FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Diocesan School Punishes Teacher for Citing Catholic Saint
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone think Diocesan schools are Catholic?

The teacher cites St. John Bosco on what Islam is.

He proceeds to have the pretend Catholic School reprimand him, has both Jews and Muslims complain, and has Vatican II and John Paul II quoted against his "error."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/teac...63d21b?23w

Rabbi David Kaiman of the Congregation B’nai Israel in Gainesville also emailed the school, writing that the reading was “dangerous and destructive and feeds those who seek to hate vilify,” and that it “expresses a hate language that is disturbing.”

Ohhh you hypocritically brazen Rabbi, if only more people knew what your Talmud teaches about gentiles......
"These are the days when the Christian is expected to praise every creed except his own." - G.K. Chesterton
Is this school run by the moderators of Catholic Answers Forums?
Quote:“[The mother] shared this with me while she could not stop crying.” 

A mother, I will presume a Catholic mother, who sends her children to a "Catholic" school is in tears because a Catholic saint was quoted speaking the Catholic truth this anti-Christian religion?  Talk about a lose of faith in the world...

Quote:In the imagined dialogue between a father and his sons, the father explains how Jesus Christ is superior to the Prophet Muhammad, who “degrades and dishonors human nature and by placing all happiness in sensual pleasures, reduces man to the level of filthy animals.”

Elsewhere in the text, Muhammad is described as a “charlatan,” “villain,” “ignoramus,” “imposter” and “false prophet” who “couldn’t even write” and “propagated his religion, not through miracles or persuasive words, but by military force.”

The Quran, the holy book of Islam, is also called “a series of errors, the most enormous ones being against morality and the worship of the true God.”

Did anyone else think that this was the best part of the article?

Quote:Rabbi David Kaiman of the Congregation B’nai Israel in Gainesville also emailed the school, writing that the reading was “dangerous and destructive and feeds those who seek to hate vilify,” and that it “expresses a hate language that is disturbing.”

He added that the “tone and factual content is outdated and not reflective of Catholic doctrine,” and pointed to statements from a long succession of popes expressing love and respect for Muslims and the Islamic faith.

“I take pride to quote the words of John Paul II in speaking of Islam in 1985,” Kaiman wrote. “’[There] are the important differences which we can accept with the humility and respect, in mutual tolerance; this is a mystery about which, I am certain, God will one day enlighten us.’”

Anyone else just find it hilarious that a Jewish Rabbi has the guile to tell us Catholics what to believe? Sadly, he can take his lead from our Popes... And by the way, why is this Rabbi preaching tolerance and peace toward Muslims?  Hasn't he read the Koran?  Have any of the wakko libs ever taken the time to actually read it?  Or maybe open a history book?

Quote:A teacher in Michigan was suspended for passing out an assignment called “The Top 10 Talents Of Miss Iraq,” which listed “Blowing self up in a car in a parking lot,” “Describing what they would look like in a bathing suit if they were permitted to wear one” and “Withstanding the kick of a donkey.”

LOL LOL LOL
(04-24-2017, 01:29 AM)Justin Alphonsus Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Rabbi David Kaiman of the Congregation B’nai Israel in Gainesville also emailed the school, writing that the reading was “dangerous and destructive and feeds those who seek to hate vilify,” and that it “expresses a hate language that is disturbing.”

He added that the “tone and factual content is outdated and not reflective of Catholic doctrine,” and pointed to statements from a long succession of popes expressing love and respect for Muslims and the Islamic faith.

“I take pride to quote the words of John Paul II in speaking of Islam in 1985,” Kaiman wrote. “’[There] are the important differences which we can accept with the humility and respect, in mutual tolerance; this is a mystery about which, I am certain, God will one day enlighten us.’”

Anyone else just find it hilarious that a Jewish Rabbi has the guile to tell us Catholics what to believe? Sadly, he can take his lead from our Popes... And by the way, why is this Rabbi preaching tolerance and peace toward Muslims?  Hasn't he read the Koran?  Have any of the wakko libs ever taken the time to actually read it?  Or maybe open a history book?

