FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Interesting Holistic Cures/Folk Remedies Website
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I have referenced this website from time to time, and the 2 or 3 times I have tried the recommended treatment it has worked. I thought I'd pass it on. :)

EarthClinic.com
*goes to look*
ooohh, thanks!  I will have to take a look :)
Jenn,

I got some of that Bragg's ACV today. It is, um, interesting stuff. :)

Dearest Jleigh,  Thank you for that site [Image: champagne.gif][Image: wine.gif][Image: thankyousomuch.gif][Image: rose.gif][Image: rose.gif].  I am all over the apple cider vinegar wieght loss method!  I am further inspired when I recall Ven. Anne Catherine Emmerich's visions about how the girls and the Blessed Virgin loved drinking vinegar in those days!   So, it's even better.   [Image: poppy.gif][Image: poppy.gif][Image: poppy.gif]   The website is really good, and I don't know how I'd ever have found it by myself.
AdoramusTeChriste Wrote:Jenn,

I got some of that Bragg's ACV today. It is, um, interesting stuff. :)

LOL! "Interesting" is a good way to describe it - but it sure beats the heck out of the non-organic ACV. [Image: puke.gif]
Gloria1 Wrote: Dearest Jleigh,  Thank you for that site [Image: champagne.gif][Image: wine.gif][Image: thankyousomuch.gif][Image: rose.gif][Image: rose.gif].  I am all over the apple cider vinegar wieght loss method!  I am further inspired when I recall Ven. Anne Catherine Emmerich's visions about how the girls and the Blessed Virgin loved drinking vinegar in those days!   So, it's even better.   [Image: poppy.gif][Image: poppy.gif][Image: poppy.gif]   The website is really good, and I don't know how I'd ever have found it by myself.

I hope it works for you! :)
  Progress Report:  I have actually consumed a bunch of apple cider vinegar.  I almost hurled, but once it was down, I experienced an almost euphoric amount of energy.  Let's see if it BURNS FAT.
The Bragg's seems to help my seasonal allergies, but it hasn't seemed to help my kids' allergies, and more sadly, my daughter's asthma. Of course, it's a real hard sell, as, yes, it does make you want to heave if it's not diluted enough.

Christina
The only thing to remember when using these things is that they are drugs.  Even food is a drug.  Just because it's natural, does not mean it is safe.  Hemlock is natural, and you don't want to drink a cup of that.

Usually, they won't do anything too bad if they don't work.  The bigger concern is if you are taking pharmecueticals and a holistic/home remedy they can sometimes interact.

So if you're on meds and want to start taking herbs or whatever, talk to your doctor first to avoid interaction.  Even things like vinegar in a large dose can cause a ph change that would render certain meds inert, possibly putting someone at risk.

As Paracelsus said, it's the dose that makes the poison or cure.  St. John's Wort in a salad is a lot difference than taking high doses of the same herb where it becomes a medicine instead of a foodsubstance.  And, at that point, you can almost guarantee it will interact with other meds.

Plato was of the opinion that you should be in good health from exercise, etc., because most doctors only hack at you and very few can fix you.  Nice to see things haven't changed in 2500 years!

I certainly hate taking meds and prefer natural remedies when possible.  If nothing else, there are less nasty side-effects.  Just (have I stressed this enough?) remember that natural remedies are medicines, too.

I think I'm going to try the cider vinegar - I had never heard of that.  I need weightloss and energy!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5