FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Vox has SERIOUS trouble - please help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
                                                    Saying a decade of the rosary for her right now.

Roger, and all you Fishies who care, thank you.

I'm "OK" -- or maybe "OK-ish". A perfect storm of "anything that can go wrong, is going wrong" has been raining down on me, things that affect pretty much every facet of my life, from family stuff to medical stuff to FE stuff to computer stuff to the fridge is breaking down stuff to the roof is leaking stuff to I need new glasses and can't see very well stuff to --- seriously, name something, and it's likely going wonky for me. The only things that remain intact are my faith in God and the love of a handful of people I deeply trust and who actually really care about me.

I'm prone to melancholy, so the idea that I'm throwing myself a pity party to some degree doesn't escape me. But objectively, things truly aren't going well for me at the moment. But before my computer broke down, I put up a new page called Trusting in God, and know that, in the end, all the stuff I'm going through is a mere "dropped ice cream cone" I know this intellectually. Dealing with it emotionally, though, is a whole other ball o' wax.

But then Roger posted this thread, which has definitely cheered me up some. And how some of you have come through in order to help me with prayer and financial help -- I can't thank you enough. I really can't. Financially, enough has come in so that I can replace my computer. PRAISE GOD, my hard drive HAS survived -- and has since been copied (I was so worried that I may have lost years' worth of work).

Re. the computer stuff, the story goes like this: I've recently had it on my mind that I NEED to back all my stuff up -- my notes, work I've already started but haven't finished, my bazillion passwords, etc. So I go to do that, asking Ron to copy my hard drive. He did so -- but when he put it back in my computer, my motherboard blew up. I borrowed his laptop so I could at least get online, but didn't have access to all my passwords and already-started work, etc., so couldn't do any WORK. Then he dealt with (insert geek stuff here) so I could use my hard drive, and that worked -- for a day: when I went to re-boot, I couldn't boot up at ALL. Dead as a door nail with a stake through its heart and buried one fathom deep. Ron got to working on things again (after working all day delivering auto parts), and, God bless him, put my hard drive into HIS computer (which is what I'm using now). But he needs his computer back, which means I need a new computer. And thanks to you Fishies' generosity, enough has come in for me to get one. And Ron can put my old hard drive (which is now backed up!) into a new computer so I can carry on.

But in addition to all this computer stuff is the family stuff (which is the hardest to deal with), medical stuff, eye stuff, all sorts of things breaking down stuff -- and it's all put me in a really bad place. Thanks to you all, I'll have a computer again soon, but am still feeling pretty beaten down by all the other stuff so that I don't have a whole lot of "jam" at the moment. Please bear with me! And know that, like I said, I know that what I'm going through looks like nothing in light of eternity, but, still, if my emotions were reflected on my face, I'd look a lot like that little kid who dropped his ice cream cone on the "Trusting in God" page.

But everyone out there is going through something, too. And what KILLS me is that financial help has come in from people I KNOW, through having talked to them through PMs and such, have NOTHING. Posts like this one from Zedta:

Zedta Wrote:I was already a 'Red Fish' Fishy and have been a member of the forums for many years. I made some changes and through Paypal, I was able to increase my monthly donation to the site by 150%. I am on a fixed income, so I'll just have do without a couple of things that were bad for me anyway. I hope the situation improves and quickly.

--- please, Zedta, God LOVE ya, but don't do this! Maybe you don't need new glasses or a new computer right now, but maybe your cat needs a visit to the vet, or the roof to your porch is caving in, or your water heater is breaking down. Something. Or if those things don't apply now, maybe they will next week. Save some if you can! Have a financial "cushion" if possible! I don't want people to sacrifice to help me. I don't want help from people on fixed incomes, or with decent incomes AND lots of kids, etc. Really, if each member were to give just a dollar -- I'd feel materially RICH as all get out (and could even replace the breaking-down fridge!) (and if each member were to subscribe and give just a single buck each month -- I not only wouldn't have to worry about money ever again personally, but could hire people to make FE grow, make videos, and all that sort of thing).

So, to cut to the chase, thanks to you guys, I WILL have a new computer, praise God, and none of my work has been lost! THANK YOU so very, very much!

But I'm still dealing with a ton of "stuff" that's hit me all at once, the worst of it being "family stuff." I BEG for prayers that everyone in my family asks for and accepts divine illumination, and that one person in my family -- someone exceedingly important to me --  repents and apologizes to God and to me. My heart is smashed right now because of what's going on,  stuff I don't want to get into, but do ask your prayers for.

