FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: BREAKING: Pope Benedict XVI says Church is ‘on the verge of capsizing’
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/pope-b...-capsizing

I think it's pretty obvious now .
(07-15-2017, 08:02 PM)Eric F Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/pope-b...-capsizing

It has been obvious for some time that Francis is a disaster, at least to those who are willing to see. Sadly, many refuse to see. Some refuse to see because they have such a poor understanding of papal infallibility that they blind themselves to the truth. Others refuse to see because they have vices they won't give up and want the moral decay of the world to infect the Church just as it has infected their own hearts.
But John Paul the Great told us:

“As the third millennium of the redemption draws near, God is preparing a great springtime for Christianity, and we can already see its first signs.” (Redemptoris Missio, 1990)

The Holy Spirit was bringing “a new springtime in the Church.” (  John Paul II,1998 remarks to pilgrims gathered in Rome for Pentecost)

(07-15-2017, 08:02 PM)Eric F Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/pope-b...-capsizing

Whoa. Thank you for posting this.
Whoopde freakin' do.

Are we going to lose our stuff when a bishop responds rhetorically to a question of crisis of Faith with the proverbial "does a bear crap in the woods?"
(07-15-2017, 11:19 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]Whoopde freakin' do.

Are we going to lose our stuff when a bishop responds rhetorically to a question of crisis of Faith with the proverbial "does a bear crap in the woods?"

Well, this does seem to me unprecedented for our great Pope Emeritus. It is hard not to read this as a direct criticism of the Pope ...! It will certainly be read like that, in any event, and Benedict XVI was certainly conscious that it would. He is no idiot. 

And the words capsizing are very ominous.

Personally this seems quite significant to me, indeed.

So I will repeat myself: Whoa.
(07-16-2017, 07:20 AM)Roger Buck Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-15-2017, 11:19 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]Whoopde freakin' do.

Well, this does seem to me unprecedented for our great Pope Emeritus. It is hard not to read this as a direct criticism of the Pope ...! It will certainly be read like that, in any event, and Benedict XVI was certainly conscious that it would. He is no idiot. 

And the words capsizing are very ominous.

Personally this seems quite significant to me, indeed.

So I will repeat myself: Whoa.

!!!RANT ALERT!!!

I guess I've seen so many of my fellow Catholic brothers and sisters clearly talk about the crisis in the Church that has been going on for the last century; to me when I read these words, I cannot help but be jaded and cynical.  "Thanks for finally deciding to get with the program Your Excellency. Too bad that you were never in a position to try and pilot the ship away from the tsunami...oh wait!"

Also it's not unprecedented. He has spoken up before despite saying that he was going to be "hidden" from the world during retirement. I don't see anything new here or shocking.  Frankly Ratzinger does not do anything to help the Church, he is part of the problem. He acts schizophrenic in regards to the Papacy. He happily abdicated according to him, but he will not give up the white cassock, nor the name of his monarchy. He also is not going gently into that night, as he said before. I think it's dangerous and schismatic. Francis is pope, whether we like it or not...the man is now Pope, and Benedict lurks in the shadows like some schismatic gargoyle, just waiting to step up and say "My bad!"...I wonder how many Catholics would flip overnight to side with Benedict over Francis.

I'm reading some comments on OnePeterFive, that both Benedict and St John Paul II knew the crisis was so deep that nothing could be done, except let the whole thing collapse and tell others to pray. Sorry but as a Millennial, my generation had to suffer so much because of the sins of the father...I cannot help but be simply bristled and angry at the inaction.  Lobs some heads off, use the Swiss Guard to simply execute anyone you think is wicked homo-Modernist...yeah a literal purge.

If it's that bad, why wouldn't you do everything in your power to clean up?  You let it just go up in flames?
"The house is on fire, oh gee we could try using the water buckets, or the baking soda, or the blankets...there's some TNT here.....nah...let's just let the whole thing burn up and leave the mess for the next guy to clean up."

