FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: "Know also this, that in the last days shall come dangerous times."
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got this in my email and it really sums how I feel about how the world seems to be positioning itself these days.

We really need to pray, especially the Rosary!!

Z

Tribulation Times

READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEARhttp://oneyearbibleonline.com/july-oyb/?version=63&startmmdd=0101
July 17, 2017   

(2Ti 3:1-5) Know also this, that in the last days shall come dangerous times. Men shall be lovers of themselves, covetous, haughty, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, wicked, Without affection, without peace, slanderers, incontinent, unmerciful, without kindness, Traitors, stubborn, puffed up, and lovers of pleasure more than of God: Having an appearance indeed of godliness but denying the power thereof. Now these avoid. 

EXCERPT MESSAGE OF AKITA (10/13/73): "As I told you, if men do not repent and better themselves, the Father will inflict a terrible punishment on all humanity. It will be a punishment greater than the deluge, such as one will never seen before. Fire will fall from the sky and will wipe out a great part of humanity, the good as well as the bad, sparing neither priests nor faithful. The survivors will find themselves so desolate that they will envy the dead. The only arms which will remain for you will be the Rosary and the Sign left by My Son. Each day recite the prayers of the Rosary. With the Rosary, pray for the Pope, the bishops and priests."

"The work of the devil will infiltrate even into the Church in such a way that one will see cardinals opposing cardinals, bishops against bishops. The priests who venerate me will be scorned and opposed by their confreres...churches and altars sacked; the Church will be full of those who accept compromises and the demon will press many priests and consecrated souls to leave the service of the Lord.

"The demon will be especially implacable against souls consecrated to God. The thought of the loss of so many souls is the cause of my sadness. If sins increase in number and gravity, there will be no longer pardon for them."

BLOG“History has NOT always been like this. It has never been this bad.”

MORE: 
A MESSAGE FOR OUR TIMES:  Our Lady of Good Success

EMERITUS POPE BENEDICT XVIChurch Is ‘on the Verge of Capsizing’ [this was posted here in this forum by another member, but it, by being mentioned in the email, only emphasizes the importance of that post]
So forcefully pray the rosary or risk total worldwide annihilation that is even more unimaginably destructive than the great deluge?
(07-17-2017, 01:08 AM)Sequentia Wrote: [ -> ]So forcefully pray the rosary or risk total worldwide annihilation that is even more unimaginably destructive than the great deluge?

Yes. One is not 'forced' to do anything 'in faith', but if someone is telling you that you are about to be hit by a bus and all you need do is to do 'something' that will put you in safety, I guess its a matter of personal opinion if that would be forcing you to do the right thing...if I get your question right.

If I am taking your question in the wrong way, then yes as well, we must 'force' ourselves to get into the habit of praying the Rosary for the sake of our world in general. That would be an obvious conclusion to me.

Akita, (like La Sallette) are Apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary that are mirrors in content to Fatima in many ways. I have heard it said that the (true) Third Secret of Fatima was contained in the other site's messages.
Worse than the deluge? Really? I can't help but thinking of God's covenant with Noe: "And the Lord smelled a sweet savour; and the Lord said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done."
(07-17-2017, 03:35 PM)Florus Wrote: [ -> ]Worse than the deluge? Really? I can't help but thinking of God's covenant with Noe: "And the Lord smelled a sweet savour; and the Lord said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done."

Well you have a point, but I think it is blunt, because that is a promise under the 'old' Covenant, which the Jews invalidated with their apostasy.

Listen to the words of the Savior in the New Testament:

Quote:Matt. 24:21 for there will be distress then such as has not been since the beginning of the world, and can never be again. 22 There would have been no hope left for any human creature, if the number of those days had not been cut short; but those days will be cut short, for the sake of the elect.

and...

Matt. 24:Matt. 24:29 Immediately after the distress of those days, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will refuse her light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of heaven will rock;

Something worse than anything since the beginning of the world sorta trumps the flood, in MHO.
Reading about the lifes of the children of Fatima motivated me much more to pray the daily Rosary that the actual content of the message. Private revelations are fallible.

But if three ordinary children encounter Our Lady and afterwards spend their whole life praying Rosaries and offering up their sufferings, instinctively, inflamed by Divine love, this is an strong indication that we are supposed to do the same. And if we fail to achieve this level of holiness, at least we should consider one Rosary per day the bare minimum (or a an equivalent practice).
(07-18-2017, 02:55 AM)JosefSilouan Wrote: [ -> ]Reading about the lifes of the children of Fatima motivated me much more to pray the daily Rosary that the actual content of the message. Private revelations are fallible.

