FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Is Pope Francis a punishment from God?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's certainly a mystery why God has permitted the Church to exist in such darkness, but we should also give thanks, as God is always in complete control, and chastisements always come from His hand.

I think the problem is us.  

For our lack of chastity, modesty, humility, temperance, piety, etc.  Perhaps our mouth says one thing, and our conduct another.

Perhaps we all need to look in the mirror and figure out where we lack.
I believe Vatican II and the confusion and the misleading prelates are a chastisement from God, but yes, it is a consequence of our sinful unrepentance, as Our Lady of Fatima warned.

My sins have certainly contributed to it.

I just pray God would soon have mercy on us and once again send us good orthodox Sheperds and bring clarity to relieve our distress.
(02-04-2018, 01:40 PM)BC Wrote: [ -> ]I believe Vatican II and the confusion and the misleading prelates are a chastisement from God, but yes, it is a consequence of our sinful unrepentance, as Our Lady of Fatima warned.

My sins have certainly contributed to it.

I just pray God would soon have mercy on us and once again send us good orthodox Sheperds and bring clarity to relieve our distress.
Peace...yes, I believe we have contributed to the dark days we are in, but I also believe the Pope could bring us back to where we belong rightfully and properly - in Tradition and Truth!  In order for us to keep good order in our lives, we have to say NO sometimes, and I wish he would more often....angeltime
The Pope is a punishment from God, but so too is the weakness and viciousness of the clergy worldwide.  All of them need our prayers, as it is said they are judged more severely by God for being made responsible over thousands, tens of thousands, etc. of souls.  Early holy laymen of the church, e.g. St. John Chrysostom and St. Gregory the Great (I believe), were afraid of becoming priests or bishops, due to the gravity of their responsibilities.
(02-05-2018, 03:40 PM)SinnerSanctified25 Wrote: [ -> ]The Pope is a punishment from God, but so too is the weakness and viciousness of the clergy worldwide.  All of them need our prayers, as it is said they are judged more severely by God for being made responsible over thousands, tens of thousands, etc. of souls.  Early holy laymen of the church, e.g. St. John Chrysostom and St. Gregory the Great (I believe), were afraid of becoming priests or bishops, due to the gravity of their responsibilities.
Peace.....I wonder if that is the reason St Francis never wanted to become a priest and yet would encourage those that did - like St Anthony.....?  angeltime
(02-05-2018, 04:52 PM)angeltime Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2018, 03:40 PM)SinnerSanctified25 Wrote: [ -> ]The Pope is a punishment from God, but so too is the weakness and viciousness of the clergy worldwide.  All of them need our prayers, as it is said they are judged more severely by God for being made responsible over thousands, tens of thousands, etc. of souls.  Early holy laymen of the church, e.g. St. John Chrysostom and St. Gregory the Great (I believe), were afraid of becoming priests or bishops, due to the gravity of their responsibilities.
Peace.....I wonder if that is the reason St Francis never wanted to become a priest and yet would encourage those that did - like St Anthony.....?  angeltime
I wonder, too, for I didn't know that about St. Francis.  God has different callings for different men.