FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Cardinal Marx endorses blessing ceremonies for same-sex couples
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Munich, Germany, Feb 3, 2018 / 09:31 am (CNA).- The president of the German Bishops’ Conference has declared that, in his view, Catholic priests can conduct blessing ceremonies for homosexual couples.
https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/...ples-40772

In my own little world, I now consider Reinhard Marx a Manifest Heretic.
He already was long before this. According to wikipedia he has allowed the use of abortion pills in a hospital and says there is value in gay relationships, supports legal recognition of gay 'unions'.
In the true Hegelian spirit, if we're looking to do this new blessing for homosexual couples, I would suggest we take the text from an older ritual -- you know, thesis, antithesis, synthesis :

Benedictio duorum improbi vel duarum improbæ

V. Adjutorium nostrum in nomine Domini
R. Qui fecit cælum et terram.
V. Dominus vobiscus
R. Et cum spiritu tuo.

Oremus.

Ab + illo benedicaris in cujus honore cremaberit. Amen.

Et aspergantur aqua benedicta, postea petroleum deinde ignis benedictus aspergantur.
(02-03-2018, 08:00 PM)For Petes Sake Wrote: [ -> ]He already was long before this. According to wikipedia he has allowed the use of abortion pills in a hospital and says there is value in gay relationships, supports legal recognition of gay 'unions'.

The next step within 5 years will be a wedding ceremony in the catholic churches for the homosexuals, with the same ritual as for the heterosexuals.
(02-03-2018, 07:37 PM)Eric F Wrote: [ -> ]Munich, Germany, Feb 3, 2018 / 09:31 am (CNA).- The president of the German Bishops’ Conference has declared that, in his view, Catholic priests can conduct blessing ceremonies for homosexual couples.
https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/...ples-40772

In my own little world, I now consider Reinhard Marx a Manifest Heretic.

I don't think you're the only one to consider him a heretic.  But, he's in Francis' inner circle, so he's doing all this with impunity, if not with tacit approval.  Scary times we live in, indeed.
The Remnant recently had an article predicting by the end of this year the Vatican would in some way approve of blessing same sex 'unions'. Looks like they will probably be right.
It has been coming and was the goal of the 'synods'.
I know our Lord said the gates of hell would not prevail against the Church, but man this is getting bad. This is all getting hard to defend. I have no answers when I am confronted. How do we stay loyal to the Holy Father when he doesn't uphold church teaching and doesn't discipline anyone.
If I was a protestant thinking about coming into the Church I don't think I would. We are as bad as the Lutherans and the Baptists. Everyone doing their own thing.
My wife is a fallen away Catholic and she now said she would never come back. She asks me why do I want to belong to a church who doesn't know it's own faith. I told her I know my faith, her reply is what good is it if the Church teaches what you do not believe? You might as well join the Orthodox Church they have a valid Eucharist and they are more inline with your beliefs. I had no answer.
(02-04-2018, 07:48 PM)BobR67 Wrote: [ -> ]I know our Lord said the gates of hell would not prevail against the Church, but man this is getting bad. This is all getting hard to defend. I have no answers when I am confronted. How do we stay loyal to the Holy Father when he doesn't uphold church teaching and doesn't discipline anyone.
If I was a protestant thinking about coming into the Church I don't think I would. We are as bad as the Lutherans and the Baptists. Everyone doing their own thing.
My wife is a fallen away Catholic and she now said she would never come back. She asks me why do I want to belong to a church who doesn't know it's own faith. I told her I know my faith, her reply is what good is it if the Church teaches what you do not believe? You might as well join the Orthodox Church they have a valid Eucharist and they are more inline with your beliefs. I had no answer.

We should not be surprised when Our Lady of La Salette warned us it would be like this.
Approval of Blessings for Homosexual Couples Equivalent to Founding a New Church https://onepeterfive.com/approval-blessi...ew-church/

Why this man is allowed to remain a Cardinal is beyond me.
Pages: 1 2 3