FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Looking For A Book
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but a few years ago I had this great book from the library, and now like so many others it's been weeded out, and I can't remember the name. It was a pre-V2 history of how we celebrated the entire Catholic calendar, and was jampacked with info on Holy Days,history, traditions, etc. Pretty sure it was written in the 1950's.
(12-23-2017, 02:56 PM)Eric F Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but a few years ago I had this great book from the library, and now like so many others it's been weeded out, and I can't remember the name. It was a pre-V2 history of how we celebrated the entire Catholic calendar, and was jampacked with info on Holy Days,history, traditions, etc. Pretty sure it was written in the 1950's.

The Liturgical Year by Dom Prosper Guéranger is very good, but it wasn't written in the 1950s. It is pretty much the Summa of the liturgy of the Catholic Church
I found it.  Handbook of Christian Feasts and Customs by Francis X Weiser (1958)
It is certainly a great book.  Just finished it during Lent.  I found mine from Biretta books:

Handbook of Christian Feasts and Customs
(12-06-2018, 04:00 PM)mpk1987 Wrote: [ -> ]It is free here:

https://archive.org/details/WeiserChrist...ms/page/n1

Thank you for the link.
I generally read a lot, often even re-read cool books, I always have essays on interesting moments in my archive, I recommend that you try to search the search engines for an idea or the main messages of a book, you will definitely find what you need. When I am interested in some material, topic, review, or opinion, I use authoritative resources with informative materials, I recommend that you navigate here to read examples of event reviews about Columbian exchange, it will be very useful for general development, and they are also an excellent example of cool and meaningful presentation of the material, go read this or select from hundreds of topics that interest you.
(12-23-2017, 02:56 PM)Eric F Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but a few years ago I had this great book from the library, and now like so many others it's been weeded out, and I can't remember the name. It was a pre-V2 history of how we celebrated the entire Catholic calendar, and was jampacked with info on Holy Days,history, traditions, etc. Pretty sure it was written in the 1950's.
(04-02-2018, 08:03 AM)Eric F Wrote: [ -> ]I found it.  Handbook of Christian Feasts and Customs by Francis X Weiser (1958)

FYI that book won't work if you are an SSPXer because the SSPX follows the 1960 "reform" by John XXIII. Some trads are even against the reforms done by Pope Pius XII in 1954.