FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Prominent Southern Baptist "Pastor" says Satan Created Catholicism
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
This isn't anything new really. 

But it is a good reminder that Protestantism exists because its sects' founders believed in the falsity of the Catholic Faith, and therefore it not being from God.  Why I point this out though is what an insult it is to Catholics for so called Catholic clergy to engage in Vatican II ecumenism where Baptists like this man are treated as " brothers in Christ." 

Did Satan Create Catholicism? Trump-Supporting Pastor Robert Jeffress Thinks So

https://www.yahoo.com/news/did-satan-cre...33867.html

(What a terrifying shock it will be to this man to find out at his particular judgment that reality is the exact opposite of what he believed).

Also, you Northerners should be thankful you are not surrounded all the time with wicked oppressive heresy like in the South. You may have massive loss of Faith but identity thieves like these guys is worse in my opinion.
Is he not aware of the 1500 years of Catholicism that occurred before his sect was formed?
(10-22-2017, 10:50 AM)In His Love Wrote: [ -> ]Is he not aware of the 1500 years of Catholicism that occurred before his sect was formed?

What he would say, is that "Christianity" existed for 300 years until 313 when Constantine corrupted it by creating "Catholicism." Nevermind that the Early Church writings (and the New Testament for that matter) are saturated with Catholic doctrine. They don't want to know anything about that.

The Baptists have a book called "The Trail of Blood" where they attempt to argue that true Christianity was preserved by groups like the Waldensians who were persecuted by the Catholic Church for 1200 years or so. The problem for them is these groups had a lot of Catholic beliefs so they weren't Anabaptists.The claim obviously is pathetic.

Baptists will actually say they are not even Protestants to get around the charge.

Intellectually astute they fail to qualify.

Have a look at the comments below the article. It is incredible the amount of bad willed ignorance out there.
(10-22-2017, 11:18 AM)BC Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2017, 10:50 AM)In His Love Wrote: [ -> ]Is he not aware of the 1500 years of Catholicism that occurred before his sect was formed?

What he would say, is that "Christianity" existed for 300 years until 313 when Constantine corrupted it by creating "Catholicism." Nevermind that the Early Church writings (and the New Testament for that matter) are saturated with Catholic doctrine. They don't want to know anything about that.

The Baptists have a book called "The Trail of Blood" where they attempt to argue that true Christianity was preserved by groups like the Waldensians who were persecuted by the Catholic Church for 1200 years or so. The problem for them is these groups had a lot of Catholic beliefs so they weren't Anabaptists.The claim obviously is pathetic.

Baptists will actually say they are not even Protestants to get around the charge.

Intellectually astute they fail to qualify.

Have a look at the comments below the article. It is incredible the amount of bad willed ignorance out there.

Regarding the comments, the ones posted at the youtube mentioned are pretty bad, too.
I actually like this attitude (relatively speaking); at least this approach is logically consistent. 

If Protestantism is true, then Catholocism IS from the devil. We worship bread as God, we believe that mere men can do what only God can do (forgive sins), and we have placed our faith in an institution of men, not of God - of course, if the opposite is true, then it is Protestantism which is of the Devil. 

If more people (including Catholics) would appreciate that Catholocism and Protestantism are completely incompatible, and therefore that one much choose one and reject the other, we would probably have a better starting point for conversions.
(10-22-2017, 08:47 AM)BC Wrote: [ -> ]Why I point this out though is what an insult it is to Catholics for so called Catholic clergy to engage in Vatican II ecumenism where Baptists like this man are treated as " brothers in Christ."

This man is most likely not treated as a "Brother in Christ." Remember, it is not ardent Protestants who believe the Pope is the anti-Christ and the Church is "the devil" that are welcomed in the ecumenical circles. It are those Protestants, who are just as watered down as the Vaticanist Catholic clergy. I don't see Pope Francis palling around a Lutheran pastor of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod, or the Missouri synod for that matter. I don't see Francis chumming with Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church.
The origin of the General Baptists is connected with the name of John Smyth (d. 1612), pastor (a disgruntled Anglican minister) of a church at Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, which had separated from the Church of England. His first act, in formation of this Church, was to perform an act of Blasphemy before 18 of his followers, by baptizing himself.

Yup, good start to a chrystian church indeed!
Well, for just to play Devils advocate for the Prots' sake this man's statement isn't representative of all Baptists.  As a former Baptist myself I can say that the religious instruction I received was remarkably non-existant. I had no clue about the differences between the Catholics and the Baptists.  I didn't really even know what a Protestant was. We would have just called ourselves Christians.

I remember once my younger brother (still a Baptist, please say a prayer for him) said to me that Catholics weren't Christians.  I wasn't even a Catholic at the time, and I just knew that that was wrong on the face of it.

All my exposure with Protestantism was with sappy songs and ultra-lax Sunday school education. Never once did I hear anything like the above statement until I converted to Catholicism, then I got Mary-worshiper, you're not even a Christian because you pray to saints and deny Jesus (:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:) and a cousin of mine began posting on social media incredibly stupid anti-Catholic links (did you know that Islam and Catholicism are the same religion because prayer beads. And Mormonism and Catholicism because both have central authorities.  And Catholicism and Paganism because, well, Catholicism is Paganism.)

P.S.  I saw this fellow on Fox News yammering on there, and he seemed like a loon then.  I just rolled my eyes and laughed when he said that God had chosen the United States for a singularly special mission of being the instrument of his divine righteousness.
In a sense the guy is right ...

Satan, in participating in Christ's death by his inspiring the Sanhedrin in their pride and hatred, in fact did create Catholicism.

Christ gave up his own life, but the circumstances of it were those of evil diabolically-inspired men, were that not to have happened, no Catholicism.

Though I doubt that's what he means ....
(10-22-2017, 08:47 AM)BC Wrote: [ -> ]oh you got that right, back home being a Catholic was sweet, but here in the deep South, its a conversation killer.  Why even my wife's Mother thought we were all going to hell. And she was a sweet lady.    Its ok tho. This is my Mission Field, my Cross, and proud of it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8