I'm sorry but I'm tired of Ratzinger's publications and people reading into them as some sort of BBC message in Occupied France. I'm tired of lazy, inept, intellectual Catholics who want to just let the Bride continue to be raped and beaten to death by the enemies of Christ, because they want some sort of chastisement...who suffers and who benefits?

You think the monsters in the Church are going to be struck down and these keyboard warriors are going to be elevated like the "great Catholic monarch" TradCatKnight?  Nope, it's going to be some poor SOB like me and most everyone on here, who will not have a Mass to go to, or Sacraments to be obtained (good luck getting into Heaven, when you cannot get access to the Sacraments.  Oh sure we can kid ourselves that God will bend the rules...I'm sure going to feel comfortable about that if I'm breathing my last moments..."no Last Rites, no priest in sight, probably no Requiem Mass for my eternal soul...Oh well, things will look up."  Sorry as a former Protestant, been there, done that, got the I'm with Stupid Luther T-shirt.

Roger this is my general rant, shaking my fist in the sky, please do not take any of this as criticism towards you my friend.
I think the following passage from Benedict's message is even more significant:

Quote:"The Church stands in particularly pressing need of convincing shepherds who can resist the dictatorship of the spirit of the age and who live and think the faith with determination," 

Just think about it: whom or what did the person these words are said about just resist publicly?

Whatever or whomever Cdl. Meisner resisted, Benedict equated him/it with the "Dictatorship of the spirit of the age".
I guess I basically agree with austenboston.  Yawn. Joseph Ratzinger has been saying this sort of thing for decades now, it's more of the same old, same old. Yes the Roman Catholic Church is a mess and capsizing, but the mess was brought upon the church at the hands of the papacy.  The popes were who have taken it upon themselves to endlessly tinker with the Patrimony of the Church and to promote to positions of power false shepherds. 

While I am still a Catholic( and probably always will be, although throughly Eastern) I will go to my grave believing papal infallibility and primacy of jurisdiction are grave errors and part of the reason why the Latin Church is such a mess. When you make a deity out of a man and his office you open a Pandora's box that perhaps will never be closed. 

Dont get me wrong, I like Ratzinger for all the good that he has done and for many of his writings, but as pope he did very little ( at least from our vantage point) to stem the flow of decay within the Latin Church.
(07-16-2017, 08:19 AM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]You think the monsters in the Church are going to be struck down and these keyboard warriors are going to be elevated like the "great Catholic monarch" TradCatKnight?  Nope, it's going to be some poor SOB like me and most everyone on here, who will not have a Mass to go to, or Sacraments to be obtained (good luck getting into Heaven, when you cannot get access to the Sacraments.  Oh sure we can kid ourselves that God will bend the rules...I'm sure going to feel comfortable about that if I'm breathing my last moments..."no Last Rites, no priest in sight, probably no Requiem Mass for my eternal soul...Oh well, things will look up."  Sorry as a former Protestant, been there, done that, got the I'm with Stupid Luther T-shirt.

You can get to heaven without access to the sacraments if you are baptized, have perfect contrition and a desire for the Sacrament of Confession. 

From "fundamentals of Catholic Dogma" by Ludwig Ott:

Quote:2. Extra-Sacramental Justification through Perfect Contrition 

a) Perfect contrition bestows the grace of justification on the mortal sinner even before the actual reception of the Sacrament of Penance. (Sent. fidei proxima.)

The teaching of Baius that charity can co-exist with grievous sin (D I03I, 1070), and that perfect sorrow effects extra-sacramental justification only in the case of necessity and martyrdom, was rejected (D 1071).

b) Extra--sacramental justification is effected by perfect sorrow only when it is associated with the desire for the Sacrament (votum sacramenti). (De fide.)

By the votum sacramenti the subjective and the objective factor of the forgiveness of sins, the act of sorrow of the penitent and the Church's power of the keys are brought into connection with each other. The desire for the Sacrament is usually contained in perfect sorrow.
Pages: 1 2 3