FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Auxilium Christianorum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all. I am a traditional Roman Catholic(and I continue to try and be one every day). What I wanted to know is why, for the   Auxilium Christianorum, you are advised to consult your spiritual adviso/priest. Some of the prayers seem normal to be honest. Also, my priest seems to Norvus Ordo, so I'm not sure what to do. If he says no, can I still say the prayers? 

Also, in addition, I said one prayer and I started hearing voices. I immediately stopped saying it(although that prayer was confusing to be honest. It was after I had said another prayer associated with  Auxilium Christianorum). 
(01-26-2018, 05:20 PM)ChurchMilitant Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all. I am a traditional Roman Catholic(and I continue to try and be one every day). What I wanted to know is why, for the   Auxilium Christianorum, you are advised to consult your spiritual adviso/priest. Some of the prayers seem normal to be honest. Also, my priest seems to Norvus Ordo, so I'm not sure what to do. If he says no, can I still say the prayers? 

Also, in addition, I said one prayer and I started hearing voices. I immediately stopped saying it(although that prayer was confusing to be honest. It was after I had said another prayer associated with  Auxilium Christianorum). 

Talk to your spiritual director.  The very first recommendation on the Auxilium Christianorum site is to consult a spiritual director first.  If he seems "too Novus Ordo," then you might want to seek out another spiritual director before going this direction, but even so you should not try to follow a way of life while ignoring its first instruction.
The only one that I have close is an SSPX guy. I am not aware of any parish in my diocese that do not celebrate Norvus Ordo Mass
Why do you go to the one you go to now?
Because it is closer for me. The SSPX individual is at least 2 hours away from me.