FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Cardinal Caffarra:“What Sr. Lucia wrote to me is being fulfilled today"(Aleteia)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"The Fatima visionary told him: “A time will come when the decisive battle between the kingdom of Christ and Satan will be over marriage and the family.”

VATICAN CITY — Sr. Lucia’s prophetic words that “the decisive battle” between the Lord and Satan would be over marriage and the family “is being fulfilled today,” Cardinal Carlo Caffarra has told Aleteia.

The Italian cardinal was speaking on Friday afternoon, May 19, at the fourth annual ‘Rome Life Forum,’ a gathering which brings together over 100 life and family leaders from over 20 nations to discuss how to defend and strengthen marriage and family life around the world."

More here:

https://aleteia.org/2017/05/19/exclusive...led-today/
Very powerful article.

Two quotes stuck out to me:

Quote:“Father, a time will come when the decisive battle between the kingdom of Christ and Satan will be over marriage and the family. And those who will work for the good of the family will experience persecution and tribulation. But do not be afraid, because Our Lady has already crushed his head.”

Wow.  Talk about prophetic

Quote:"...in this battle, woman is “the human being who must be defended the most."

Interesting quote.  I read somewhere how various evangelical groups trying to convert Catholics specifically target mothers.  I'm not saying protestants/evangelicals are satanic (I'd say misguided), but it's interesting how preservation of the Faith seems to return to a focus on the woman/mother. 
(05-22-2017, 08:11 AM)Jeeter Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting quote.  I read somewhere how various evangelical groups trying to convert Catholics specifically target mothers.  I'm not saying protestants/evangelicals are satanic (I'd say misguided), but it's interesting how preservation of the Faith seems to return to a focus on the woman/mother.
Makes sense. If the non-Catholic groups get the mother, the likelihood of getting the children increases, especially if they're still young and absorbing everything Mom and Dad do.