FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Chief Exorcist Father Amorth: Padre Pio Knew The Third Secret
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(08-08-2017, 02:24 PM)GangGreen Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-08-2017, 01:50 PM)LaudeturIesus Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2017, 01:48 AM)DJR Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2017, 02:57 AM)charlesh Wrote: [ -> ] I would prefer that he would have said something on record against the new Mass for the benefit of the rest of us. 

But can anyone supply an unequivocal repudiation of the new Mass by Padre Pio? 

Padre Pio died in September 1968.  The New Mass was not promulgated until April 1969. 

I would venture a guess that the reason Padre Pio did not repudiate the New Mass is due to the fact that it was not promulgated until after he died.

St. Pio knew about the new Order of the Mass, because the first revised Masses were offered in 1967. Somebody told St. Pio that he would have to offer an experimental revised Mass in the vernacular; he subsequently asked Pope Paul VI to be dispensed to continue to offer the Mass of St. Pius V.

There was also the 1965 Missal which had a lot of vernacular and even versus populum for the Liturgy of the Word. However, that Mass would have at least been familiar to any Catholic who saw it.

Depends on where a person lived as to the rapidity of the changes.  If the clergy were "progressive" in one's venue, the changes in 1965 went beyond the above.

By 1966, early '67, the Mass at the local Roman parish where I lived had Mass 100% in the vernacular, with the priest facing the people for the entire Mass.  Holy Communion was received while standing.

The next parish over, built in 1964, did not have a tabernacle on the altar.  It was in a little side chapel.
Pages: 1 2 3