FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: ‘Amoris Laetitia’ is built on traditional Thomist morality, Pope says
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Exactly how stupid does he think people are? Does he seriously think that the four Eminent Cardinals, or the Signatories of the Filial Correction didn't read it? And I'm not sure what sort of 'Thomism' he's talking about. I have serious doubts whether the Angelic Doctor would recognise it!

Quote:“In order to understand ‘Amoris Laetitia,’ you must read it from the beginning to the end,” reading each chapter in order, reading what got said during the synods of bishops on the family in 2014 and 2015, and reflecting on all of it, he said.

To those who maintain that the morality underlying the document is not “a Catholic morality” or a morality that can be certain or sure, “I want to repeat clearly that the morality of ‘Amoris Laetitia’ is Thomist,” that is, built on the moral philosophy of St. Thomas Aquinas, he said.

Read the entire article on The Catholic Herald.
(09-29-2017, 03:32 PM)Jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:“In order to understand ‘Amoris Laetitia,’ you must read it from the beginning to the end,” reading each chapter in order, reading what got said during the synods of bishops on the family in 2014 and 2015, and reflecting on all of it, he said.

To those who maintain that the morality underlying the document is not “a Catholic morality” or a morality that can be certain or sure, “I want to repeat clearly that the morality of ‘Amoris Laetitia’ is Thomist,” that is, built on the moral philosophy of St. Thomas Aquinas, he said.

Read the entire article on The Catholic Herald.
Well, that's a relief! I feel better now knowing it's Thomist. This should calm everyone down and clear up the ambiguities.