FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Isaiah 24- confusion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I know this is meant to be in the scripture section but I know Catholicism is more viewed.

Does anyone know what the catholic interpretation of Isaiah 24 is? Tried reading the biblical commentary, but it implies many will be condemned whilst on earth?
(02-05-2018, 08:49 PM)popeinnocent1972 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I know this is meant to be in the scripture section but I know Catholicism is more viewed.

Does anyone know what the catholic interpretation of Isaiah 24 is? Tried reading the biblical commentary, but it implies many will be condemned whilst on earth?

I'm not sure what verse you're talking about, or what commentary you read.
the curse that devours the people during the tribulation
Quote:Ver. 6. Sin. Towards the end of the world iniquity will abound, and men shall rage against each other, Matthew xxiv. (Worthington) --- They will also feel the effects of sin. --- Mad: abandoned to their passions, (Deuteronomy xxviii. 28.) excepting only the elect. (Menochius) --- Few. The Chaldeans permitted only a few of the poorest sort to remain, 2 Paralipomenon xxix. 10.

It means that they will experience the effects of their sins, one of which includes a greater attachment to it. The more one is attached to sin, the more likely they are to be obstinate in it and lose their souls because of it. This is why it is important that, even though we may struggle and fall a lot, we must keep praying for the grace of conversion and perseverance, and we must keep going to confession.