FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Prominent Southern Baptist "Pastor" says Satan Created Catholicism
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(10-26-2017, 01:31 AM)Paul Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2017, 01:21 AM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: [ -> ]As I like to say, "There are 3 types of people in this world : Those that can count, and those that can't."

I thought there were 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that don't.
There are actually two types of people in this world, those who can pay attention and those who --- oh, look over there!
(10-26-2017, 02:25 AM)In His Love Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2017, 01:31 AM)Paul Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2017, 01:21 AM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: [ -> ]As I like to say, "There are 3 types of people in this world : Those that can count, and those that can't."

I thought there were 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that don't.
There are actually two types of people in this world, those who can pay attention and those who --- oh, look over there!
What? What is it? I don't see anything!
Argument and polemics are necessary, but...

[Image: 22814379_953541621468218_545490878717865...e=5A7D4576]
And, from a contemporary of St Dominic, and also a Saint of the Church:

“A Christian should argue with a heretic only by running his sword through his bowels as far as it will go.”-St Louis IX

This same king added to the coronation oath of French monarchs a vow to “exterminate,” which is to say, purge or expel, heretics from the kingdom.
(10-27-2017, 05:04 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]And, from a contemporary of St Dominic, and also a Saint of the Church:

“A Christian should argue with a heretic only by running his sword through his bowels as far as it will go.”-St Louis IX

This same king added to the coronation oath of French monarchs a vow to “exterminate,” which is to say, purge or expel, heretics from the kingdom.

The Catholic life is paradoxical so often.

What to do, how, and when is our constant prudential challenge.
(10-27-2017, 05:04 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]And, from a contemporary of St Dominic, and also a Saint of the Church:

Jovan, would you be willing to pay my bail when I try this one out?

And how does this square with "Turn the other cheek."?
(10-28-2017, 11:08 AM)prostrateinawe Wrote: [ -> ]

And how does this square with "Turn the other cheek."?
Notice that he did not just say that Christians should kill heretics. St Louis was obviously talking about knights carrying out their duty as protectors of society since the rest of the populace would not have swords. The commandment to turn the other cheek is directed to individuals, not to societies and states. Heresy is a crime against society and the state which may be punished by death. Which is why, after conviction by the ecclesiastical courts, heretics could be turned over to the secular authorities for execution. It is no different than the use of the death penalty for other crimes against society.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8