FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: How would...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
...,theoretically, sedevacantists react if Benedict XVI did return to Tradition within the next few months?
I am certain others could state this more clearly, but, to simply say the True Mass, would mean nothing to me. To say mea culpa for all of the false teachings, to state that outside of the True Chruch there is no hope of salvation. If he sent out a copy of the Syllabus amoung many other papal encyclicals from the Catholic Popes of the past to every priest, bishop, cardinal and say, read this memorize it and if you can't agree I WILL excommunicate you, and by the way, get the dames off the altar, Eucharist on the tongue, ..... there is so much to clean up that I firmly believe it will be an act of God.
  I guess if he got rid of all the predators, put them in monasteries for life, replaced the communion rails, no more communion in the hand, no more praying at the synagouge or Protestant liturgy.....sheesh, the list is too long!   I am crtain that all good Catholics are praying and making sacrifices for Holy Mother Church.  It would take a huge miracle, but I believe in miracles to fix the crisis.[Image: crucifix.gif]
What is even meant by a "return to Tradition"?

The SSPX sees "Tradition" as something above and separate from the Roman Pontiff, rather than seeing him as its Living Voice.  A true Roman Pontiff is Tradition's Voice, here and now.

If you mean what would I do if he rejected - in toto - the new pseudo-Catholic religion which has been emanating from Rome for the last 40+ years, then I should thank the Lord for moving his heart to do so.  As for any half-measures - such as the "liberation" of the TLM, etc. - I would not change my views at all.  I actually expect such moves, for they are consistent with the modus operandi of our enemies.
Exactly, to mesmerize the people, they would "free the Latin Mass", and not change any heretical practices and teachings. It must be understood that most people do not know their Catholic Faith. They would not recognize it if they saw it. And, since to pretend to be Catholic again would cause agitation with the sheeple in the pews who are used to hootenany mass, clown mass, stealth priestesses, and thereby cause weekly donations to drop when they are told to behave it will not happen until Christ so decides for this to occur. There is absolutely no way that many of the novus ordo ladies that I know are going to sit down and behave. They are used to plowing over everyone to get things their way andGod pity the priest who tries to stop it. No, this will take what the mystics have said. Christ.
Gladius, Catholicmonarchistmom,

You both have an erroneous concept of the sacred Papacy, more erroneous one would ever find in a SSPX Chapel.

You seem, like the neoconservative Novus Ordo Catholics, to have fallen into the errors (condemned) of Infallibilism and of Impeccabilism, attributed to the Roman Pontiff.

Firstly, the Syllabus errorum was not an act of the solemn magisterium and not infallible, according to Bp. Joseph Fessler (secretary of the First Vatican Council), whose book proclaiming this was approved by Bl. Pope Pius IXth. Likewise are ecumenical abominations personal acts and not acts of the Magisterium. The authentic Magisterium must not necessarily be free of error. The ROman Pontiff can privately hold to heresy, while remaining the legitimate Pope.

As to Benedict XVI "restoring" the Church to Tradition (She is in no need as She is Holy, Apostolic and Catholic in Herself and by Herself, but parishes and Orders are) , many sedevacantist laymen will reconsider their views, but most propagandists of this theory as a final solution and very definitive, would continue in their hard line approach towards Benedict XVI. As to all, we won't see Benedict XVI re-instoring Quanta Cura nor have him conducting Assisi III. We must wait and see. And, above all, pray. For Pope Ratzinger too.
I believe that Benedict is the current Pope. Have there been other times that soomeone holding heretical views was sitting on the Chair of Peter, yes. Was there always a saint present in those days to call him what he was yes. Did every one think that the saint was way out of line? Yes, of course. Were corrections made or were they allowed to continue? It is not my fault if Benedict holds heretical opinions, in fact has written entire books on the subject. I will never say that he is qualified to be Pope unless the time comes that he says, "whoa, what the ---- was I thinking, I gotto get to confession. Or someone shows me where the previous Pontiffs condemed these heresies that Benedict and JPII held andstill hold in the latter's case where only condemed unless times change in the future and what the old Pontiff's taught becomes outdated. The fact of  the matter is plain, in my very own neighborhood their are 6 other persons that are leaving the Catholic Church, and why? Because, none of that old stuff the Church taught is true anymore and gee, anyway don't the newer Popes say that the truth is in all Churches.

Is there a Pope, Yes, Is he Catholic? No. Can this be fixed by us?No, Only God can fix this and may he have mercy on the souls of those people who believe these usurpers to the Papacy and turn their backs on THE ONLY WAY TO SALVATION.

Dr. Drolesky is correct, I did not ask for this mess, But I too will not deny the fact.
catholicmonarchistmom Wrote:Is there a Pope, Yes, Is he Catholic? No.

How can a non-catholic be Pope?
HMiS Wrote:You both have an erroneous concept of the sacred Papacy, more erroneous one would ever find in a SSPX Chapel.

Sander, you have no idea what you are talking about.  Unless you quote something erroneous, I am forced to disregard your ridiculous claim. 
Quote:You seem, like the neoconservative Novus Ordo Catholics, to have fallen into the errors (condemned) of Infallibilism and of Impeccabilism, attributed to the Roman Pontiff.

Again, if you are going to publicly accuse me of adhering to a condemned proposition, the least you could do is show how my words support your claim.

If you think I am confusing the two, then you have not even been paying the least attention to anything I have said in our various exchanges (or anywhere, for that matter).  Save your inanities for someone else who might be gullible enough to buy them.

Btw, were these errors condemned by the exercise of the u.o.m. - and if so, can Your Sagacity show me that the condemnations are, in fact, infallible? [Image: wink.gif]

Quote:Likewise are ecumenical abominations personal acts and not acts of the Magisterium.

Really?...[Image: dunce.gif]    Just because they are personal acts does not mean these men are not accountable.

Quote:The authentic Magisterium must not necessarily be free of error. The ROman Pontiff can privately hold to heresy, while remaining the legitimate Pope.

What has been private about the V2 and post-V2 debacle?  Get real, Sander - the whole bloomin' world is aware of the shenanigans of these men.

Quote:As to Benedict XVI "restoring" the Church to Tradition (She is in no need as She is Holy, Apostolic and Catholic in Herself and by Herself, but parishes and Orders are) , many sedevacantist laymen will reconsider their views, but most propagandists of this theory as a final solution and very definitive, would continue in their hard line approach towards Benedict XVI.

Which is to say, "He will fool some with his 'Traditional' antics, but not all."  The Cryptocracy largely controls the "right wing" of the resistance to V2 at present, and too many who have nobly resisted will be slain on this 'mountain of Gelboe'.

Btw, no one advocates sedevacantism as a solution, "final" or otherwise.
BibleCatholicJMJ Wrote:
catholicmonarchistmom Wrote:Is there a Pope, Yes, Is he Catholic? No.

How can a non-catholic be Pope?

When he speaks as a heretic. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it is a duck. When the spoke speaks heresies, sits under menorahs at synagogue, or bent satanic crucifixes he is a heretic.
Pages: 1 2 3 4