FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: 10 faithful Catholics in Sodom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today I was reading the story of Sodom and Gomorrha in my Bible, which, by the way is something I encourage people to read and meditate upon. There are a lot of interesting thing in Genesis chaps. 13 to 19, that are very applicable to are day and age. Anyways, I came to the Abraham was pressing God as to whether or not God would be willing to spare Sodom and Gomorrha for the sake of X-number-of good people in Sodom? I already knew, having read these passages plenty of times before, that God said He would only spare Sodom and Gomorrha for the sake of 10 people. But when I got the part where Abraham asked if God would spare Sodom and Gomorrha for the sake of 10, I stopped as I suddenly drew to mind a recent Vortex by Michael Voris in which he claims that there are only an estimated 10% of faithful Catholics in the US:

This makes me wonder -assuming these estimations are accurate- if, considering the fact that we all now live in Sodom and Gomorrha. These estimations are, at the very least, a sign of things to come?
I remember visiting the Trappists many years ago. they are a contemplative community. They said that an important part of their mission of prayer is to be those 10 faithful Catholics who would prevent another Sodom and Gomorrah event.
(09-20-2017, 11:48 PM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]I remember visiting the Trappists many years ago. they are a contemplative community. They said that an important part of their mission of prayer is to be those 10 faithful Catholics who would prevent another Sodom and Gomorrah event.

Dare I ask, what the state of the Trappists are now?
(09-21-2017, 09:28 PM)MaryLover Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-20-2017, 11:48 PM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]I remember visiting the Trappists many years ago. they are a contemplative community. They said that an important part of their mission of prayer is to be those 10 faithful Catholics who would prevent another Sodom and Gomorrah event.

Dare I ask, what the state of the Trappists are now?

Maybe we should pray for them.