FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Anyone here, fast on Saturday in honour of Our Lady?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,
I was just wondering if anyone here, with a Marian Devotion fast on Saturdays in honour of her? I've heard that Saint Alphonsus de Ligouri did this, I'm not sure how common it is.
(09-29-2017, 10:09 PM)MaryLover Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
I was just wondering if anyone here, with a Marian Devotion fast on Saturday in honour of her? I've heard that Saint Alphonsus de Ligouri did this, I'm not sure how common it is.

I abstain from meats on Saturday (and Wednesday), but I have a hard enough time fasting on Friday.  I struggle with fasting.
(09-30-2017, 12:26 AM)The Tax Collector Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2017, 10:09 PM)MaryLover Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
I was just wondering if anyone here, with a Marian Devotion fast on Saturday in honour of her? I've heard that Saint Alphonsus de Ligouri did this, I'm not sure how common it is.

I abstain from meats on Saturday (and Wednesday), but I have a hard enough time fasting on Friday.  I struggle with fasting.

I barely manage to remember to abstain on Fridays. Good thing its no longer compulsory in the US, or perhaps bad. I'm just really bad about remembering it.
I fast and abstain on Wednesdays and Fridays. I've heard that religious communities tend to "take the day off" on Saturdays, idk if this is true. I generally try to go to confession on Saturdays and to pray more, but otherwise I try to take it easy.
I fasted today.
I forgot.  sad Was it an Ember day?
(10-01-2017, 07:45 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: [ -> ]I forgot.  sad Was it an Ember day?

No, no, it's just that, there is this practice of fasting on Saturdays, in honour of Mary. I don't know much about, and it appears to be quite rare, in fact, I've only heard of St. Alphonsus doing it.
Ember days were last week
(10-01-2017, 11:14 AM)MaryLover Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2017, 07:45 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: [ -> ]I forgot.  sad Was it an Ember day?

No, no, it's just that, there is this practice of fasting on Saturdays, in honour of Mary. I don't know much about, and it appears to be quite rare, in fact, I've only heard of St. Alphonsus doing it.

Well, there is the Sabbatine Privelige, which consists of early liberation from purgatory through the intercession of the Blessed Mother for all those who abstain from meats on Wednesday and Saturday, (amongst other requirements) available for those who are invested in the Brown Scapular devotion.
(10-01-2017, 12:02 PM)The Tax Collector Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2017, 11:14 AM)MaryLover Wrote: [ -> ]

Well, there is the Sabbatine Privelige, which consists of early liberation from purgatory through the intercession of the Blessed Mother for all those who abstain from meats on Wednesday and Saturday, (amongst other requirements) available for those who are invested in the Brown Scapular devotion.

Right, but that fasting part is a new one on me. Never heard of that.
Pages: 1 2