FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: 17th century letter written by the devil is finally translated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is interesting.  

A coded 17th century letter written by a nun who was possessed by the devil has finally been translated.  A group of Italian computer scientists have used decription software they found on the dark web and have found that it does contain a coherent message.

The 31 year old nun (Sister Maria) allegedly wrote the letter in 1676, at the age of 31.  She awoke one morning covered in ink with a mysterious letter in front of her, stating the devil had possessed her and forced her to write it.  

Apparently Sister Naria was very adept at linguistics (so the article says), and scientists assume it is a letter of her own creation as a result of bipolar disorder.  

Satanic Letter Decoded
Interesting how it goes from God's system doesn't work to God is invented by man.
Yes, we're getting a mixed message from the mixed message.  :D 

Now if someone can only decode church ministers who speak lots and say nothing firmly at the same time.
Funny the software to translate different classical alphabet characters have to come from the "Dark Web".

Frankly it reads as though the modern scientists are correct, written by someone with serious mental disturbances, instead of being possessed. Then again Satan is the "father of all lies." So it could be truly from the demonic.
(09-12-2017, 03:18 PM)Raustenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]Funny the software to translate different classical alphabet characters have to come from the "Dark Web".

Frankly it reads as though the modern scientists are correct, written by someone with serious mental disturbances, instead of being possessed. Then again Satan is the "father of all lies." So it could be truly from the demonic.
It does sound reasonable that she wrote it herself. The only thing I find interesting is that the Vatican, who would have had amongst the best linguistics experts for the better part of the last 350 years, could not decipher the work of a 31 year old nun.  That is impressive work.
A couple of thoughts. The article says:

Quote:They say the letter is rambling and not entirely consistent and understandable.

I would think that Satan would be entirely 'consistent and understandable' since he does possess angelic intelligence. And, I find it difficult to believe that, if Satan were to go to the trouble of possessing a nun to write a letter, that he would write it in such a way that it would be untranslatable for centuries.
(09-12-2017, 05:10 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]A couple of thoughts. The article says:

Quote:They say the letter is rambling and not entirely consistent and understandable.

I would think that Satan would be entirely 'consistent and understandable' since he does possess angelic intelligence. And, I find it difficult to believe that, if Satan were to go to the trouble of possessing a nun to write a letter, that he would write it in such a way that it would be untranslatable for centuries.

Satan is the "Author of confusion", consistent and understandable is one thing he's definitely not.