FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Trouble loving God!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really messed up today! Last night I was angry and I knew that if this kept up I would sin mortally in the morning, I tried praying and asking God to help me but I couldn't do it, and in the morning, I sinned mortally. I'm in a lot of turmoil now, I've made a lot of mistakes throughout the day, and I can't think straight. I struggle a lot with scrupulosity and it's not the fear of hell I struggle with, (in fact, I might not have enough fear of hell) it's just that, I don't want to sin, and I try really hard to think about how my sin offends God, but clearly not enough or I would be having this problem. What should I do? How do I obtain a filial fear of the Lord? And how do I stop sinning, and avoid these situations where I know I'm in trouble and can listen to God and stop it? I really want to be free of this all!
Herein lies the problem with scrupulosity and why the devil employs it against people who are trying very hard to please God; if you distort the view of God into someone who is paying close attention to all of your actions and thus you need to be concerned about whether or not something was mortal or venial, etc, oh and you should go to Confession just to make sure, etc...you have no time to see God as the God of Love who gave Himself up for you and continues to offer Himself to you in Holy Communion when you're in a state of grace.

Practice acts of love. Meditate in front of a crucifix. Make frequent aspirations and ejaculations of love. Throw yourself wholeheartedly into your positive relationships. Let love overtake fear.
(08-08-2017, 08:44 PM)MaryLover Wrote: [ -> ]I really messed up today! Last night I was angry and I knew that if this kept up I would sin mortally in the morning, I tried praying and asking God to help me but I couldn't do it, and in the morning, I sinned mortally. I'm in a lot of turmoil now, I've made a lot of mistakes throughout the day, and I can't think straight. I struggle a lot with scrupulosity and it's not the fear of hell I struggle with, (in fact, I might not have enough fear of hell) it's just that, I don't want to sin, and I try really hard to think about how my sin offends God, but clearly not enough or I would be having this problem. What should I do? How do I obtain a filial fear of the Lord? And how do I stop sinning, and avoid these situations where I know I'm in trouble and can listen to God and stop it? I really want to be free of this all!

All sin separates us from God's graces.  Don't worry about failing.  We all do.  The point is to grow in holiness each day. Before long you will lose your desire to sin because you love God, rather than fear His punishment.