FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The depths to which we have fallen!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know most Fishies are probably not following political machinations in the UK, but there is a very real possibility that the next Leader of the Conservative Party, and possibly Prime Minister, will be Jacob Reese-Mogg, who is a Traditional Catholic and has publicly stated his absolute opposition to abortion in all cases and same sex 'marriage'.

However, the reason for this thread is a comment I just saw on a Facebook thread regarding his positions. I'm not making this up! A commenter said, 'Im a catholic but I dont beleive in God,.its not mutually exclusive.' (Typos in the original)

This is the state of the modern Church in the Western world. This person probably receives regularly!
Jovan, that is absolutely the most ridiculous thing I've ever read!  Wow . . .
(09-06-2017, 11:53 AM)Fontevrault Wrote: [ -> ]Jovan, that is absolutely the most ridiculous thing I've ever read!  Wow . . .

Poor dumb bastard doesn't realize the depths of his incredible stupidity.
(09-06-2017, 06:32 PM)Ueaustenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-06-2017, 11:53 AM)Fontevrault Wrote: [ -> ]Jovan, that is absolutely the most ridiculous thing I've ever read!  Wow . . .

But it's not mutually exclusive. Mass is about feeling good, and provides opportunities for networking, and having a sense of belonging with the other families in your community.  Not to mention, the music is uplifting and provides a good vibe.  And if the sermon is not focused on dark issues like death and judgement, Its like a free therapy session and helps put lifes problems in perspective. Trads need to start accentuating the positive. So Gloomy.
(09-06-2017, 08:21 PM)The Tax Collector Wrote: [ -> ]

But it's not mutually exclusive. Mass is about feeling good, and provides opportunities for networking, and having a sense of belonging with the other families in your community.  Not to mention, the music is uplifting and provides a good vibe.  And if the sermon is not focused on dark issues like death and judgement, Its like a free therapy session and helps put lifes problems in perspective. Trads need to start accentuating the positive. So Gloomy.

*tokes real deep while wearing Birkenstocks and tie dye, and not having washed in 2 weeks*

Like, finally, you're getting the idea, maaaaannn!!!

Jeeter
(09-06-2017, 08:21 PM)The Tax Collector Wrote: [ -> ]

*tokes real deep while wearing Birkenstocks and tie dye, and not having washed in 2 weeks*

Like, finally, you're getting the idea, maaaaannn!!!

Just to help clarify my understanding, this is a separate person saying he's an atheist yet carries the Catholic label (of the traditional cloth?) and not Reese-Mogg?
(09-06-2017, 10:34 PM)GRA Wrote: [ -> ]Just to help clarify my understanding, this is a separate person saying he's an atheist yet carries the Catholic label (of the traditional cloth?) and not Reese-Mogg?

The person who made the statement was commenting on an article about Rees-Mogg's positions. I've no idea whether he's a traditionalist or not, but Rees-Mogg definitely is.