FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: First Mass!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate subforum for this, but nevertheless....

I'm 19 years old, and today was my first Mass! I've been reading about the Catholic faith for about a year and a half now. After much thought and change of mind throughout that year and a half, I've decided I will be going to the Traditional Latin Mass every Sunday if possible.

Indeed, my very first Mass this Pentecost Sunday was not only a Traditional Latin Mass, but it was also a "High Mass".  Smile And, all thanks to God, I am privileged to have met some wonderful priests and people in a very, very beautiful church - the St. Francis de Sales Oratory in St. Louis, Rome of the West! Here are some photos of the church I found online.

[Image: 1024px-Saint_Francis_de_Sales_Oratory.jpg]
[Image: sfds-sanctuary.jpg]

It was the most beautiful thing this side of heaven, no doubt!  Smile
Congrats! I'm super happy for you and the church is indeed a very beautiful one! Ours is still in development, but functional haha.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Congrats and consider yourself blessed.  Still have yet to attend my first TLM.
Congrats! Beautiful church, btw.
(06-04-2017, 03:33 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats and consider yourself blessed.  Still have yet to attend my first TLM.
It's not the same as attending in person, but still a blessing: http://livemass.net/LiveMass/day.html
(06-04-2017, 04:16 PM)In His Love Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-04-2017, 03:33 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats and consider yourself blessed.  Still have yet to attend my first TLM.
It's not the same as attending in person, but still a blessing: http://livemass.net/LiveMass/day.html

I have watched a TLM and it's beautiful, frankly I just love going on YT Sensus Fidelium channel and listening to the homilies.  I love how calm, soft, and monotone many trad priests voices are, but they speak with conviction and with intelligence.
Welcome to the Catholic Church
Smile Smile Smile
That's a beautiful church. I'm glad you're able to get to the TLM regularly!
What a way to commence with the Mass! Not only TLM, but that church and THAT institute that runs it! I am very, very moved by the Institute of Christ the King - over the years it has been the traditionalist order that has touched me most deeply of all.

Indeed, I would be interested to know how many were there on Sunday and what their apostolate in St Louis is like, generally.  (I have a special interest in ICKSP and their main centres, like this one, especially.)
Roger, when I get home, I'll write a response, telling you what it's like at St. Francis de Sales.

In the meantime, perhaps you'd appreciate this video I took at Mass yesterday, during what I can only describe in the awkward language of "Recessional Procession" - if you or anyone knows what it's actually called, I'd like to know. Huh??

Pages: 1 2