its passion for symbols. Satan, we know, or should know, will do whatever it takes to spread relevant error. In this case he has attracted millions of Catholics (and many non-Catholics) to this place, gets them on their knees praying, confessing, fasting or whatever, and then delivers to them a large slice of false freemasonic democracy, ecumenism and error. Documented evidence, as well as personal conversation with some that regularly went there and who found this out for themselves, has convinced us that there is on offer here from ‘the Virgin,’ the hoary old freemasonic idea that all religions must be moulded into one universal religion, the ‘all roads lead to heaven’ belief, for we all supposedly have the same God. In other words there is a rejection here of the dogma that there is no salvation outside the Catholic Church. This ideology of course flies in the face of Fatima where Our Lady called for prayers for the conversion of all sinners. With God there cannot be any contradictions, and therefore all Catholics must reject them. The popularity of this place, with its daily contact to heaven and its seductive nature according to the new order of Vatican II, is however enough to convince most to turn a blind eye to its heretical promulgations and all that supposedly goes on there. Such is the art of satanic deceit.   
    We know that it was the Galatians who were advised that if an angel from heaven should preach a different gospel to that which they had been taught, to reject it (Gal 1:8). We also know that the only place where the word allegory is mentioned in Scripture is in St Paul’s Letter to the Galatians, ‘things are said by an allegory’ (Gal. 4:24). These were a people who could recognise and interpret allegory, a form of exegesis thrown out by Martin Luther and one that is hardly ever found among modern Catholics. Scholars on the origin of European peoples tell us that the last of the true ‘Catholic’ Galatians (Celts) had emigrated to Ireland and that Oliver Cromwell, with his infamous order ‘To hell or to Connaught’ forced the last of these into the west of Ireland during the seventeenth century. Cromwell, that Satanist who conquered in the name of God, was the first to deliberately usurp the divine right of the king by executing him and replacing him with the freemasonic ‘democracy’ born out of the Protestant Reformation. Cromwell, who committed untold atrocities against the Catholic Irish, was a champion of what he called ‘religious liberty,’ but this liberty did not include traditional Catholicism and certainly not the traditional Latin Mass, a policy identical with that pertaining within the Roman curia after Vatican II. In response the Catholic Ecclesiastical Congregation of the Kingdom of Ireland met at Clonmacnoise on the 4th of December 1649, and issued a Motu Proprio, warning Catholics not to be deceived by those supposedly acting in the name of God.  Given the universal nature of a proprio motu and the fact that the Knock vision occurred at a church dedicated to ‘all the nations of the world,’ we can see a unique connection emerging between Knock and Clonmacnoise moto propio. The next step in trying to interpret the ‘message’ is to consider the significance of the figures involved and the positions or stances they take. St Joseph, also a ‘son of David,’ i.e., a Melchisedech priest (even though St Joseph never used his priesthood) - whose status was completed by divine Providence at Vatican I that made him Patron of the Universal Church - is isolated, almost ‘out of the picture’ so to speak, and this was confirmed when that black line was later revealed, separating the vision into two frames. The two St Johns are here, one because the church is in his name and the other because he is included in the apparition. These saints had a major role in setting up the greatest mystery of them all, the Church of Christ, and this is why freemasonry, the masters of imitation and symbols chose them as patrons when building their own temple to the natural son (and why the instigator of their ultimate victory against the Church, the spiritually unprotected pastoral council called Vatican II, had to be a Pope John, and a false prophet to boot,  for why else would any elect choose the name of an anti-pope of the past in Pope John XXIII. Unusual in any image of Mary and her Son is that in this case St. John separates them. The Virgin Mary wears the rose and crown of those Principalities now lost, while looking to heaven, pleading as she does to God to avert some pending punishment if men do not mend their ways. Isolated is the Lamb, representing the Sacrifice.

