FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Cardinal Ouellet denounces ‘alarmist’ interpretations of Amoris Laetitia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
'The Canadian cardinal, who serves as the Vatican’s prefect of the Congregation for Bishops,...' Well, I guess we know what sort of 'Catholics' he will be promoting as Bishops!

Quote:Cardinal Marc Ouellet denounced the “alarmist” and “unfaithful” interpretations of the Pope Francis’ apostolic exhortation on the family, “Amoris Laetitia.”
“Any alarmist interpretation” that says the document is “a break with tradition,” or a “permissive interpretation that celebrates access to the sacraments” for the divorced and remarried is “unfaithful to the text and to the intentions of the supreme pontiff,” said Cardinal Ouellet.

I would like to ask His Eminence, if the highlighted statement is true, why has the Holy Father not silenced or disciplined the Bishops of Malta, and others who have definitely and publicly interpreted 'Amoris Laetitia' as a “a break with tradition,” (and with) a “permissive interpretation that celebrates access to the sacraments” for the divorced and remarried, or, at the very least, wagged the 'naughty' finger at them?

Read the entire article on The Catholic Herald.
I am being perfectly serious when I ask,

Do these prelates think we are just dumb?

The revolutionary progressivist popes and bishops break with Tradition. Everybody can see it. There are even boasts of it by the purveyors.

But then the damage control prelates come in to try and convince us, 

"Nothing has changed!"

"Don't believe your lying eyes."

Gaslighting. Recognize it.
They at least seem to believe that we are totally unaware of anything outside our own Parish or Diocese. If that were true, I'd be a happy camper since I live in the Diocese of Lincoln. Unfortunately for them, however, I can read, think logically, and I have access to many. many news sources they can neither control nor influence.
What's sad was Cdl. Ouellet was considered a darling by the trads and conservative Catholics. Looks like they got duped.
(09-27-2017, 09:37 PM)Iaustenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]What's sad was Cdl. Ouellet was considered a darling by the trads and conservative Catholics.  Looks like they got duped.

Yes, he and Cardinal Turkson were the conservative frontronners in the early days. In Canada, it was reported that Cardinal Oulette was sick at the thought of being elected pope. He is an enigma like Benedict was, deeply conservative in doctrine, but strongly influenced by Von Balthasar. 

Either way, somedays the bishops remind me of the left wing and media elite,  they have been speaking into an echo chamber for so long, the truth is out of focus.  The reality must be so difficult to grasp, it's easier simply to rationalize issues to a more palatable flavor, like someone exposed to systematic abuse.  Their election night shock, when it comes, will be every bit as devastating.