FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: An Anniversary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thirty seven years ago today, the Feast of St Wencelaus/Sv. Vaclav, 1980, in Holy Savior Church, Wichita, KS, I stood before Fr (later Msgr) William Carr (R+I+P), recited the Creed in the Western form, and promised fidelity to the Pope. I was a Catholic! Since I had already received the Mystery of Chrismation in the Orthodox Church, I did not need to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. This irritated a friend, another convert, because she had been a protestant, who was still waiting to be confirmed.

After 37 years of study of the theology and history of the Church, I still have a lot to learn, but I look forward to learning it. And, after 37 years of increasing frustration with what is going on in the Church, I can still say that that day was one of the happiest of my life. I have never regretted the decision to become a Catholic and I always give thanks to Our Blessed Mother, my Guardian Angel, and my Patrons for finally leading me home!

Deo gratias et laus Deo!
Happy Anniversary, Jovan!  :D
:) :) :)
Happy anniversary!