FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Sky to Go Dark in August, 2017 (The Remnant)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
"The Washington Post reports:

On Monday, Aug. 21, in the middle of the day, the sky will go dark. The temperature will suddenly get several degrees colder. Birds will stop chirping and retreat to their nests. And tens of millions of people, crammed into a 60-mile-wide path that crosses from Oregon to the Carolinas, will stand in America looking up at the sky.

It’s easy to understand why many people will view this as an act of God.

The total solar eclipse that will cross America this summer — an event that last happened 99 years ago — will be an important moment for scientific observers and a massive nationwide spectator event. It will also, for many people of faith, be evidence of God’s majesty — and even, to a few, a harbinger of the coming end of the world."

More here:

https://remnantnewspaper.com/web/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=3220:sky-to-go-dark-in-august-2017
A solar eclipse? Come on...
(06-20-2017, 09:10 PM)Leonhard Wrote: [ -> ]A solar eclipse? Come on...
There could be something to this. When Jesus died on the cross, the sky was darkened as well.

"The Crucifixion Eclipse (33 CE)
According to the evangelists, Jesus was crucified on a Friday afternoon, some hours prior to the beginning of the Jewish Sabbath. It is recorded that Jesus was crucified during the period when Pontius Pilate was procurator of Judea (26-36 CE). However, there is no consensus on the date of the crucifixion. Evidence suggests April 3, 33 CE, while others suggest it was April 7, 30 CE. There are various allusions in the Bible to the Moon being dark and turned to blood when it rose in the evening after the crucifixion, which sounds like a lunar eclipse."

http://www.astronomytoday.com/eclipses/a...part3.html

There's also this:

"The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and manifest day of the Lord come." - Acts 2:20
Solar eclipses are not all that uncommon and I'm not sure why one in the United States of all places would be extra special. I think we're reaching a bit on some of these things. I think people so desperately want an end to the status quo that we've seen over the past 50 years that they're looking for anything to be the harbinger of that change.
If you are waiting for three days without sun all it takes is a very big volcano.
(06-20-2017, 09:45 PM)GangGreen Wrote: [ -> ]Solar eclipses are not all that uncommon and I'm not sure why one in the United States of all places would be extra special. I think we're reaching a bit on some of these things. I think people so desperately want an end to the status quo that we've seen over the past 50 years that they're looking for anything to be the harbinger of that change.

While I agree with what you're saying, it's quite a sad state of affairs when people hate the present-day so much that they eagerly await a calamitous doomsday.
(06-21-2017, 04:24 PM)Klemens Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-20-2017, 09:45 PM)GangGreen Wrote: [ -> ]Solar eclipses are not all that uncommon and I'm not sure why one in the United States of all places would be extra special. I think we're reaching a bit on some of these things. I think people so desperately want an end to the status quo that we've seen over the past 50 years that they're looking for anything to be the harbinger of that change.

While I agree with what you're saying, it's quite a sad state of affairs when people hate the present-day so much that they eagerly await a calamitous doomsday.
Too many Christians (Catholics included) always talk so joyfully about the end of the world as if they're so assured of their salvation. Idk about everyone else, but I fear that day. "With fear and trembling work out your salvation." "Dies irae, dies illa, Solvet sæclum in favilla."
(06-21-2017, 04:34 PM)GangGreen Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-21-2017, 04:24 PM)Klemens Wrote: [ -> ]

Too many Christians (Catholics included) always talk so joyfully about the end of the world as if they're so assured of their salvation. Idk about everyone else, but I fear that day. "With fear and trembling work out your salvation." "Dies irae, dies illa, Solvet sæclum in favilla."

At the risk of sounding judgmental, I find such thinking (not yours, GangGreen, those Christians') akin to individual suicidal tendencies (death is the only way out of suffering). Sometimes events in my own life get me thinking that way as well (only briefly) but then I remember how those with far less fortune than I still persevere through their lives. Furthermore, I also remember that if I die right then, I will face my iniquities (there are many) and these iniquities will only drag me away from our Lord. We must not give in to sentiments of defeat at our present ills (whatever they may be), remembering that suffering in ALL its forms is a part of life.
(06-20-2017, 08:25 PM)In His Love Wrote: [ -> ]"The Washington Post reports:

On Monday, Aug. 21, in the middle of the day, the sky will go dark. The temperature will suddenly get several degrees colder. Birds will stop chirping and retreat to their nests. And tens of millions of people, crammed into a 60-mile-wide path that crosses from Oregon to the Carolinas, will stand in America looking up at the sky.

It’s easy to understand why many people will view this as an act of God.

The total solar eclipse that will cross America this summer — an event that last happened 99 years ago — will be an important moment for scientific observers and a massive nationwide spectator event. It will also, for many people of faith, be evidence of God’s majesty — and even, to a few, a harbinger of the coming end of the world."

More here:

https://remnantnewspaper.com/web/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=3220:sky-to-go-dark-in-august-2017

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

I posted about this a couple of times too. I put it in the "Science" forums since I thought it appropriate there. This will link you to that thread I refer to here and in it will give you a link to an app that will show you how much occlusion of the sun the moon will perform wherever in the USA you may live. In my area it will be just a tad over 90%. That will be sooo cool.

On a side note, however. There have been geoscientists that have reported that there were siezmic responses to the shadow of the moon over the earth during these solar eclipses. The shadow crosses over the North West, Yellowstone and the New Madrid fault areas. If they are correct with their theories, the days after this eclipse could be very interesting. :Hmm:
Pages: 1 2