Why aren't we Catholics sending accusatory letters to yeshivas -- schools that teach that Christ is boiling in hot excrement in Hell, that "Gentiles" have the souls of brute beasts, etc.? Really, the unmitigated GALL it takes for a rabbi to tell Catholics what to teach in Catholic schools is astounding. I am so sick of it!
The typical modernist and liberal is not only a faithless man, he is also incapable of  logical reasoning. If you do not believe in the Quran, and if you do believe that Mohammed existed and the general lines of the life of Mohammed are true, then he was a false prophet and a charlatan. For that reason a catholic or a jew should not even call him a prophet. If the source of Mohammed's message was supernatural, then this source was the devil because the Quran says horrible things about the Holy Trinity and also teaches simply wrong things (Sure 5, 116).
(04-24-2017, 03:58 AM)Guingamp Wrote: [ -> ]If the source of Mohammed's message was supernatural, then this source was the devil because the Quran says horrible things about the Holy Trinity and also teaches simply wrong things (Sure 5, 116).
There is ample evidence that Mohammed was possessed. I mean, when Zechariah and Our Lady saw the angel Gabriel, they didn't have anything profoundly negative happen to him, except the fact that Zechariah lost his speech for a while, but that's because he didn't simply trust what Gabriel told him.

“Some months after our return he and his brother were with our lambs behind the tents when his brother came running and said to us, ‘Two men clothed in white have seized that Qurayshi brother of mine and thrown him down and opened up his belly, and are stirring him up.’ We ran towards him and found him standing up with a livid face. We took hold of him and asked him what was the matter. He said, ‘Two men with white raiment came and threw me down and opened up my belly and searched therein for I know not what,’ so we took him back to our tent." - The Life of Muhammad: A Translation of Ibn Ishaq’s Sirat Rasul Allah

"While he was coming, the demon threw him to the ground and convulsed him. But Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit and healed the boy, and gave him back to his father." - Luke 9:42

"The authoritative Hadith (Tradition) relate that Muhammad used to faint whenever revelation came to him. It is claimed he used to act like a drunkard (See Al-Sirah al-Nabawiya, by Ibn Hisham; chapter on how revelation came). In his book, Al-Qur’an al-Majid, Darwaza claims that Muhammad was taken out of this world. Abu Huraira says that ‘whenever Muhammad received revelation, he was overwhelmed by trembling.’ Another account says: ‘He became distressed, foaming at the mouth and closing his eyes. At times he snorted like a young camel’ (Ahmad b. Hanbal I, 34, 464, VI, 163)." - The True Guidance (Part Four): An Introduction to Quranic Studies

"And they brought him. And when he had seen him, immediately the spirit troubled him; and being thrown down upon the ground, he rolled about foaming." - Mark 9:19
(04-24-2017, 03:02 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]Why aren't we Catholics sending accusatory letters to yeshivas -- schools that teach that Christ is boiling in hot excrement in Hell, that "Gentiles" have the souls of brute beasts, etc.? Really, the unmitigated GALL it takes for a rabbi to tell Catholics what to teach in Catholic schools is astounding. I am so sick of it!

It really is.  These rabbis must be banking on the general populace not knowing what they keep hidden in their Talmud.  They are overplaying their hand though as
more people wisen up to what is going on. 
(04-24-2017, 01:29 AM)Justin Alphonsus Wrote: [ -> ]Did anyone else think that this was the best part of the article?

Oh he knows well what is in the Koran.  The truth is that historically there have always been Jews who aid Islam against white gentile Christianity. 

http://www.judaism-islam.com/jews-opene-...of-toledo/

http://nwioqeqkdf.blogspot.com/2015/11/y...gates.html

Islam is preferable for them. 

(Rabbi) Efrati wrote in response that the Islamization of Europe was better than a Christian Europe for ethical and theological reasons – as a punishment against Christians for persecuting the Jews and the fact that Christianity, as opposed to Islam, is considered "idolatry" from a halachic point of view.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0%2c734...%2c00.html
Look at it this way ...

The Church examined, in the old canonization process, every writing of St. John Bosco. If there were even a whiff of error, he would not have been canonized. It doesn't mean he was infallible, but that nothing he wrote was contrary to Catholic doctrine or morals.

In the new process, the writings are mostly ignored (otherwise John Paul II would never have qualified, since many of his writings even favor heresy)

Thus ...

If the writing of St. John Bosco can be ignored and even vilified because one doesn't like what he says, we can feel secure to treat Nostra Ætate and the words of John Paul II the same way.

That's simple logic from the behavior of the Diocese of Orlando.

Pages: 1 2