FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Prominent Southern Baptist "Pastor" says Satan Created Catholicism
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(10-23-2017, 02:52 PM)prostrateinawe Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps the RCC needs to look as what really spurned Luther, Calvin, and the other Reformers on.  Maybe she needs to do some soul searching. Perhaps then she will understand the wrath that lingers in the veins of the Protestants, a wrath handed down by their forebears who had been trampled underfoot by the princes and lords of the Church. 

There's a world of difference between reforming something that truly needs to be reformed and cleaning up abuse, and starting one's own religion.

Quote:Indeed, Holy Mother Church is the mother of many, many churches.  

Sounds like they ran away from home to me.

Quote:Are her Protestant daughters abominations?  Have they prostituted themselves from the true faith?  

Yes.
Quote:"The name written on her forehead was a mystery: babylon the great, the mother of prostitutes and of the abominations of the earth."

Are you calling the Catholic Church the Whore of Babylon?

Quote:...the Roman Catholic Church.  His Church is simply another daughter of the RCC.

Also, this brings up another question I have been meaning to ask, does anyone know why Protestants (I am not saying you are a Protestant), especially the super-evangelical ones, always refer to the Catholic Church as The Roman (there is always a lot of emphasis on this part of it)  Catholic Church or just RCC?
(10-23-2017, 02:52 PM)prostrateinawe Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed, Holy Mother Church is the mother of many, many churches. 

The True Church is only the mother of heretical offshoots in the same way that a severed limb belongs to a human body. It may share some characteristics, but there's no real and thriving connection between the two.
(10-23-2017, 03:10 PM)Justin Alphonsus Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:"The name written on her forehead was a mystery: babylon the great, the mother of prostitutes and of the abominations of the earth."

Are you calling the Catholic Church the Whore of Babylon?

Quote:...the Roman Catholic Church.  His Church is simply another daughter of the RCC.

Also, this brings up another question I have been meaning to ask, does anyone know why Protestants (I am not saying you are a Protestant), especially the super-evangelical ones, always refer to the Catholic Church as The Roman (there is always a lot of emphasis on this part of it)  Catholic Church or just RCC?

Well, the Orthodox and the Oriental Churches are also Catholic but they did not spawn the Reformation.

I am not saying that the RCC is.  I am merely saying that there is reason to pause before throwing stones.  Also, to help all the RCC folk understand from a Protestant viewpoint:  For a fuller reading:

"Then one of the seven angels who were holding the seven bowls came and said to me, “Come here. I will show you the judgment on the great harlot who lives near the many waters. The kings of the earth have had intercourse with her, and the inhabitants of the earth became drunk on the wine of her harlotry.”  Then he carried me away in spirit to a deserted place where I saw a woman seated on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names, with seven heads and ten horns. The woman was wearing purple and scarlet and adorned with gold, precious stones, and pearls. She held in her hand a gold cup that was filled with the abominable and sordid deeds of her harlotry.  On her forehead was written a name, which is a mystery, “Babylon the great, the mother of harlots and of the abominations of the earth.”  I saw that the woman was drunk on the blood of the holy ones and on the blood of the witnesses to Jesus."

If you see what they see, you will see, there is one Church that calls herself "Mother".  There is one Church who played at politics throughout Europe supporting Kings and Queens while bringing others down.  There is one Church who caused thousands upon thousands of Protestants to go to their death.  There is one Church whose princes are arrayed in Scarlet and Purple.  There is one Church that claims as her own those of many nations or "waters" (unlike the Orthodox who still tend to be national Churches).  There is one Church who led the drunken debauchery that was Europe after the beginning of the Reformation.  There is one Church that is rich in gold and precious stones like no other.  

I am not making any judgment calls.  I am simply trying to help one side see another side's point of view.
(10-23-2017, 03:15 PM)In His Love Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2017, 02:52 PM)prostrateinawe Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed, Holy Mother Church is the mother of many, many churches. 

The True Church is only the mother of heretical offshoots in the same way that a severed limb belongs to a human body. It may share some characteristics, but there's no real and thriving connection between the two.

Indeed! Since She is Mater et Magistra, any 'church' that rejects Her teachings is no true church, but a conventicle inspired by Satan, and needs to return to its Mother in order for its members to be saved.
(10-23-2017, 03:29 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]

Indeed! Since She is Mater et Magistra, any 'church' that rejects Her teachings is no true church, but a conventicle inspired by Satan, and needs to return to its Mother in order for its members to be saved.

Yeah, Jovan, that is really going to do a lot of good in bringing the Protestants back into the fold.  Keep beating them over the head.
(10-23-2017, 02:52 PM)prostrateinawe Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, this Pastor doesn't realize that Southern Baptist's are in fact the fruit of the Roman Catholic Church, in fact all Protestant churches are the fruit, the daughters, of the Roman Catholic Church.  His Church is simply another daughter of the RCC.

And we must judge the tree by its fruit.  (33,000 fruits some say)

Perhaps the RCC needs to look as what really spurned Luther, Calvin, and the other Reformers on.  Maybe she needs to do some soul searching. Perhaps then she will understand the wrath that lingers in the veins of the Protestants, a wrath handed down by their forebears who had been trampled underfoot by the princes and lords of the Church. 

Scripture speaks of the political and temporal power grabs, the focus on wealth, the abuses of office.

"Fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath."

"You know how the leaders of the Gentiles lord it over them.  It shall not be so among you."

Indeed, Holy Mother Church is the mother of many, many churches.  Are her Protestant daughters abominations?  Have they prostituted themselves from the true faith?  

"The name written on her forehead was a mystery: babylon the great, the mother of prostitutes and of the abominations of the earth."

