FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Theological Significance of Veils
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Theological Significance of Veils

How beautiful.
Whoa!  This one has quite the ending! Shocked

There are certain topics that seem to touch a nerve and rile up such anger that it seems telling:

--Chapel Veils
--Skirts/Dresses
--Gay Marriage
--Harry Potter
--Femininity & Submission to one's husband
--Abortion

I don't wish to discuss said topics, it's just my observation that they promote such a strong reaction in people.

Submission is such a difficult area.  So many devout, Catholic homeschool moms I know want to submit to their husband's spiritual leadership, but the husbands have no interest.

Unfortunately this lack of interest gets passed on to the sons and the cycle keeps going. :/
(04-06-2017, 12:21 AM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: [ -> ]Whoa!  This one has quite the ending! Shocked

There are certain topics that seem to touch a nerve and rile up such anger that it seems telling:

--Chapel Veils
--Skirts/Dresses
--Gay Marriage
--Harry Potter
--Femininity & Submission to one's husband
--Abortion

I don't wish to discuss said topics, it's just my observation that they promote such a strong reaction in people.

On this topic -- veiling -- the inclusion of chapel veils within veiling in general should not engender heated discussion.  At present, the Church has not officially demanded veils for women, although I wish she would.  At the moment, it's the choice of the individual woman.  It's just that there is not a single reason why any woman who loves the Lord and is a member of the Roman Catholic Church should object to this voluntary opportunity to unite herself with the mind of the traditional liturgy, theology, and spirituality of the Church.  Why anyone would object to something that is voluntary, I have no idea. If you don't want to do it, don't do it.  End of discussion.

The speaker said it all in the beginning when he spoke of the modern non serviam mentality.

Lovely video.  Thanks to Vox for posting.
PM me, catquilt.
Smile