Now while the Church has never officially interpreted the apparition at Knock, the Freemasons, who know the state of the war far better than even the most learned Catholic, had their own image of things at that time.  As you can see in the Masonic illustration we provide, which has as its background one of its symbols of equilibrium, a balanced ladder, two of the serpent’s heads are held high, one with the sword and one with the kingly crowns, depicting their victory over the Christian kingdoms of the world for all to see. The third head however, with its papal tiara, is not yet held high, for it represents the priesthood, which, at the time, had not yet been undermined and usurped. The battle of Principalities and Powers had been only half won, but the serpent was already wearing the tiara in expectation. Could Knock then have a more important message to convey than that depicted by freemasonry? We doubt it. Attack the priesthood and one attacks the true Sacrifice, the sacraments, and most of the temporal conduits of grace, the very means of sustenance necessary for Christ’s faithful to hold the faith in every way. If heaven was trying to put us in touch with the signs of the times, this vision warned of the collapse of the second target of freemasonry, the battle of Powers, the priesthood of Melchisedech, and that this would be done by deceit, when the lamb that looks like the Lamb, will in fact be the dragon. This vision at Knock can be said to be a warning to all the nations of the world, ‘to undeceive those in their ungrounded hopes and expectations,’ as the Motu Proprio of 1649 said, that what may be done in the name of God is not always as it seems. Could any words better describe the situation that emerged at Vatican II and which is now present among Catholics worldwide? Cromwell, it is said, destroyed more beautiful things than any man before him. Here again we can draw an analogy between him and Vatican II, for it surpassed even Cromwell by destroying far more beautiful things throughout all Christendom. Leaving aside the traditional Latin Mass, all the old devotions, the teachings and prayers, the vestments, the priestly and nun’s habits and clerical cloths, we had in line with Cromwell a thing called ‘re-ordering,’ whereby they destroyed great cathedrals and parish churches, abandoned millions of sacramentals and books, and have not ceased their destruction yet, still selling off countless redundant convents, religious houses, and Church property. Looking back on the vision today we can now get a better understanding of its warning, for it has come to pass, the destruction of the true priesthood en masse.
    An allegorical interpretation of Knock can then be taken as a warning that the battle for the priesthood was imminent. Extrapolating backwards, signs of this final battle become manifest in the words of many men. In his book Pio Nono, (Pope Pius 1X -1846-1878), E.E.Y Hales quotes the Freemason Mazzoni aspiring to ‘a new consecration of external right; a third world arising upon the ruins of two worlds extinct.’ By this he meant the arising of a new world order in the wake of the other two great Empires, the Roman Empire and the Holy Roman Empire. Speaking to the priest Lamennais, a would-be reformer whom Mazzini had hoped to recruit, he said: -         

The condemnation of the Papacy is decreed, not by us, but by God, by God who now calls upon the People to arise and found a new unity, embracing the two spheres of temporal and spiritual power…In our epoch humanity will forsake the Pope, and have recourse to a General Council of the Church – that is to say – of all believers – a council which will be alike Council of the Church and Constituent Assembly…

Again we find the grand deception of Cromwell, well met by the Church of 1649, and repeated at Knock, to beware those enemies who say and do things in the name of God. And, you may ask, what did Mazzini mean by ‘all believers’?
Is there any evidence that the Galatians emigrated to Ireland?  I'm aware that they're Celts (Gaul...Gael...Galician...Galatian) but not that they are that closely connected to the Irish.

Incidentally, your post mentions Clonmacnoise. That's another place where I experienced a feeling of sorts. Not as intense as Knock and terribly different...a sort of "what might and should have been" kind of feeling.

I wonder if there's any significance to the shortness of St. John's mitre in the apparition. An attenuation of episcopal authority? A prediction of the shortage of priests, or the loss of "credibility" by bishops?  That could also be connected to the fact that they were talking but couldn't be heard...

My mom, who is not religious, credits Knock with a psychological cure. She touched the section of the original wall, and many of her anxieties about food safety abated. They aren't gone, but she is able to live a much more normal life now. And I've heard stories, from people who I trust, of more dramatic cures there. So whatever the message is, I am convinced of the authenticity and holiness of this apparition.
And just five years before the vision of Pope Leo XII where his Holiness heard a conversation between Our Lord and the Devil in regards to Lucifer needing more power over the next one hundred years to destroy the Church...