I'll try to get out of this emotional hole, no matter what happens, and back to writing and posting regularly as soon as I can. I'm sorry, guys. And I'm grateful for all your help, not just in terms of the actual assistance and how I can keep going with FE because I'll have a computer, but because it shows me that many of you actually really do care. And Roger was right in indicating that I needed to know that right now. Thanks. And God bless all y'all Smile
Yay, it's Vox! Hi! Smile

I'm very glad you're able to get a new computer and were able to hold onto all that hard work you've put into FE! I'll be sure to keep you and your family in my prayers, and I hope things begin to calm down for you soon.
Vox, as you know I pray for you every day, as I know you pray for me, but I have one thing to say. Go suck an egg! Fixed income or no, I'm sending some $$ as soon as my pay cheque hits the bank! You're FAMILY, and that's just what I do for my sisters.
(04-23-2017, 04:05 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]Vox, as you know I pray for you every day, as I know you pray for me, but I have one thing to say. Go suck an egg! Fixed income or no, I'm sending some $$ as soon as my pay cheque hits the bank! You're FAMILY, and that's just what I do for my sisters.

God love ya, Jovan. Thank you.

But about that egg, mind if I scramble it first -- the right way? Adding a little water and butter and constantly stirring and taking it off the heat before it's cooked so it's allllll creamy? And having the toast done first so the egg's all ready to go and won't keep cooking on the plate while the toaster is doing its thing? Sticking tongue out at you (I'm making myself hungry...)
(04-23-2017, 03:15 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]Roger, and all you Fishies who care, thank you.

I'm "OK" -- or maybe "OK-ish". A perfect storm of "anything that can go wrong, is going wrong" has been raining down on me, things that affect pretty much every facet of my life, from family stuff to medical stuff to FE stuff to computer stuff to the fridge is breaking down stuff to the roof is leaking stuff to I need new glasses and can't see very well stuff to --- seriously, name something, and it's likely going wonky for me. The only things that remain intact are my faith in God and the love of a handful of people I deeply trust and who actually really care about me.

I'm prone to melancholy, so the idea that I'm throwing myself a pity party to some degree doesn't escape me. But objectively, things truly aren't going well for me at the moment. But before my computer broke down, I put up a new page called Trusting in God, and know that, in the end, all the stuff I'm going through is a mere "dropped ice cream cone" I know this intellectually. Dealing with it emotionally, though, is a whole other ball o' wax.

But then Roger posted this thread, which has definitely cheered me up some. And how some of you have come through in order to help me with prayer and financial help -- I can't thank you enough. I really can't. Financially, enough has come in so that I can replace my computer. PRAISE GOD, my hard drive HAS survived -- and has since been copied (I was so worried that I may have lost years' worth of work).

Re. the computer stuff, the story goes like this: I've recently had it on my mind that I NEED to back all my stuff up -- my notes, work I've already started but haven't finished, my bazillion passwords, etc. So I go to do that, asking Ron to copy my hard drive. He did so -- but when he put it back in my computer, my motherboard blew up. I borrowed his laptop so I could at least get online, but didn't have access to all my passwords and already-started work, etc., so couldn't do any WORK. Then he dealt with (insert geek stuff here) so I could use my hard drive, and that worked -- for a day: when I went to re-boot, I couldn't boot up at ALL. Dead as a door nail with a stake through its heart and buried one fathom deep. Ron got to working on things again (after working all day delivering auto parts), and, God bless him, put my hard drive into HIS computer (which is what I'm using now). But he needs his computer back, which means I need a new computer. And thanks to you Fishies' generosity, enough has come in for me to get one. And Ron can put my old hard drive (which is now backed up!) into a new computer so I can carry on.

But in addition to all this computer stuff is the family stuff (which is the hardest to deal with), medical stuff, eye stuff, all sorts of things breaking down stuff -- and it's all put me in a really bad place. Thanks to you all, I'll have a computer again soon, but am still feeling pretty beaten down by all the other stuff so that I don't have a whole lot of "jam" at the moment. Please bear with me! And know that, like I said, I know that what I'm going through looks like nothing in light of eternity, but, still, if my emotions were reflected on my face, I'd look a lot like that little kid who dropped his ice cream cone on the "Trusting in God" page.

But everyone out there is going through something, too. And what KILLS me is that financial help has come in from people I KNOW, through having talked to them through PMs and such, have NOTHING. Posts like this one from Zedta:

Zedta Wrote:I was already a 'Red Fish' Fishy and have been a member of the forums for many years. I made some changes and through Paypal, I was able to increase my monthly donation to the site by 150%. I am on a fixed income, so I'll just have do without a couple of things that were bad for me anyway. I hope the situation improves and quickly.

--- please, Zedta, God LOVE ya, but don't do this! Maybe you don't need new glasses or a new computer right now, but maybe your cat needs a visit to the vet, or the roof to your porch is caving in, or your water heater is breaking down. Something. Or if those things don't apply now, maybe they will next week. Save some if you can! Have a financial "cushion" if possible! I don't want people to sacrifice to help me. I don't want help from people on fixed incomes, or with decent incomes AND lots of kids, etc. Really, if each member were to give just a dollar -- I'd feel materially RICH as all get out (and could even replace the breaking-down fridge!) (and if each member were to subscribe and give just a single buck each month -- I not only wouldn't have to worry about money ever again personally, but could hire people to make FE grow, make videos, and all that sort of thing).

