FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: William F. Buckley on Vatican II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://pblosser.blogspot.com/2017/12/loo...um=twitter

Nailed it! FYI, this runs 1 hr for the entire interview.
Interesting. I’ll watch this a little later, when I have more time.
I was just able to finish watching this. Listening to Michael Davies, Requiescat in Pace, and Dr. Malachi Martin, Requiescat in Pace, and knowing where we are now in context of where they were will bring a tear to most.  I wonder what Michael Davies would say about the current situation.
Buckley was a NeoCon hack who staunchly opposed Catholic social teaching. There are many better thinkers out there. Pat Buchanan and Thomas Fleming are far better.
(12-21-2017, 06:11 PM)JEvolian18 Wrote: [ -> ]Buckley was a NeoCon hack who staunchly opposed Catholic social teaching. There are many better thinkers out there. Pat Buchanan and Thomas Fleming are far better.

What the heck have you been reading or seeing about William F Buckley Jr? He was a brilliant thinker. Sure he made some mistakes, nobody is perfect. But to call him a NeoCon hack is just lazy balderdash.
(12-21-2017, 06:11 PM)JEvolian18 Wrote: [ -> ]Buckley was a NeoCon hack who staunchly opposed Catholic social teaching. There are many better thinkers out there. Pat Buchanan and Thomas Fleming are far better.

Sure he may have been imperfect (still far, far better than most on TV now), but he was a very erudite and intelligent man, and a great debate host. 

If we only listen to those who conform exactly to our way of thinking we'll end up only listening to ourselves.
(12-21-2017, 11:19 PM)Florus Wrote: [ -> ]

Sure he may have been imperfect (still far, far better than most on TV now), but he was a very erudite and intelligent man, and a great debate host. 

If we only listen to those who conform exactly to our way of thinking we'll end up only listening to ourselves.

If anyone wants to see how good a debate host he is, just have watch his interview with liberal New-Dealer economist J. K. Galbraith.