Let's be not quick to throw stones.

PREOSTRATEINAWE

It is a falsehood to say the Catholic Church gave birth to Protestant sects.  

The Catholic Church is certainly not Mystery Babylon, and to suggest so is blasphemy.  

It is the Church of the Bible and the only one Christ founded:

Pope St. Clement I, A.D. 88-97: "Heretical teachers pervert Scripture and try to get into Heaven with a false key, for they have formed their human assemblies later than the Catholic Church.  From this previously-existing and most true Church, it is very clear that these later heresies, and others which have come into being since then, are counterfeit and novel inventions." (Epistle to the Corinthians). *St. Paul mentions Clement in Philippians Chapter 4, Verse 3.  

St. Ignatius of Antioch (35 A.D.-107 A.D., Disciple of St. John the Apostle and Successor of St. Peter as Bishop of Antioch): "See that you all follow the bishop, even as Jesus Christ does the Father, and the presbytery (priests) as you would the apostles; and reverence the deacons, as being the institution of God. Let no man do anything connected with the Church without the bishop. Let that be deemed a proper Eucharist, which is administered either by the bishop, or by one to whom he has entrusted it. Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude of the people also be; even as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church.... "Let no man deceive himself.  Unless he believes that Christ Jesus has lived in the flesh, and shall confess His cross and passion, and the blood which He shed for the salvation of the world, he shall not attain eternal life." (—Letter to the Smyrnaeans)

There exists none other.

Whatever abuses of some of her sons through the ages because of sin and lust for power taints not the Bride of Christ, and she remains 

You have a picture of St. Thomas More, but you do not sound like a Catholic.

You dismiss Protestantism.  Are you a Seventh Day Adventist? A "non-Denominationalist"?  
(10-23-2017, 03:33 PM)prostrateinawe Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, Jovan, that is really going to do a lot of good in bringing the Protestants back into the fold.  Keep beating them over the head.

Stating facts isn't beating someone over the head.

Also, with regard to your statement: "Well, the Orthodox and the Oriental Churches are also Catholic but they did not spawn the Reformation."

They are not Catholic. The Orthodox claim to be catholic with a small c, but they are not Catholic. If they were, they wouldn't be in schism.
(10-23-2017, 03:34 PM)BC Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2017, 02:52 PM)prostrateinawe Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, this Pastor doesn't realize that Southern Baptist's are in fact the fruit of the Roman Catholic Church, in fact all Protestant churches are the fruit, the daughters, of the Roman Catholic Church.  His Church is simply another daughter of the RCC.

And we must judge the tree by its fruit.  (33,000 fruits some say)

Perhaps the RCC needs to look as what really spurned Luther, Calvin, and the other Reformers on.  Maybe she needs to do some soul searching. Perhaps then she will understand the wrath that lingers in the veins of the Protestants, a wrath handed down by their forebears who had been trampled underfoot by the princes and lords of the Church. 

Scripture speaks of the political and temporal power grabs, the focus on wealth, the abuses of office.

"Fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath."

"You know how the leaders of the Gentiles lord it over them.  It shall not be so among you."

Indeed, Holy Mother Church is the mother of many, many churches.  Are her Protestant daughters abominations?  Have they prostituted themselves from the true faith?  

"The name written on her forehead was a mystery: babylon the great, the mother of prostitutes and of the abominations of the earth."

Let's be not quick to throw stones.

PREOSTRATEINAWE

It is a falsehood to say the Catholic Church gave birth to Protestant sects.  

The Catholic Church is certainly not Mystery Babylon, and to suggest so is blasphemy.  

It is the Church of the Bible and the only one Christ founded:

Pope St. Clement I, A.D. 88-97: "Heretical teachers pervert Scripture and try to get into Heaven with a false key, for they have formed their human assemblies later than the Catholic Church.  From this previously-existing and most true Church, it is very clear that these later heresies, and others which have come into being since then, are counterfeit and novel inventions." (Epistle to the Corinthians). *St. Paul mentions Clement in Philippians Chapter 4, Verse 3.  

St. Ignatius of Antioch (35 A.D.-107 A.D., Disciple of St. John the Apostle and Successor of St. Peter as Bishop of Antioch): "See that you all follow the bishop, even as Jesus Christ does the Father, and the presbytery (priests) as you would the apostles; and reverence the deacons, as being the institution of God. Let no man do anything connected with the Church without the bishop. Let that be deemed a proper Eucharist, which is administered either by the bishop, or by one to whom he has entrusted it. Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude of the people also be; even as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church.... "Let no man deceive himself.  Unless he believes that Christ Jesus has lived in the flesh, and shall confess His cross and passion, and the blood which He shed for the salvation of the world, he shall not attain eternal life." (—Letter to the Smyrnaeans)

There exists none other.

You have a picture of St. Thomas More, but you do not sound like a Catholic.

You dismiss Protestantism.  Are you a Seventh Day Adventist? A "non-Denominationalist"?  

Sir, please look at the situation from the eyes of a Protestant before condemning.  That is all I ask of you.  Recall that harlots and sinners, according to Our Lord, were going to heaven before the scribes and pharisees.  If indeed a Roman Catholic thinks Protestants to be harlots, then I challenge him to examine himself or herself to first determine whether or not he or she is at heart a pharisee.

I am somewhat shocked that you would make an analogy between a mother and her child as having the same relationship between a body and its severed limb.  Do you not realize that these Protestants are in fact baptized into Our Lord.  Have you no respect for the connection that lies in our common baptism?  Perhaps Holy Mother Church should disown them but I do not believe that she has.  In fact it appears to me that Pope Francis has somewhat of a fondness for Lutherans.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8