So, to cut to the chase, thanks to you guys, I WILL have a new computer, praise God, and none of my work has been lost! THANK YOU so very, very much!

But I'm still dealing with a ton of "stuff" that's hit me all at once, the worst of it being "family stuff." I BEG for prayers that everyone in my family asks for and accepts divine illumination, and that one person in my family -- someone exceedingly important to me --  repents and apologizes to God and to me. My heart is smashed right now because of what's going on,  stuff I don't want to get into, but do ask your prayers for.

I'll try to get out of this emotional hole, no matter what happens, and back to writing and posting regularly as soon as I can. I'm sorry, guys. And I'm grateful for all your help, not just in terms of the actual assistance and how I can keep going with FE because I'll have a computer, but because it shows me that many of you actually really do care. And Roger was right in indicating that I needed to know that right now. Thanks. And God bless all y'all Smile

As a former teacher of mine likes to say, "Anything can happen at any time."  Ain't that the truth!!  And it seems like you got the corollary (??), "All kinds of stuff can happen all at once."  Glad to see you back, Vox, and glad that some other things are happening that are more positive for you!  God bless you and be well! Smile
I'd be happy to send a small donation, but for me I am more comfortable using the mail (i.e. cash or a cheque) rather than online transactions.

Vox, if you have a PO box, or something like that, I'd love to chip in a little bit to help your situation (and I have, Deo Gratias, the means to do so).

Mark
(04-23-2017, 07:45 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2017, 04:05 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]Vox, as you know I pray for you every day, as I know you pray for me, but I have one thing to say. Go suck an egg! Fixed income or no, I'm sending some $$ as soon as my pay cheque hits the bank! You're FAMILY, and that's just what I do for my sisters.

God love ya, Jovan. Thank you.

But about that egg, mind if I scramble it first -- the right way? Adding a little water and butter and constantly stirring and taking it off the heat before it's cooked so it's allllll creamy? And having the toast done first so the egg's all ready to go and won't keep cooking on the plate while the toaster is doing its thing? Sticking tongue out at you (I'm making myself hungry...)

Well, we were OK until you indicated you were going to eat a raw egg after you scrambled it! Scrambled eggs are cooked until dry, preferably with a few morel mushrooms scrambled with them! It's morel season, and, due to my health, I can't hike the woods looking for them. D.g. I have a dear friend who understands and brings me some every year!

J. Michael, thanks. Very much Smile

And to Mark Williams, thank you, too. VERY much. Just for the very thought, the will to help. I don't have a P.O.Box, but my address is on the FE site. It's:

FishEaters/Tracy Tucciarone
736 North Bosart Avenue
Indianapolis, IN  46201  U.S.A.

(04-23-2017, 11:50 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2017, 07:45 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]God love ya, Jovan. Thank you.

Well, we were OK until you indicated you were going to eat a raw egg after you scrambled it! Scrambled eggs are cooked until dry, preferably with a few morel mushrooms scrambled with them! It's morel season, and, due to my health, I can't hike the woods looking for them. D.g. I have a dear friend who understands and brings me some every year!

Oh my. You are so wrong it hurts! -- except about the morels! I grew up eating scrambled eggs "cooked dry," but then was taught how to make them by a guy I used to know, and how he made 'em matches how people like Gordon Ramsay make's 'em, so who am I to argue? Especially after tasting the difference! I used to never crave scrambled eggs until I tasted them done "the right way" according to the chef types. But to each his own taste! If I ever have the pleasure of making breakfast for you, I'll be sure to "overcook 'em" Sticking tongue out at you

In any case, I'm glad you have someone who goes into the woods for you to fetch you some 'shrooms! Nice-a!
(04-23-2017, 03:15 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]But everyone out there is going through something, too. And what KILLS me is that financial help has come in from people I KNOW, through having talked to them through PMs and such, have NOTHING. Posts like this one from Zedta:

--- please, Zedta, God LOVE ya, but don't do this! Maybe you don't need new glasses or a new computer right now, but maybe your cat needs a visit to the vet, or the roof to your porch is caving in, or your water heater is breaking down. Something. Or if those things don't apply now, maybe they will next week. Save some if you can! Have a financial "cushion" if possible! I don't want people to sacrifice to help me. I don't want help from people on fixed incomes, or with decent incomes AND lots of kids, etc.

No worries Vox, old friend. I'm not starving (yet  Grin) and the amount you'll get certainly won't hurt that much. I just hope it helps you out. I've got a lot out of being a member here and I have no qualms about helping out in return.

I hope you issues are over and you're back in the saddle!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4