FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: CAF: the gift that keeps on giving
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Bill: what is the big deal about a licensed, legal concealed carrier taking his/her handgun into mass

Ann: Probably because not everyone who is licensed to conceal/carry has the best judgement. The place I work at bans guns on the premises. There was a dicey situation and a coworker’s husband offered to come in and “help.” He was serious even though if we are a priority for local police. If we needed that level of assistance and intervention then we needed professionals not some dude with a gun. The guy never struck me as someone who overreacted or a drama queen but that’s my impression of him now. I don’t trust him. (So based off of one incident you don't trust him ... Because he was "serious" in wanting to help ... What he should've said was 'not ma prob, deal with it yourself woman!' )

It’s funny. I want to buy a gun and I will strike up a convo with a gun enthusiast and then regret it. Gun enthusiasts are a strange lot and I see something in them that’s a little off. It kind of reminds me of a coworker who observed that everyone who goes into criminal justice turns into a know-it-all of the worst kind; the person who inspired the comment was her own grandchild. Power corrupts. It’s simple.  (Then I advise you to never obtain power - don't even hold a book club position).
(11-10-2017, 01:32 AM)GRA Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Ann: If we needed that level of assistance and intervention then we needed professionals not some dude with a gun.

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.
I found out recently from listening to Ben Shapiro that armed security guards are present at synagogues. I think we're at the point where we should seriously consider this for our churches, especially after what happened to those Baptists in Texas.
(11-10-2017, 04:24 AM)In His Love Wrote: [ -> ]I think we're at the point where we should seriously consider this for our churches, especially after what happened to those Baptists in Texas.

I’m not a fan of openly armed security; it gives the wrong image for a church. That being said, I am a believer that every non-felon should be required to own and qualify with a rifle and sidearm each year, and to concealed carry that sidearm everywhere. Conscientious objectors can keep a trauma kit instead.
Take a page from Bishop Dagger John. Arm the Catholic parishioners to fight like an army. Mercs can always be bought off by the gov't to look away.