FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Karl Keating on Phil Lawler’s Pope book
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I missed this book. I don't trust Karl Keating especially when he opens his mouth about something. But I thought this article was intresting. 
http://cal-catholic.com/karl-keating-on-...pope-book/
Wow, yeah. It'd been unthinkable even five years ago that Keating would've given this review the time of day. Something's changing.
I was given an infraction on CAF years ago for “disparaging a religious order” when I said that some Jesuits are not known for their orthodoxy, a statement that can be backed up by numerous official statements. I said this in order to explain why we might not be inclined to “give the benefit of the doubt” when Jesuits in formation were being asked to preach at Mass. I wonder if Catholic Answers will now ban their founder, or if they will finally decide that the pope isn’t God.
(01-07-2018, 11:38 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote: [ -> ]I was given an infraction on CAF years ago for “disparaging a religious order” when I said that some Jesuits are not known for their orthodoxy, a statement that can be backed up by numerous official statements. I said this in order to explain why we might not be inclined to “give the benefit of the doubt” when Jesuits in formation were being asked to preach at Mass. I wonder if Catholic Answers will now ban their founder, or if they will finally decide that the pope isn’t God.

CAF doesn't believe that the Pope is god,; its only the moderators that believe they are god.