FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Is Francis trying to destroy the Church?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can't help but feel that way based on the things that have been happening since the start of his pontificate.  By their fruits thou shall know them, right?  The fruits so far have been pretty bad apples, and the disease is spreading.

I may need to go to Confession for thinking this, but I also cannot shake the feeling that Francis may turn out to be the antichrist - not just an antipope, but really possessed by the Devil. That would mean we're truly in the end times.  Am I the only one thinking this?  It's probably crazy, but I keep coming to that conclusion in my head, which is very scary.
It really seems that Francis is trying to destroy the Church. If he is not evil himself, he certainly seems complicit in it because of all the things that unfaithful bishops and priests say and do without repercussions or even a response. Under Benedict XVI, the way of dealing with them seemed to be to simply wait them out, and replace them with good bishops. One problem, HE quit.  Another problem, HE and John Paul II appointed today’s bad bishops and cardinals. These aren’t leftovers from the early-mid 70’s. 

I’ve said before that one of John Paul II’s most serious faults was that that it was incredibly easy to suck up to him. Although to a much lesser degree, I think this was true of Benedict XVI as well. Francis makes people show their true colors, because his ideology is so different. If there isn’t a good enough pope in the near future who will put them all in their places, then at least those of us who are orthodox will know who to trust as faithful shepherds and who to regard as politicians who simply test the direction of the wind and run that way ahead of everyone else.
(02-04-2018, 02:41 AM)Credidi Propter Wrote: [ -> ]It really seems that Francis is trying to destroy the Church. If he is not evil himself, he certainly seems complicit in it because of all the things that unfaithful bishops and priests say and do without repercussions or even a response. Under Benedict XVI, the way of dealing with them seemed to be to simply wait them out, and replace them with good bishops. One problem, HE quit.  Another problem, HE and John Paul II appointed today’s bad bishops and cardinals. These aren’t leftovers from the early-mid 70’s. 

I’ve said before that one of John Paul II’s most serious faults was that that it was incredibly easy to suck up to him. Although to a much lesser degree, I think this was true of Benedict XVI as well. Francis makes people show their true colors, because his ideology is so different. If there isn’t a good enough pope in the near future who will put them all in their places, then at least those of us who are orthodox will know who to trust as faithful shepherds and who to regard as politicians who simply test the direction of the wind and run that way ahead of everyone else.

..."At the time of this tribulation a man, not canonically elected, will be raised to the Pontificate, who, by his cunning, will endeavor to draw many into error and death."
..."for in those days Jesus Christ will send them not a true pastor, but a destroyer.”

Read the the prophecy of Saint Francis of Assisi by Lucas Wadding in a 17th cent. book
"B.P. Francisci Assisiatis Opuscula" per Fr.Lucam Waddingum
The latin text of the prophecy is on pages 480-81-82:
"Prophetia XIV" : "Magnum in Ecclesia schisma et tribulationem futuram"
To download the original copy of this book:
https://books.google.fr/books?id=NHlMAAAAcAAJ&printsec=frontcover&hl=fr#v=onepage&q=452&f=false
(02-04-2018, 02:41 AM)Credidi Propter Wrote: [ -> ]It really seems that Francis is trying to destroy the Church. If he is not evil himself, he certainly seems complicit in it because of all the things that unfaithful bishops and priests say and do without repercussions or even a response. Under Benedict XVI, the way of dealing with them seemed to be to simply wait them out, and replace them with good bishops. One problem, HE quit.  Another problem, HE and John Paul II appointed today’s bad bishops and cardinals. These aren’t leftovers from the early-mid 70’s. 

I don't doubt the Pope on anything, he makes me think deeper about things and then I see how perfectly lined up with Christ he is with his actions. The church is being renewed, the dirt is being stirred and dug up and tossed around, before the Pope it was growing stagnant and growing lifeless.
He certainly could be. At this point I just hope that he either repents or at the least this Pope will expose all of the treachery of the last 50 years for all to see. This will hopefully lead to the swing back the other way. How long is the question.
                                             It certainly appears that he's trying to destroy the Church, and replace it with a kind of all inclusive world religion.
(02-04-2018, 09:08 AM)dove77 Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't doubt the Pope on anything, he makes me think deeper about things and then I see how perfectly lined up with Christ he is with his actions. The church is being renewed, the dirt is being stirred and dug up and tossed around, before the Pope it was growing stagnant and growing lifeless.

Jorge, is that youHuh?
In 2018, a person with no real prior understanding of Catholic teaching, could easily conclude in many dioceses, that the Church supports divorce and remarriage, and homosexual relationships. This was not the case prior to Francis.
(02-04-2018, 11:17 AM)Knight Hospitaller Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-04-2018, 09:08 AM)dove77 Wrote: [ -> ]

Jorge, is that youHuh?

Lol.
I think of him as 'the destroyer'.  And so are his minions.  They are not of Christ.
Pages: 1 2