FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Scared
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Strange thing happened......last night before I went to bed, my crucifix fell off of my necklace. I checked it and didn't see anyway it could have broken, so I put it back on the chain and set it on my night table. Well, I woke up this morning with three MASSIVE scratches down the back of my right arm and down the right side of my back. I don't have animals in my house, there was nothing sharp in the bed, and some of the marks are in places I cannot reach. Has anyone had something similar happen? What could this mean??  ???  :crazy:
If all you are saying is accurate (and I have no reason to doubt you), you could be under attack. Three scratches and the damage to a Crucifix are rather disturbing

1. Do you have Holy Water?

If so, sprinkle it liberally about your bed and home.

2. Was the Crucifix Blessed by a priest?

If not, get that done.

3. Are you in a state of grace? Has in been to confession recently and a regular Mass attender.

If not, rectify that as soon as you can.

4. Have you consulted your priest or confessor about all of this, or is it a recent occurrence?

If recent, see your priest as soon as possible and ask for a Blessing and Anointing. If not recent, do it as soon as possible too.

5. Have you an active Prayer Life?

If not, start one now. As soon as you read this. Start with the Rosary of the Seven Sorrows and the Chaplet of St. Michael. These are good starters and say them in your home.

Try to find some Blessed Salt or ask your priest to bless some non-iodined sea salt you can purchase at the grocery. Sprinkle it about your home as well as the Holy Water.

Have your Parish Priest come an Bless your home as soon as he can. Sometimes diligence can keep things from getting worse.

I will keep you in my prayers and may God have mercy on you and may Our Lady cover you in her veil of protection!
Very strange...it certainly wouldn't hurt to have a priest go through the home and say prayers, sprinkle holy water, etc.

Have you checked your bed to see if there was anything sharp on it?

I agree with Zedta and second his suggestion with regard to the Chaplet of St. Michael. It's very good. I also highly suggest praying the Rosary and the Jesus Prayer.

Here's a link to the Chaplet, with most of the words on the screen so you can follow along:

(06-26-2017, 07:10 PM)Zedta Wrote: [ -> ]If all you are saying is accurate (and I have no reason to doubt you), you could be under attack. Three scratches and the damage to a Crucifix are rather disturbing

1. Do you have Holy Water? No, but I plan on getting some at Mass tomorrow.

If so, sprinkle it liberally about your bed and home.

2. Was the Crucifix Blessed by a priest? Yes, just a few days ago.

If not, get that done.

3. Are you in a state of grace? Has in been to confession recently and a regular Mass attender. I have recently started attending Mass 2-3 times weekly and had my last Confession on 6/20/17

If not, rectify that as soon as you can.

4. Have you consulted your priest or confessor about all of this, or is it a recent occurrence? I plan on telling him after Mass tomorrow

If recent, see your priest as soon as possible and ask for a Blessing and Anointing. If not recent, do it as soon as possible too.

5. Have you an active Prayer Life?

If not, start one now. As soon as you read this. Start with the Rosary of the Seven Sorrows and the Chaplet of St. Michael. These are good starters and say them in your home.

Try to find some Blessed Salt or ask your priest to bless some non-iodined sea salt you can purchase at the grocery. Sprinkle it about your home as well as the Holy Water.

Have your Parish Priest come an Bless your home as soon as he can. Sometimes diligence can keep things from getting worse.

I will keep you in my prayers and may God have mercy on you and may Our Lady cover you in her veil of protection!

Thank you so much for replying!
(06-26-2017, 07:21 PM)HeatherNoel Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you so much for replying!

Please, don't mention it. It is always good for a Catholic to share things in their life that are disturbing. Seeking another's prayers are what we Catholics do: We pray for each other.

I have to ask; what about the house/apartment you live in.

