FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Ads in Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is anyone seeing ads at the top of the forum, just under the menu? If so, which ads? Is anyone seeing, under the menu at the top of the page: 

Google ads
   ads for Roger Buck's "The Gentle Traditionalist"
   the porcupine fund-raising ad

Things are wonky, it seems... Help a sistah out and tell me what you see/don't see, eh?
(12-01-2017, 03:12 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: [ -> ]Is anyone seeing ads at the top of the forum, just under the menu? If so, which ads? Is anyone seeing, under the menu at the top of the page: 

Google ads
   ads for Roger Buck's "The Gentle Traditionalist"
   the porcupine fund-raising ad

Things are wonky, it seems... Help a sistah out and tell me what you see/don't see, eh?

I currently do not see any ads!
I saw Porky the Starving Porcupine within the last day or so, but nothing now.
I used to see the porcupine at the top of the page, but now I don't.

Edit: I don't know if you've changed something (it's 6:51 Central time here), but now I see it.
I can now see the porcupine, although he disappeared for a bit. I thought it was probably my old system ...

I have not seen at all my Gentle Traditionalist ad - and would be _very_ grateful to know if anyone has seen it. Please say if you have.

And I pray the porcupine is getting what he needs. That porcupine deserves it ...
I am not seeing the TGT ad, either, and I CANNOT, for the LIFE of me, see what the damned problem is. It makes zero sense. I even replaced the porcupine ad code with the TGT code in the same slot, disabled Google ads, and it still didn't work. Re-uploaded the ad image after renaming it and saving it as a different file type -- still nothing. Stared at the few, tiny lines of HTML code for 500 years and do not see a problem anywhere. Tried putting the TGT ad in between posts and in the footer instead of in the header -- still nothing! It's driving me nuts.

But I tweet out your book on Twitter (well, where else does one tweet?) and made a thread here about it (and it's on the front page of the main site, of course). I really want that book to be widely available in the world!
(12-02-2017, 12:16 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: [ -> ]I am not seeing the TGT ad, either, and I CANNOT, for the LIFE of me, see what the damned problem is. It makes zero sense. I even replaced the porcupine ad code with the TGT code in the same slot, disabled Google ads, and it still didn't work. Re-uploaded the ad image after renaming it and saving it as a different file type -- still nothing. Stared at the few, tiny lines of HTML code for 500 years and do not see a problem anywhere. Tried putting the TGT ad in between posts and in the footer instead of in the header -- still nothing! It's driving me nuts.

But I tweet out your book on Twitter (well, where else does one tweet?) and made a thread here about it (and it's on the front page of the main site, of course). I really want that book to be widely available in the world!

Oh Vox, THANK YOU for sweating like this for me. I am sorry it's causing such a headache and hard work for you.

Because I know so little about code, I don't fully understand everything you've said.

But I see you write: Tried putting the TGT ad in between posts and in the footer instead of in the header -- still nothing

And the only thing that comes to me is that it does seem to work in my signature line. (I assume it works in my signature line - I can see it. Can others see it in my sig?)

Anyway, I wonder if it's possible to compare why it's working in my sig and not elsewhere. Could there be a clue there?

And now I am going to say - PLEASE does anybody besides Vox have any ideas?

In fact, I will go further. If anyone can sort this out, or even has a clue that solves the problem, I will send a REWARD - a signed copy of the book to you!
Roger, I see your book ads below each of your posts, with no problem.
Thank you for confirming that Jovan! So the mystery remains why  The Gentle Traditionalist ad mysteriously doesn't work elsewhere, no matter what Vox does Huh?Scratching head

And Vox forgot to thank you this too!

Roger Buck
(12-02-2017, 12:16 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: [ -> ]But I tweet out your book on Twitter (well, where else does one tweet?) and made a thread here about it (and it's on the front page of the main site, of course). I really want that book to be widely available in the world!

I never use Twitter, but do have an account so I will look. So many thanks!

SaveSave
Roger-

If you send me the code for those two ads, I'll try to put them in the sidebar of my blog.
Pages: 1 2