FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Help needed for Scripture citation!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, I know that verses occur in Scripture regarding the fact that we have no idea when we will die. However, for the life of me, I can't remember where, and I can't seem to frame a search question to find one. Can someone help?
“Watch ye therefore, because you know not the day nor the hour.”  Matthew 25:13

“Watch ye therefore, (for you know not when the lord of the house cometh: at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning,) Lest coming on a sudden, he find you sleeping. And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch.”  Mark 13:35-37
(11-29-2017, 05:31 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I know that verses occur in Scripture regarding the fact that we have no idea when we will die. However, for the life of me, I can't remember where, and I can't seem to frame a search question to find one. Can someone help?

I pulled out my trusty "A Textual Concordance of the Holy Scriptures" by Thomas David Williams, Douay-Rheims Version and it gives the following Scriptural references:

Death, Certainty of

Gen.iii.19
Job xiv.5
Ps. lxxxviii. 49
Ps. cii. 15, 15
Eccles. viii. 8
Eccles ix. 4
Wis. xv. 8
Ecclus. xiv. 12
Ecclus. xxxviii. 23
Heb. ix. 27,28

Death, Uncertainty of the time

Eccles. ix. 12
Is. xxxviii. 10, 12
Matt. xxv. 1, 5, 6, 13.
Mark xiii. 35, 36, 37.
Luke xii. 16-20.
Luke xii. 40
1 Thess. v. 2, 3.
Apoc. iii. 3.

and

Life, Uncertainty of this

Job vii. 4.
Job xxxii. 22
Ps. xxxviii. 5.
Prov. xxvii. 1.
James iv. 13-15

I hope this helps! Tip o' the hat
(11-29-2017, 05:31 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I know that verses occur in Scripture regarding the fact that we have no idea when we will die. However, for the life of me, I can't remember where, and I can't seem to frame a search question to find one. Can someone help?

Jovan ... is this some terrible pun ...
(11-29-2017, 06:37 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: [ -> ]

Jovan ... is this some terrible pun ...
Tho' I do love a good pun, that one went right by whilst typing it! LOL

And Thanks, CP and Zedta!