FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Lenten Reflection—Redemptive Suffering (Church Militant)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you for this.

Does anyone know of good sources that explain about saving other souls through uniting our sufferings with Jesus?

I have so much suffering and have committed myself to this endeavor, by God's grace.  It's so hard to keep reminding myself and hardly any Catholics I know have any understanding of it.

When I try to explain "offering it up for souls" they look at me blankly even though they are committed life long Catholics.

Why haven't they heard of this and where is the best source for explaining it?

I tell them that we will meet souls in Heaven that will tell us we helped to save them, but I don't have any sources for this.
(04-01-2017, 10:08 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: [ -> ]I have so much suffering and have committed myself to this endeavor, by God's grace.  It's so hard to keep reminding myself and hardly any Catholics I know have any understanding of it.

When I try to explain "offering it up for souls" they look at me blankly even though they are committed life long Catholics.

Why haven't they heard of this ......

Two words:  terrible catechesis.
(04-01-2017, 11:40 PM)Miriam_M Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-01-2017, 10:08 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: [ -> ]I have so much suffering and have committed myself to this endeavor, by God's grace.  It's so hard to keep reminding myself and hardly any Catholics I know have any understanding of it.

Why haven't they heard of this ......

Two words:  terrible catechesis.

Absolutely agree!

Still, other than Fatima I suppose, I'm stumped for resources. 

I love Trustful Surrender to Divine Providence but it mostly explains how suffering helps us to grow in holiness.  This is a concept that can be adapted to secular thought as well.  (What doesn't kill us makes us stonger.)

But actually saving souls with our suffering, united to Christ of course, is such a rare topic.

The victim souls are also sources, but they seem rather odd unless one has more mainstream resources to refer to.