FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Do you still believe Benedict XVI resigned because of health concerns?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't. Benedict XVI looks like he's in as good shape as you can expect a man of his age. He seems capable of travelling. He is not requiring permanent hospitalisation. He looks nothing like JPII in his latter days. He isn't drooling or senile. He is lucid. So the premise that he resigned for health reasons seems bogus. His resignation remains a total mystery. We're not going to make sense of anything going on in the world today if we don't find out what or who force him to resign. This was a coup. I want to know who is behind this. My guess it is that it is the same people who are trying to impeach President Donald Trump today. The same people who blame everything on Vladimir Putin. Remember how much bad press Benedict XVI received? They made him out to be a zealous and loyal Nazi Party member. Somehow, the Synagogue of Satan has gained veto power over the Papacy and they can squash any claimant to the throne of St Peter who can unify and lead the religious Right across the world.

I think taking the greatest burden of any human being on earth off one's back and just relaxing on a perpetual retreat, with some pleasant socializing on the side, would make anyone look and feel worlds better.
Why he resigned is forever going to be a mystery.  As for him being able to unify the right around the world, I disagree.  Benedict XVI was a scholar and a believer, but he was fairly liberal.  He was certainly no trad,and I don't see anything in his timid and scholarly personality to suggest he wanted to lead anything, much less a coalition of right wingers.
(06-02-2017, 11:31 AM)formerbuddhist Wrote: [ -> ]Why he resigned is forever going to be a mystery.  As for him being able to unify the right around the world, I disagree.  Benedict XVI was a scholar and a believer, but he was fairly liberal.  He was certainly no trad,and I don't see anything in his timid and scholarly personality to suggest he wanted to lead anything, much less a coalition of right wingers.

That's putting it very politely FB.

What did one modernist theologian say to the other at Vatican ll?

[Image: karl_rahner_i_joseph_ratzinger.jpg]

"If only it wasn't Friday Josef , we could eat schnitzel!"

"Someday Soon Karl, we will have all the schnitzel we want on Fridays!"
Personally, I don't think he officially resigned. The letter doesn't sound like a resignation to me. Francis was put in place to more quickly move forward the goals of Vatican II; to make the Church more 'Protestant' and dilute our dear Church to ineffectiveness, most principally. Francis has certainly made some of the loonies in the 'Administration' come out to be revealed.

I think Benedict XVI still retains the 'Keys' and that is why he still wears the white. Had he truly resigned, he wouldn't still ware Papal White. He was forced out by Masonic influences in the Church's Hierarchy and had no choice but acquiesce his authority to what he often referred to as a 'stronger man'.

At least, I pray it is so. I can't stomach that Francis is anything but a Liberation Theology Jesuit gone mad.

JMHO Tip o' the hat
(06-02-2017, 04:34 PM)The Tax Collector Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2017, 11:31 AM)formerbuddhist Wrote: [ -> ]Why he resigned is forever going to be a mystery.  As for him being able to unify the right around the world, I disagree.  Benedict XVI was a scholar and a believer, but he was fairly liberal.  He was certainly no trad,and I don't see anything in his timid and scholarly personality to suggest he wanted to lead anything, much less a coalition of right wingers.

That's putting it very politely FB.

What did one modernist theologian say to the other at Vatican ll?

[Image: karl_rahner_i_joseph_ratzinger.jpg]

"If only it wasn't Friday Josef , we could eat schnitzel!"

"Someday Soon Karl, we will have all the schnitzel we want on Fridays!"
To be fair, from what I understand he moved from Nouveau Theologie to a more conservative view in his old age, I could be wrong on that.
Three years before Pope St John Paul II died Joseph Ratzinger presented his resignation and requested to be able to retire. Pope St. John Paul II said not yet. three years later he was elected to be Pope after the death of Pope St. John Paul II. Pope Benedict was very old and he felt that he was incapable of keeping up with all of the developments that were taking place so that is why he put in his resignation. He looks good for a man of 90.But remember he is 90 years old. 
Ratzinger is a proponent of the nouvelle theologie. He was a peritus at the Council, he was part of the post-Vatican establishment, he celebrated exclusively the novus ordo, he consecrated liberal bishops all over the world...like Jacques Maritain or Henri de Lubac, he was one of the more conservative participants within the nouvelle theologie-movement and the media disliked him because according to pre-Vatican standards even a liberal seems to be a conservative but I do not believe that he was really a threat to liberals and freemasons in the Church. Remember that he altered the intercessions on Good Friday to appease the jews.
Benedict gave us the Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum. He spoke out against Islam. He maintained that Vatican II should be interpreted according to the hermeneutic of continuity rather than the hermeneutic of rupture. He has recently stated that under Cardinal Sarah (pro-ad orientem, pro-reverent liturgy, pro-silence in order to draw closer to God), the liturgy is in good hands. His Novus Ordo Masses were celebrated with ample Latin, like all Novus Ordo Masses are supposed to be celebrated.

For a "liberal," he sure knows how to ruffle the feathers of liberals.
(06-03-2017, 03:47 AM)In His Love Wrote: [ -> ]Benedict gave us the Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum. He spoke out against Islam. He maintained that Vatican II should be interpreted according to the hermeneutic of continuity rather than the hermeneutic of rupture. He has recently stated that under Cardinal Sarah (pro-ad orientem, pro-reverent liturgy, pro-silence in order to draw closer to God), the liturgy is in good hands. His Novus Ordo Masses were celebrated with ample Latin, like all Novus Ordo Masses are supposed to be celebrated.

For a "liberal," he sure knows how to ruffle the feathers of liberals.
It depends on your point of view. According to the status quo of the Church he might be a conservative, but the status quo of the Church is absolutely weird. Even John Paul II was  a traditionalist compared to Francis but does that prove anything? Benedict did not seem to have any intention to fight against the modernism and the proponents of modernism in the Church. Why?
Pages: 1 2