FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Timings for praying the Angelus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: latin_cross.png?v=5] PAX DOMINUS VOBISCUM [Image: latin_cross.png?v=5]

I would like to know if there is any prescribed time for praying the Angelus...? I know that it is prayed thrice a day and the significance when it is prayed or sung each time but, is there a particular timing of that sort...?
Traditionally, it was prayed at 06.00, 12.00, and 18.00. When I lived in Kansas City, Kansas I was within earshot of four or five Churches, and they all rang the Angelus bell at those hours. My Parish Church here does the same. If our dog is outside when they ring at 12.00 or 18.00 he barks back at the ringing!
(11-23-2017, 01:44 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]Traditionally, it was prayed at 06.00, 12.00, and 18.00. When I lived in Kansas City, Kansas I was within earshot of four or five Churches, and they all rang the Angelus bell at those hours. My Parish Church here does the same. If our dog is outside when they ring at 12.00 or 18.00 he barks back at the ringing!

Oh...! nice to live around an area full of churches...!!!  :)

I generally pray the Angelus at 7.00, 13.00 and 18.00 / 19.00... Would that also suffice...?
Certainly! Morning, midday, and evening.