Have you lived there long? Do you know anything about the people who lived there? Or about the general history of the home? It may help to figure out what this is all about if you knew such things. Someone could have given permission to something by use of a Ouija Board or other such indiscretion. That information would be helpful to the priest as well.
I'll tell you about two similar episodes that happened to me recently:

1. A few months ago, I woke up at 3 o'clock in the morning and felt a very dark, cold and oppressive presence. Usually, when I feel something like this, I start to say the Jesus prayer. But now, I couldn't. My body and my mouth we're totally paralysed. So I went over to plan B: I said the Ave Maria in my mind. As soon as I had 'thought' the angelic salutation, I felt a flush of fiery energy running through my body. My muscles loosened up, so I could finally pronounce the name 'Jesus' aloud. I felt the evil presence withdrawing and - in exactly the same moment - a breeze of wind closed the door of my room. Afterwards I felt pure peace and tranquillity.
 I was alone at home. It was winter, all windows and all other doors were shut. The only objective explanation is that the 'wind' was generated by something inside my room.

2. Another episode happened to a friend of mine. She is a lapsed Catolic, drenched in secular New Age ideology. About a year ago, she went through some serious private problems and related to me that she felt the presence of evil beings around her. I gave her a rosary-necklace with a cross on it, advising her: "It would be best for you if you prayed the Rosary. But if you don't want to do that, at least wear it." A few days later, she called me: "I was wearing the Rosary when I felt something ripping the cross from it. The cross fell to the floor." I answered: "You have to repair it. Put the cross back on the Rosary." A few days later I met her in a Café. She was wearing the Rosary, but had replaced the Cross with some jewellery, explaining: "I didn't feel very comfortable with the cross anyway."

This episodes might shed some light on the reason why this stuff happened to you. It might not be anything bad that you or another person has done. The demons just hate it if we develope a traditional prayer life. Sometimes they get so desperate that they choose to reveal themselves. In the case of my friend, it worked: she preferred discarding the cross to being scared by some ignorant, rebellious spirits.

But in the case of faithful Catholics, their strategy doesn't work. You might not perceive it that way, but other Catholics who get bombarded with subtle sexual temptations and/or prideful thoughts are usually under much heavier demonic siege than you have been last night.

And remember, demons can never harm you physically if Our Lord doesn't allow it. If he allowed it, it might be in order to
1. show you that spiritual warfare is real.
2. give you the chance to share in His sufferings.

Many saints had to struggle with physical attacks by the devil (St. Cure of Ars, Padre Pio). Their advise is - after having employed all possible sacramental measures - not to take him very serious and to ignore him if possible. When attacked, just remain in unceasing prayer...

(That said, I second all the advises given by the other posters)
Quote: "...being scared by some ignorant, rebellious spirits."  by JosefSilouan

I agreed with your post but not this one phrase. Be assured. When dealing with the Fallen Ones, you are not dealing with the ignorant. These spirits are quite intelligent and although there are 'impish' types among them that chide us into error, the more slick ones come when the impish get a 'bite'.
(06-27-2017, 08:08 AM)Zedta Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: "...being scared by some ignorant, rebellious spirits."  by JosefSilouan

I agreed with your post but not this one phrase. Be assured. When dealing with the Fallen Ones, you are not dealing with the ignorant. These spirits are quite intelligent and although there are 'impish' types among them that chide us into error, the more slick ones come when the impish get a 'bite'.

You're absolutely right. Thank you for the correction!

I didn't mean to imply that demons are ignorant in comparison with us. They are much more intelligent than fallen human beings. One should never, never try to outsmart a demon.

But demons are ignorant in comparison with God. Our Lord always outsmarts the enemies. Whatever evil they might do, the Divine Providence converts it into a superior good.

And they are 'ignorant' in the original sense of the word: they chose to ignore the truth that serving God is the highest good.
Have just seen this thread and have nothing, at least nothing yet, to add to the very fine suggestions made here already. 

All I want to say now is that my wife and I will be praying for you, HeatherNoel. And may God grant you strength and fortitude ...