FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Petition to remove Francis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This papacy leaves me confused, but I'm not sure change.org is how the papacy is run...
Sounds tempting, but the papacy isn't a democracy, praise God.
Things just don't work that way. To me it would be a waste of time.
Yeah, I don't exactly think we can fire the Pope. I think God gets to do that.
I am (obivously) not a fan of Francis, or any of the recent Popes - but I think we can safely say that in the case of democratizing the Papacy, the cure is far worse than the disease.
I am absolutely not a fan, but petitions won’t do any good. The only petitions worth making are those made to God.
Canon law says no one may judge the Pope. And if the petition is directed to 'The Magisterium', who is it going to be delivered to? The Magisterium is a body of teaching, not a person to whom a petition can be delivered.
Has there ever been any petition from change.org that was ever acted on in any capacity? or I should say, has there ever been one that wasn't some massive SJW nonsense.
(10-27-2017, 12:16 PM)GangGreen Wrote: [ -> ]Has there ever been any petition from change.org that was ever acted on in any capacity? or I should say, has there ever been one that wasn't some massive SJW nonsense.

Well, yes. Just a few days ago, Google/YouTube took down a popular channel for 'violence'. Its crime? It is an educational channel on ancient weapons. Their bots decided it was violent on the basis of two videos, one on ninja fire pots, and one on 13th century ceramic 'hand grenades'. 

A Change.org petition was started. In 24 hours it had 34,000 signatures, and YouTube restored the channel. Not exactly an SJW cause. In fact, I'm sure the SJWs would oppose it, because a) it's violent, and b) because it teaches about the 'bad old days'.
Pages: 1 2 3