FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pope: Urgent to pass Latin Mass on to youth!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Pax et Bonum!  I was very pleased to read on "Aletia" where the Pope has said it is urgent to pass on the Latin Mass to our youth in these times....very good news and I pray it will continue!  God bless, angeltime :incense: :pray2:
The 'Latin Mass'? Does he mean the Mass of the Ages, or the deformed, totally lacking in Catholic catechesis, protestantised Novus Ordo Missae of Paul VI in Latin?
(12-09-2017, 03:19 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]The 'Latin Mass'? Does he mean the Mass of the Ages, or the deformed, totally lacking in Catholic catechesis, protestantised Novus Ordo Missae of Paul VI in Latin?
Peace.....good question and someone else asked me the same because actually the article is speaking mostly of learning the Latin language, however why would he/ :huh: Pope stress urgency in learning Latin in these times if not to take into consideration the Latin Mass - but again as you say - which kind of Latin Mass?  The article is on www.aleteia.com (or .org).....God bless, angeltime
Did Holy Father have a stroke? He thinks the neo-Pelagianist rigidity should be passed onto the youth? :huh:
(12-09-2017, 03:25 PM)angeltime Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-09-2017, 03:19 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]The 'Latin Mass'? Does he mean the Mass of the Ages, or the deformed, totally lacking in Catholic catechesis, protestantised Novus Ordo Missae of Paul VI in Latin?
Peace.....good question and someone else asked me the same because actually the article is speaking mostly of learning the Latin language, however why would he/ :huh: Pope stress urgency in learning Latin in these times if not to take into consideration the Latin Mass - but again as you say - which kind of Latin Mass?  The article is on www.aleteia.com (or .org).....God bless, angeltime
There are many reasons to learn Latin that have nothing to do with the Mass in either form. The massive body of literature, theological, scientific (Isaac Newton wrote and published his Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica in Latin in 1687. It wasn't translated into English until 1729), philosophic, and literary that was written up to and including the late Renaissance-early modern period, is a major reason to learn Latin, even for the non-Catholic. I fear that Francis is not concerned with the Mass, but classical studies in general.
The Pope is a friend to Catholic Tradition.
(12-10-2017, 04:25 AM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]The Pope is a friend to Catholic Tradition.

He's been kind, in some ways, to SSPX.  I think he has a vision of two churches where the traditionalists are separated and therefore not in the way of his radical reforms elsewhere.
(12-09-2017, 04:48 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-09-2017, 03:25 PM)angeltime Wrote: [ -> ]
There are many reasons to learn Latin that have nothing to do with the Mass in either form. The massive body of literature, theological, scientific (Isaac Newton wrote and published his Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica in Latin in 1687. It wasn't translated into English until 1729), philosophic, and literary that was written up to and including the late Renaissance-early modern period, is a major reason to learn Latin, even for the non-Catholic. I fear that Francis is not concerned with the Mass, but classical studies in general.
Peace.....what caught my attention the most, was "Pope stresses urgency of passing latin to the youth especially in these times"  ???? angeltime
Francis has stated that the traditional Latin mass is "a kind of fashion" that "does not need much attention." 

Yesterday (Friday, Feb. 14), Pope Francis held an audience with the Bishops of the Czech Republic who came to Rome for their ad limina visit.

In the visit, as it usually happens in such cases, other than the formal address, the Pope heard the questions and comments of the bishops. Archbishop Jan Graubner, of Olomouc, told the Czech section of Vatican Radio how it went:

[Abp. Jan Graubner speaks:] When we were discussing those who are fond of the ancient liturgy and wish to return to it, it was evident that the Pope speaks with great affection, attention, and sensitivity for all in order not to hurt anyone. However, he made a quite strong statement when he said that he understands when the old generation returns to what it experienced, but that he cannot understand the younger generation wishing to return to it. "When I search more thoroughly - the Pope said - I find that it is rather a kind of fashion [in Czech: 'móda', Italian 'moda']. And if it is a fashion, therefore it is a matter that does not need that much attention. It is just necessary to show some patience and kindness to people who are addicted to a certain fashion. But I consider greatly important to go deep into things, because if we do not go deep, no liturgical form, this or that one, can save us."

https://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2014/0...young.html
(12-10-2017, 05:17 PM)BC Wrote: [ -> ]Francis has stated that the traditional Latin mass is "a kind of fashion" that "does not need much attention." 

Yesterday (Friday, Feb. 14), Pope Francis held an audience with the Bishops of the Czech Republic who came to Rome for their ad limina visit.

In the visit, as it usually happens in such cases, other than the formal address, the Pope heard the questions and comments of the bishops. Archbishop Jan Graubner, of Olomouc, told the Czech section of Vatican Radio how it went:

[Abp. Jan Graubner speaks:] When we were discussing those who are fond of the ancient liturgy and wish to return to it, it was evident that the Pope speaks with great affection, attention, and sensitivity for all in order not to hurt anyone. However, he made a quite strong statement when he said that he understands when the old generation returns to what it experienced, but that he cannot understand the younger generation wishing to return to it. "When I search more thoroughly - the Pope said - I find that it is rather a kind of fashion [in Czech: 'móda', Italian 'moda']. And if it is a fashion, therefore it is a matter that does not need that much attention. It is just necessary to show some patience and kindness to people who are addicted to a certain fashion. But I consider greatly important to go deep into things, because if we do not go deep, no liturgical form, this or that one, can save us."

https://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2014/0...young.html
Peace....what next!  I never heard this but I did hear at one point he said that people who cant change, hide in tradition and I think he was referring to a Cardinal when he said it - perhaps Cardinal Burke.  There are so many young families attending tradition who are seriously committed to the MASS and not fashion - they drive for miles to attend and I might add, it has been commented on how well behaved their children are.  This is a closed-minded assessment of people who are really trying to save the Mass, (Liturgy, Magesterium, Tradition) while those who ignore us are being self-centered.   :incense:
Pages: 1 2