But if three ordinary children encounter Our Lady and afterwards spend their whole life praying Rosaries and offering up their sufferings, instinctively, inflamed by Divine love, this is an strong indication that we are supposed to do the same. And if we fail to achieve this level of holiness, at least we should consider one Rosary per day the bare minimum (or a an equivalent practice).

Father Ripperger has a good theory on the Rosary. From what I recall, he says that in order to satisfy divine justice we should spend at least 15-20 minutes per day in prayer. Which, when you really think about it is practically nothing. Sadly, many of us are guilty of not even doing that. Most men do not know how to meditate in a good way or to pray at all in such a way. The Rosary a perfect prayer to call upon Our Lady, meditate on Our Lord's life, and spend that 20 minutes in prayer to satisfy divine justice. Of course, there's also charity which should compel us to pray even longer than that, but it's a start.

It's funny how many people hoot and holler about having to pray the Rosary when it takes up maybe 2% of your entire day. Then again, I should look at myself who has trouble praying it each day as well. I think the main goal is to get into the habit of praying it regardless of anything else in your life. Whether you're in a state of sin or grace. Whether you're busy or not. Whether good things are happening or bad. A person will either get into the habit of praying the Rosary every day and stop sinning or will not pray the Rosary and continue their life of sin. I know some people say that prayers are ineffective when you're in a state of mortal sin, but even still one should pray for mercy, to make an act of contrition and to pray to Our Lady to help us get over our vices and sinfulness and for each Rosary that we pray to help us achieve that end.
(07-18-2017, 02:55 AM)JosefSilouan Wrote: [ -> ]Reading about the lifes of the children of Fatima motivated me much more to pray the daily Rosary that the actual content of the message. Private revelations are fallible.

Father Ripperger has a good theory on the Rosary. From what I recall, he says that in order to satisfy divine justice we should spend at least 15-20 minutes per day in prayer. Which, when you really think about it is practically nothing. Sadly, many of us are guilty of not even doing that. Most men do not know how to meditate in a good way or to pray at all in such a way. The Rosary a perfect prayer to call upon Our Lady, meditate on Our Lord's life, and spend that 20 minutes in prayer to satisfy divine justice. Of course, there's also charity which should compel us to pray even longer than that, but it's a start.

It's funny how many people hoot and holler about having to pray the Rosary when it takes up maybe 2% of your entire day. Then again, I should look at myself who has trouble praying it each day as well. I think the main goal is to get into the habit of praying it regardless of anything else in your life. Whether you're in a state of sin or grace. Whether you're busy or not. Whether good things are happening or bad. A person will either get into the habit of praying the Rosary every day and stop sinning or will not pray the Rosary and continue their life of sin. I know some people say that prayers are ineffective when you're in a state of mortal sin, but even still one should pray for mercy, to make an act of contrition and to pray to Our Lady to help us get over our vices and sinfulness and for each Rosary that we pray to help us achieve that end.
[/quote]
I pray the Rosary every weekday driving home from work. I was driving and figured that I spend an hour in the car every day driving to and from work. The drive is easy, not too many vehicles or distractions, so I figured I should use that time to pray the Rosary. It's not perfect, but it ensures I pray it 5/7 times a week.

Obviously I need to pray more, but I'm glad I'm able to do just that. There are so many benefits and graces I receive from just doing a simple Rosary half-focused. Its so subtle you can miss it, but when I pray, my temptations for lust decrease voraciously! Whenever I have to go to Confession for sins against chastity, I can always say to myself..."yep, the time I started to slip, was when I ceased praying."

Thanks for the info about Fr. Rippenger, its nice to know I am satisfying something.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
(07-18-2017, 10:14 AM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]I pray the Rosary every weekday driving home from work. I was driving and figured that I spend an hour in the car every day driving to and from work.  The drive is easy, not too many vehicles or distractions, so I figured I should use that time to pray the Rosary.  It's not perfect, but it ensures I pray it 5/7 times a week. 

I too practice this regimen. I pray the Rosary every time I get behind the wheel, so much so that I hardly ever turn on the car stereo or radio. My goal is to say all three sets of mysteries and the Rosary of the Seven Sorrows, followed by the Divine Mercy Chaplet. If I am not traveling that far, I try to say the Seven Sorrows and the two (mine and my deceased wife's) decades I got from the Living Rosary Association, tears ago, as daily recitations, as my basic prayers. Being in a rural area, with everything seemingly 15 miles one way from my home, I get the opportunity for prayer all the time.

It is a good habit to get into and you'd be amazed how many times you end up noticing how things in the traffic situations, more frequently, go your way.