FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: BREAKING: 62 scholars correct Pope Francis for ‘propagating heresies’
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
ROME, September 23, 2017 (LifeSiteNews) –  Expressing “profound grief” and “filial devotion,” Catholic clergy and lay scholars from around the world have issued what they are calling a “Filial Correction” to Pope Francis for “propagating heresy.”

The Filial Correction, in the form of a 25-page letter, bears the signatures of sixty-two Catholic academics, researchers, and scholars in various fields from twenty countries. They assert that Pope Francis has supported heretical positions about marriage, the moral life, and the Eucharist that are causing a host of “heresies and other errors” to spread throughout the Catholic Church. https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/breaki...g-heresies

The 62 signers http://www.correctiofilialis.org/signatories/ 

This is good news !
There are some heavy hitters in that list of signatories!
                                          This is beginning to receive mainstream coverage.

Conservative Catholics accuse pope of spreading heresy http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/09/23/...eresy.html

It's about time.......Maybe this will get Cardinal Burke to issue his. In some circles, this correctio is already being played down based on the messengers/signers rather than the content....Of course the pope will ignore it because he knows he is spreading heresy under the guise of false mercy.

It's the purest form of hate to confirm/affirm someone in their sins (adulterers).

I detect a serious schism coming.
                                             We're pretty much quietly in schism  already. Just compare what Bishops are teaching from one diocese to another. Bishop Schneider is talking about the very real possibility of people going to Hell if they follow false teachings, while Cardinal Cupich is inviting practicing homosexuals to come to communion.
It's interesting to watch but in the RCC the popes word is law, period, close the book.  Unless some pope changes tack in the future this is mostly symbolic or a death sentence for the ecclesiastical careers of those who signed it who are not already in the farthest hinterlands of the institutional Church such as SSPX figures whose connection to the mainstream institution are already tenuous at best.  

I'll say it again, Ultramontanism writ large is THE fatal flaw in modern Catholicism. That the ecclesiastical world literally revolves around one man and his desires is tragic. 

There could be a million signatures but it is mostly to assuage the consciences of the signers,as there is nothing that is going to change.  In the RCC there is no consensus or Sobornost, it's all about one man and his nearly unlimited powers.  

Stuff like this confirms for me just why ultramontanism and the papacy are that problem and not the solution. Either unlimited ultramontanism needs to be rethought or revisited or the RCC is going to slide into the dustbin of history.  it's time to revisit Haec Sancta and the Council of Constance.
Perhaps the most significant signee is

H.E. Mgr Bernard Fellay
Superior General of the SSPX

Isn't he the bishop who is supposed to have agreed a reconciliation between the PRIESTLY SSPX and Rome about ten times in the past few years?

Isn't he the bishop that the RESISTANCE have said is a traitor?

How many souls have the Resistance lured out of daily Mass etc, in a consecrated church into a hotel room on a Sunday on the basis that Bishop Fellay is at one with Rome under Pope Francis?

I imagine after this letter there will be red faces among the Resistance.

Any Resistance signees?
(09-24-2017, 09:18 AM)Asperges me Wrote: [ -> ]It's about time.......Maybe this will get Cardinal Burke to issue his. In some circles, this correctio is already being played down based on the messengers/signers rather than the content....Of course the pope will ignore it because he knows he is spreading heresy under the guise of false mercy.

It's the purest form of hate to confirm/affirm someone in their sins (adulterers).

I detect a serious schism coming.

Perfectly right. Without attempting to deviate, I want to recall this tragedy.

The consumeristic Catholic Church in Malta not only hindered this couple from re-uniting (from information obtained some priests even encouraged the split) but one of the partners is now living in flagrant adultery, "blessed" by the parish of another town with preferential treatment (will not enter into specifics so as not to reveal the identity of the victim, in particular the children).

What is worse, a priest who is also an exorcist (provided that a novus ordo priest can function as an exorcist) is encouraging and assisting the person in adultery to obtain annulment from the legitimate spouse.

Rumour has it that it is aimed at targeting the victim who was involved a lot in traditional Catholic circles. Mercy, my foot!

Concluding, although it is welcome news, it might simply be not enough, and definitely too late in cases such as the one I mentioned.
[/url][url=http://pro-tridentina-malta.blogspot.com.mt/2015/03/call-to-prayer-for-maltese-family.html]
(09-24-2017, 12:17 PM)cassini Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps the most significant signee is

H.E. Mgr Bernard Fellay
Superior General of the SSPX

Isn't he the bishop who is supposed to have agreed a reconciliation between the PRIESTLY SSPX and Rome about ten times in the past few years?

Isn't he the bishop that the RESISTANCE have said is a traitor?

How many souls have the Resistance lured out of daily Mass etc, in a consecrated church into a hotel room on a Sunday on the basis that Bishop Fellay is at one with Rome under Pope Francis?

I imagine after this letter there will be red faces among the Resistance.

Any Resistance signees?

Fr. Z reports that Bishop Fellay found out about the document after it had been given to the Pope, but signed it on behalf of the whole SSPX when he was informed about it.

Sadly, I am sure those "Resistance" folks will say this is yet more evidence that the SSPX is "cozying up" to the Novus Ordo, joining with so many mainstream clergy, or this is "just a guise" to assuage people to think that the SSPX is still resisting the Pope, when really they signed a deal five years back and are "hiding it".

I asked a friend who frequents one of their main US-based forums (for entertainment and to keep the SSPX priests apprised of what troubles may be coming down the pike for them from these folks). Oddly enough the correctio is not mentioned, but there is apparently ongoing debate about whether the earth is flat, some apparently asserting such is de fide ...

What a "lío."
Rorate Caeli has addressed what some people will undoubtedly say after this.

RORATE Note: There will many Catholics, even traditionalists, whose first defeatist reaction will be to belittle this effort. But the wise, the learned in history, will understand that this is just the first part, the first piece of the puzzle, with next steps still to come in a long and extended process.

This first step is an initiative of a theological nature that will likely lead, God willing, to an initiative of a canonical nature from those who have the mandate to act. And so it begins:
Pages: 1 2 3 4