FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Total Consecration questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently read Total Devotion to Mary, and am interested in Total Consecration, but I have a few questions that I thought you all might be able to help me with.

I would like my consecration date to be on the feast of the Annunciation, which, of course, normally falls on March 25. This year, March 25 is Palm Sunday. Consequently, as I understand it, the Annunciation will be celebrated on April 9.

1. Should I begin my preparation 33 days before, and use as my consecration March 25 or April 9?
2. Will this affect what date I renew my consecration on in future years?
3. I am currently in RCIA, and will be received fully into the Church at the Easter Vigil. Part of the total consecration method entails receiving communion, which I would not yet be able to do on March 25 this year. Would it be sufficient to make a spiritual communion as I already do at each Mass I attend? This question may be moot depending on the answer to question 1.

Thanks for your help!
I suggest you pick a different feast day, and that you wait until after you have been received into the Church to begin your preparation. It’s good to do this sort of thing when you can go to confession and communion frequently during the preparation. The Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel could be a good choice, as it’s in July. If you wanted to go a little earlier, you could try for the Feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, which is June 9th this year.